Profile for cre8ion@hotmail.com > Reviews

When Night Is Falling - Uncut Version [Import]
Dvd ~ Pascale Bussieres
Offered by MMRSALES

5.0 out of 5 stars Even if Night is falling - I would buy this, 30 Sept. 2014
I apologize that I will be writing about the regular version since I haven't quite gotten around to watching this yet - but hey, the fact that i bought the uncut version despite already owning another copy already speaks volumes! It's one that I have watched repeatedly over the years when the mood sets it. The circus background truly captivates and relationship sweetly tender.
Dislikes - absolutely none I can think of.

Blue Is the Warmest Colour [DVD]
Blue Is the Warmest Colour [DVD]
Dvd ~ Adèle Exarchopoulos

3.0 out of 5 stars Artistic, dark, honest & raw, 30 Sept. 2014
Ok, I would have bought this anyway - it's French - perhaps I read too much hype about it - but I personally found it amazingly raw and absolutely no barriers. Total respect to the main actresses who are beautiful, dark, amazing..and like most French movies that I have been drawn to and bought - dark and sombre undertones throughout the movie. The movie seamless leads you thought the years without the usually (1 year later etc..) which I amusingly adore.. it's shown more in the sense of attire and haircuts etc. Truly artistic movie. Incredibly honest.

Dislikes - OK, not really dislike but the raw sex scenes didn't really inspire me - but that's just me..

Kiss Me [DVD]
Kiss Me [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ruth Vega Fernandez
Offered by Gayfilmlover

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally grabbed my heart, 30 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Kiss Me [DVD] (DVD)
Wow, perhaps it was because I had no expectations but this is one which just grabbed me - I have simply no idea why - let's put it this way - i watched it over and over again day and day - ok for 3 days but this is a busy time for me... I'm unsure whether it was the simply deceptive but insightful look into relationships and the 'crossing over' or the fact it shows true insight of 'wanting to run away to have the life you truly want'..
Love the amazing actors and actresses. I guess this rings really true to home for those I know and how I felt at one stage in life :)
Enjoy if you decided to buy this!!
Dislikes - ZILCH to dislike

A Perfect Ending [DVD]
A Perfect Ending [DVD]
Dvd ~ Barbara Niven
Offered by fat_buddha

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Nicole Conn definite winner., 30 Sept. 2014
This review is from: A Perfect Ending [DVD] (DVD)
This I think will be one more for the mature audience - and hey, don't get me wrong, it will suit everyone of all ages, BUT I guess it has that 35year old onwards feel to it, LOL. Paris (Jessica Clark) is totally in character - that you simply have to love her. Kudos to Barbara Niven who has the guts and the honesty to play her character so well. Ok, every single one of the characters are amazing. I don't actually want to spoil the story so I won't say more than that.
Again, perfect musical score. As usual, the bonus is the team's behind the scenes and interviews.

Dislikes - I've collected all of Nicole Conn's movies by now, and the same dislike goes to majority of them - it is sometimes hard to hear the dialogue against a lovely musical background - but I am one of those nosy ones who need subtitles or to hear every word clearly - every nuance seem to mean a lot to me.

A Marine Story [DVD] [2010]
A Marine Story [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Dreya Weber
Offered by fat_buddha

4.0 out of 5 stars One to sit and chill out after a long, taxing day..., 30 Sept. 2014
This review is from: A Marine Story [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
One thing I really love about this - believe it or not is that it has absolutely no full frontal nudity. I bought it since I read somewhere it was based on a true story - and hey, it's still happening out there isn't it despite all our diplomacy and 'openness'.
Refreshing and a good story to sit and chill out on.

Dislikes - nothing that I can point out to. The only reason why I didn't give it 5 stars is only because, honestly - I had to reserve it for those I really, really love..

Gia [DVD]
Gia [DVD]
Dvd ~ Angelina Jolie

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Gia & Jolie., 30 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Gia [DVD] (DVD)
This is THE HBO movie that stuck Angelina Jolie into my list of actresses to watch.. loved it. Even bought the book of Gia Carangi to read right after watching this. Not disappointed by the book either. Loved the story, loved the acting.. what else is there to say?
Shows the first signs of HIV in those early days.

A Thousand Acres [VHS] [1998]
A Thousand Acres [VHS] [1998]
VHS
Offered by watsonsinc

4.0 out of 5 stars If you enjoyed "Crimes of the Heart", read on, 19 Nov. 2000
3 daughters, 1000 acres and their well-respected but tyrannical father. Larry Cook (Jason Robards) plays the bad-tempered, proud and recently retired father whom other farmers consult in regards to decisions about their farm. The discord begins when Larry publicly announces his decision to divide the 1000acres into 3 equal shares, Virginia/Ginny (Jessica Lange), Rose (Michelle Pfeiffer) and Caroline (Jennifer Jason Leigh). This gift is wavered by the youngest, Caroline, in order to think carefully into this and Larry's pride is injured. Father and daughter becomes estranged and Larry divides the farm into 2 portions but with time feels that Ginny and Rose and their families have forgotten about him and are preoccupied with having their own fun - due in part to the return of the prodigal son of a neighbour, Jess (Colin Firth) whom the girls haven't seen for a long time. Larry begins drink-driving and Ginny confiscates the keys to his truck for his own safety. This leads to the confrontation of accusations and threats between father and both daughters, which opens up honest admissions between Rose and Ginny about the lives of the Cook family. Ties and loyalties jump as Larry and Caroline take out a court order against her sisters over the management of the farm. The people in Pike feel Ginny and Rose have treated their father in an unacceptable manner. Ty (Keith Carradine) , Ginny's husband, takes Caroline's side and sisters are pitted against each other, as is father against daughters. The story is part-narrated by Ginny, the oldest. Loyal and optimistic. Being "oblivious" is how she copes with life but she is the anchor that holds the entire family together. Ty is equally nice as her husband who thinks and acts for the best of the farm. Rose is the middle sister, cynical, full of anger and hate. Says exactly what she thinks and will always fight for retribution. That's her way of coping. Peter (Kevin Anderson) plays her tough-outwardly-but-soft-inside husband. Caroline, the youngest, cannnot understand her sisters' judgement of their father, but then, she escaped their dark past. It 's not in the "kleenex" category, but still captivating in it's portrayal of the living expectations of a closely-knit community as well as looking at human misgivings. A good ensemble, and one of the rare movies where the leading women get to team up with younger men :) It's a definite in my personal collection. Sounding line from the movie: "This is what we have to offer, the same life, nothing more, nothing less."

Tequila Sunrise [VHS] [1989]
Tequila Sunrise [VHS] [1989]
VHS
Offered by unclejohnsband

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching courtship and strong loyalties of friendship, 19 Nov. 2000
Dale McKussic / Mac (Mel Gibson) is seen regularly visiting his favourite Italian restaurant run by the beautiful Jo Ann (Michelle Pfeiffer) and cop Nick Frescia (Kurt Russell) wonders if Mac's criminal past is surfacing again especially with the latest news that Carlos, the Mexican druglord is making a trip to revisit his long-time pal, Mac. Could Mac be conducting his illegitimate business in this suave restaurant also frequented by influential people? Could Jo Ann be involved, after all, she is certainly 'slick' enough and has a wonderful rapport with her customers? Only thing is Nick isn't all that keen to bust his high school friend, but he has a job to do. Mac has said he quit the drug business but no one else wants him to. Jo Ann definitely never asked to become a pawn between these 2 buddies as a romantic triangle evolves. What else is there to worry about except that Jo Ann unsuspectingly sets eyes on Carlos, and now he wants to dispose of her since she can identify him. No one knows who he is (bar Mac, of course). [Note. For that reason I am not telling you who plays Carlos.] This movie isn't your 110mins of high brakes, roller-coaster, good-guy, bad-guy story, and I am a Pfeiffer fan but the romance and theme of comaraderie between friends is uplifting. Besides, casting includes Gibson and Russell! A favourite from this movie: " I can't believe what you've done with your life. You think you can do or say what you like, just like Carlos. You try to f*** her, he tries to kill her". I've watched it a few times now and still enjoy it as much as if I were to have a cocktail to relax. Definite place in my personal collection.