Profile for Bob Murray > Reviews

Content by Bob Murray

Bob Murray "Buggerlugs" (Wirral, UK)

SanDisk Extreme SDHC 16 GB Class 10 Memory Card 45 MB/s (SDSDX-016G-X46)
SanDisk Extreme SDHC 16 GB Class 10 Memory Card 45 MB/s (SDSDX-016G-X46)
Offered by MyMemory

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Sep 2014
Excellent

Lowepro Topload Zoom Mini Case For SLR and Short Zoom - Green
Lowepro Topload Zoom Mini Case For SLR and Short Zoom - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars A bag for my Nikno D40., 29 Aug 2009
My D40 fits easily into this bag with the stock 18-55 lens and comfortably with the 55-200. A very good price for a well made piece of eqipment. Well chuuffed.

Bad Science
Bad Science
by Ben Goldacre

5.0 out of 5 stars Bad Science, 24 May 2009
This review is from: Bad Science (Paperback)
An enjoyable and very well written book. Does for poor and misleading science what Charlie Brooker has recently done for TV journalism. Angry yes, but reasoned all the way through. Angry because of the nature of the danger of some of the fools who have access to all of us through all aspects of information media.
Really enjoyed it, I found it made me a little more questioning of everything I see and hear.
Read it, it is informative!

Freeplay Jonta Self Powered LED Flashlight
Freeplay Jonta Self Powered LED Flashlight
Offered by AnGa Tech

5.0 out of 5 stars No batteries - way cool., 31 Aug 2008
This torch is superb. You just leave it alone and when needed, give it a good old wind and it works a treat. Really bright on the max setting. It comes with a mini-usb charging cable if you are too tired to crank it. Superb. Trevor Bayliss you are a genius!

Apple 3G iPhone Alu - Leather Flip Case (Black)
Apple 3G iPhone Alu - Leather Flip Case (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Protecting your i-phone, 31 Aug 2008
I bought the Proporta cover a week after I bought the phone. It is extremely well made and apperars to protect it very well. The phone is an expensive item and I want it well protected. The leather is soft and the magnetic catch works very well. I recommend this to any one who wants their valued possesion kept clean and safe.

Lose Weight Now
Lose Weight Now
by Glenn Harrold
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Lose Weight Now, 9 April 2008
This review is from: Lose Weight Now (Audio CD)
I bought this CD purely on the strength of the following reviews and I am very glad I did. I received the disk on the 21st March and today on the 9th April I have lost about three-quarters of a stone (My scales are crap and I try not to concentrate on weight merely on how I feel and how clothes fit).
I have had no trouble using the CD. I listened to the first track for the first couple of weeks but alternate between the two depending on which one I want to listen to. I have put the two tracks onto my mobile phone and have no problems putting the phone into offline mode and listening to Glenn where and when ever I want. His voice is very easy to listen to and I have had no problems with the accent.
I have struggled with my weight for years and when I get bored I just pig out. I can now walk through the kitchen when bored, take a drink of water look at biscuits and bread and say 'no thanks not interested'. For me, a real step forward.
As a side benefit I feel so much better in myself and am sleeping deeper. I find that when I lose weight I snore less so a benefit for my wife which is a bit galling!
A very effective programme.

Nokia CP-191 Black
Nokia CP-191 Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Protecting 400 quid's worth of phone, 1 Feb 2008
This review is from: Nokia CP-191 Black (Electronics)
I have had my case for about 4 months and am more than happy with it. Whilst other reviewers say that use of the phone in the case is a pain , one thing strikes me; did they not look at the sales pictures? Yes it is awkward but surely dropping an unprotected phone to the floor is slightly more vexing, I'd have thought. The case is well made, holds the phone securely and if you have a thumb and little finger they hold the flap and strap out of the way as you call.
Four hundred pounds in a scattered, shattered heap looks far less elegant than using this case!