Profile for Auld Wolf > Reviews

Wii/PS3 VGA HDTV AV Cable
Offered by TotalConsole.EU-UK
Price: 16.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Persistent audio crackling., 11 April 2014
The video worked fine with my Wii, but there was a persistent crackliness with the audio. I think it's because they used poor connectors (not gold), thus the shielding isn't great. As such... crackly audio. It's a shame, too, since it allowed me to play Wii games on my monitor. I'll have to look for another solution, elsewhere, and you might want to do the same.

Sennheiser PC36-CC USB Binaural PC Headset - Black
Sennheiser PC36-CC USB Binaural PC Headset - Black
Price: 34.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy enough to wear all day, every day., 1 Nov 2013
Since I started talking with people online, I've spent a great deal of time looking high and low for a comfortable headset that I could wear for long periods of time.

Most were uncomfortable, due to the band sitting on top of the head, the headset being overly heavy, the cups making my ears sweat, or the cups being made of nasty, cheap materials that would irritate my ears.

I went through a number of wired and wireless headsets, looking for the only one that worked for me.

I'll say off the bat that I have an unusually tall head. So that's why headsets which go over the top of my head feel so uncomfortable, but these slip over the head at a diagonal angle, resting upon (or slightly behind) the crown. This reduces the feeling of 'heaviness' that wears on me with most headsets.

The earbuds are made of nice materials that doesn't make my ears irritable or sweaty, the material breathes well. My ears are very happy to have these sitting next to them, when earbuds even produced by companies like Sony haven't measured up.

Oh, and it always extends a good way to account for the tallness of my head, too.

So, it's definitely the comfiest headset I've worn, but what about the other elements? You may be more interested in those.

The microphone is brilliant, so much so that an engineer friend is frequently annoyed by how good the microphones on the headsets that my lady friend and I wear are (she also has a PC 36). It's crisp, clear, and cleverly reduces background noise.

The sound is up to Sennheiser quality. You can look around the Internet for reviews regarding that, though. It is what you'd expect from this sort of headset. It doesn't have the oomph of a high-end headset, but considering the price? Well, let's just say that it provides the range of audio variety that I need for gaming, and the sounds it produces are meaty, rather than tinny.

I know a lot of headsets around this pricerange are tinny, but Sennheiser is better about that. As I said, though, you can search the rest of the Internet for information on the sound quality (and I recommend you do so).

I wrote this review because you might be in the position of needing a headset but none are comfortable. Well, all I can say is... give this one a go. I've been using Sennheiser for years now, and I don't plan on ever using anything else!

Really, once they've adjusted to the shape of your head (which they do well), you'll barely even feel them. It's a welcome luxury.