Profile for M. D. W. Wilson > Reviews

Professor Stewart's Cabinet of Mathematical Curiosities
Professor Stewart's Cabinet of Mathematical Curiosities
by Ian Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars Typical Ian Stewart, 8 Jun. 2013
Lots of interesting, mathematically-correct oddities,puzzles, facts etc. Some items have questions and explained answers, and some are unanswered 'famous' problems.

Marbultopia Marble Run Build & Learn
Marbultopia Marble Run Build & Learn
Offered by Unique Products Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Far too difficult for the target market, 8 Jun. 2013
I've bought a couple of these now. This one was for my niece. I just think that these marble runs need really thinking through when you're building them otherwise they fall over too easily. Not appropriate for 3 year olds.

Speedo Rift Pro Mask Goggle Swimming Goggles  - Black/Orange
Speedo Rift Pro Mask Goggle Swimming Goggles - Black/Orange

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but...., 8 Jun. 2013
My head shape doesn't fit these googles. In the water this is extremely annoying and I curse Speedo, but sitting here writing a review I am more forgiving and blame my own issues.

A Short History of England
A Short History of England
by Simon Jenkins

2.0 out of 5 stars Too difficult to read (apparently), 8 Jun. 2013
I bought this for my wife so that she could have a better grasp of history to explain to the children when they asked. Instead I have been told that I have to read this book and do the explaining

Professor Stewart's Hoard of Mathematical Treasures
Professor Stewart's Hoard of Mathematical Treasures
by Ian Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars Really fun and interesting, 4 Jan. 2013
Ian Stewart is terrific. As a maths teacher I have used this book to develop some interesting angles from which to extend or introduce a new topic. I'm not sure if everybody could access the book as it does include explanations needing A level maths undstanding.

A great book.

Kitchen Craft 30 cm Deluxe Cast Magnetic Knife Rack
Kitchen Craft 30 cm Deluxe Cast Magnetic Knife Rack

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality., 4 Jan. 2013
Fitted well and quickly too. Looks good on the wall. Holds about 10 knives easily. The magnet is surprisingly strong ( as it needs to be obviously ) so no worry about the knives falling off.

SealSkinz Winter Cycle Gloves
SealSkinz Winter Cycle Gloves
Price: £26.91 - £45.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 4 Jan. 2013
I have two pairs of these gloves bought specifically for mountain biking and used for road biking too.
They keep my hand dry and warm for the majority of rides. Only if it is really tanking it down do you feel the gloves getting damp.

Zoggs Mens Koolan Jammer, Size- 32"
Zoggs Mens Koolan Jammer, Size- 32"

4.0 out of 5 stars great fit, 20 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Zoggs Mens Koolan Jammer (Misc.)
Nice item. Fits well. I thought that I'd be embarrassed wearing such an item but they fit so well that you are not aware of how you might look.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome - best goggles I've owned, 20 Feb. 2012
I must have tried half a dozen pairs of goggles and they've always leaked, fogged up or basically hurt my eyes or eye sockets.

These goggles don't have to be worn too tight, as the seal is lovely and soft and supple. They don't leak or fog up.

Excellent. I couldn't recommend more highly.

The Eraser
The Eraser
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars not what I was expecting, 17 July 2006
This review is from: The Eraser (Audio CD)
I read quite a bit of blurb before buying this album. Obviously I was going to buy it, it was just a question of what was I going to get?

Most reviews said that if you like Kid A or Amnesiac then this was more of the same.

Well I don't agree really. The aforementioned albums are easily my least favourite of Radiohead's prolific back catalogue however I really like The Eraser.

I find the whole album less dark and gloomily slow than Kid A And Amnesiac; Eraser has it's moments and lyrically is a little 'screwed up' and thought provoking but there is something about it that separates it, lifts it above the 'depths of despair feeling', and into a mood of 'this is how it is but I don't care and I am coming to terms with it'.

A definite buy.

I will continue to listen to this for many months and continue to be enthralled.

Enjoy.