Profile for Norman east lothian > Reviews

Content by Norman east lo...

Norman east lothian (United Kingdom)

Selfset Metal Rat Trap
Selfset Metal Rat Trap
Offered by Price Attack Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Rat Feeder!, 29 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Selfset Metal Rat Trap
Discovered a rat in one of the compost bins and promptly bought this robust metal trap off Amazon. Waste of money! I had misgivings when I baited it with a brazil nut and pulled back the spring and gingerly then used a screwdriver to set it off. Just about had to jump on it myself to set it off!!! The trigger mechanism is set wrongly and the trap would need a large animal to set it off. As I thought, a few days later no nut and no rat just an empty trap that hadn't been sprung. I went to B&Q and bought a pastic rat trap and caught the offender several days later. My advice is to steer clear of metal trap and try a plastic B&Q which works and is far, far easier and safer to bait and set and works fine. Good hunting.

Elastoplast Fabric Plasters x20
Elastoplast Fabric Plasters x20

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks, 26 Oct. 2013
Fast, good value recommend. Usually buy out of local Cosco but they don't seem to do them any more so bought a single box to keep me going.

Garden Bird Songs and Calls
Garden Bird Songs and Calls
by Geoff Sample

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it!!, 16 Jan. 2013
Really liked this simple way to hear help identify common garden birds. Obviously not meant for a serious twitcher but does what it says.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really made for iPhone 5, 16 Jan. 2013
Advertised for iPad and iPhone but really meant for iPads as it is too thick a point for comfortable use wth my iPhone5. A useful gadget to help with my podgy fingers but can only comfortably use with my iPhone horizontally otherwise I tend to hit the wrong letter/symbol when trying to go too fast. Keep looking for a finer stylus (any suggestions).

Laser Distance Finder Pinpoint Scan
Laser Distance Finder Pinpoint Scan

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 12 Mar. 2012
For the price this does what I need. I'm not a golfer but it is a handy gadget to have. Recommend.

Kärcher WV50 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum
Kärcher WV50 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum
Offered by EVERYDAY-ESSENTIALS

5.0 out of 5 stars Too good to be true, 12 Mar. 2012
Listened to all the advertising hype online and on shopping channels and thought it as too good to be true!! It isn't......... BUY ONE they are excellent.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, 17 Dec. 2011
I was looking for a replacement pruning knife and saw this one and thought it looked a rather attractive sheffield knife with the 2000 logo on it. I bought another draper one and thought I'd buy this one to put away and keep. When it arrived I was not impressed with the quality or indeed the logo which you had to search for. A poor quality sheffield knife a which I would not recommend.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2013 8:15 PM BST

Black + Decker GL5028SB 500W Reflex Auto Line Feed Strimmer
Black + Decker GL5028SB 500W Reflex Auto Line Feed Strimmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Black & Decker GL5028SB, 17 Dec. 2011
Have always used Flymo strimmers but when my last one finally burnt out I looked for a single spool replacement. I hate using the double spool type which for me invariably ends up in a twisted tangle when you try and sort it when the line breaks. This always happens when are using it in the garden and I find the twin line a nightmare. Incidentally my father uses his with just one line and finds that works better to leave the bottom part of the spool empty. I know other people really like twin spool but for me and my father it is a pain and puts you off using it. After searching the internet I found the black & decker single line model. I'm not a great fan of black & decker as I have had drills and electric screwdrivers which are nothing to rave about but this strimmer is excellent!! It is a 100W more powerful than my last flymo and I'm really pleased with it and recommend it highly. Also the build quality feels much more solid than a flymo and the single line is a dream and the auto feed works well. My opinion is buy this model for routine garden work!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2013 1:18 PM BST

4.0 out of 5 stars Genio case, 17 Dec. 2011
I use this in addition to the wallet type. When I have a jacket on without any pockets I use this to clip on my belt. I find it really useful to have this facility when pocket space is short and would recommend it in addition to the wallet type.

Cobra Optics 1108 Phoenix Night Vision Monocular
Cobra Optics 1108 Phoenix Night Vision Monocular

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent start to night vision, 23 July 2004
I have had my Phoenix for nearly two years now and use it mainly when my wife and myself go up north (Scottish Highlands) with our 4 dogs. We choose isolated cottages with very large gardens (2 acres upwards). With no street lights at all the phoenix comes into its own and is ideal for spotting rabbits, foxes, stoats, bats, etc even frogs!!. Note - when scanning quickly around look for reflection from animals eyes which give them away immediately. However it's no use in town where street lights etc cause too much glare. I recently bought a powerful IR torch which is excellent and greatly increases the range of the monoculars IR but makes focussing the phoenix difficult unless you put the torch down first and also the torch needs frequent re-charging unlke the Phoenix which is only on to its second set of batteries. I am now looking to upgrade maybe to binoculars. The headset versions would probably suit better but look way over the top. The Phoenix is a good buy, pity they seem to have stopped producing it.