Profile for Philip Wilson > Reviews

Content by Philip Wilson

Philip Wilson (Broadstone, Dorset United Kingdom)

Jazooli High Power Super Bright Heavy Duty 3W 1 Led Waterproof Front Bike Light - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars First one good, second one not so good., 16 Oct 2012
After buying one of these a few months ago and being fairly impressed with the quality to price ratio, I bought another. I don't know if the production process has changed since the first was made but the second is not fit for purpose. Like other reviewers' have experienced, the tab on the bracket snapped and the light stopped working within two days. I asked for a replacement several days ago but not even had a response from the seller.
For the price of this, you take your own gamble.

HTML, XHTML, and CSS Bible
HTML, XHTML, and CSS Bible
by Bryan Pfaffenberger

3.0 out of 5 stars OK as a reference, not for complete beginners., 26 Jan 2005
I have a bit of experiencing writing Web pages but wanted to learn how to progress in a more structured way, taking in CSS.
I bought this book and started reading from the beginning. Boy, is it repetitive. It made me wonder whether the author had been paid per word. I read the first two chapters and decided that was enough. Thankfully, Amazon runs a great returns policy.
In summary, as a reference book for dipping into on an ad-hoc basis, it may work well for you. If you want a book to read from the beginning to gain a better understanding of HTML etc. then my suggestion is that you try something else.