Profile for R. Lawrence > Reviews

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 COLLECTORS EDITION 2 DISC SET
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 COLLECTORS EDITION 2 DISC SET
Offered by Ravi789

5.0 out of 5 stars Spider-Man, 21 Oct 2014
Fans of Spider-man will love this instalment of his adventures but for me I think Toby Maguire was the best incarnation of Peter Parker the previous actor that played Spider-man.

Symphonized Magnum Premium Genuine Wood Headphones
Symphonized Magnum Premium Genuine Wood Headphones
Offered by SeventhContinent

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the Best, 21 Oct 2014
Best Headphones I have ever listened to.

FREEVIEW RECEIVER & RECORDER SET TOP BOX Digital TV Tuner, Media Player, Records onto SD CARD or USB MEMORY, digi box by Digi-fun®
Offered by DIGI FUN (UK Seller)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Little Box, 16 May 2014
This freeview receiver, bought for use with an old Samsung TV, automatically tuned itself to all the digital channels once you press the button to install. In fact, this is the easiest (and cheapest) to use freeview receiver I have ever used/owned, and I have bought about six over the past 10 years.

I would advise anyone looking for a freeview receiver to try out this little box, you get a good picture (designed for wide screen), very good price, and very easy to set up.

I have read previously the the instruction manual is useless, the manufacturer/distributor has taken this to heart and has now included a page of "easy set-up instruction" (written in plain English) in the package.

Plus, something you don't find too often, this little box has an "off" button this allows the machine to actually switch off and not burn electricity in "stand-by" mode.

Great little box at a very nice price.

Thomson TG582n Wireless N Multi-User ADSL2+ Router
Thomson TG582n Wireless N Multi-User ADSL2+ Router
Offered by DSL Source

3.0 out of 5 stars TG582n Pro, 17 Mar 2014
Last week I dumped my old ISP and changed to a new one, and they supplied me with this modem. I must say that the TG582n modem is not a bad device, it is easy to set up (possibly because it came pre-installed) and I was able to connect my son's laptop and my android tablet wirelessly without any problems. Connecting my NAS via an ethernet cable gave me less problems than I anticipated and my desktop PC gave me no trouble at all.

However, I later found out that the wi-fi signal strength, from this modem, was not as strong as I expected and I could no longer use my android tablet upstairs, my TG582n is in my ground floor living room. My previous modem, the TG587n v2, with it's two external aerials, was brilliant at reaching all parts of my house whereas the TG582n, with no external aerials, can only service the ground floor areas.

My verdict, good modem, shame about the weak wi-fi.

Update:

Believe it or not, I have managed to increase the range of this machine's wi-fi, I just put it on a small (router) box I had and now I have a strong signal in my upstairs bedroom. I still cannot get a usable signal in other upstairs parts of my house, as I could with the TG587n v2, but at least the important part of my home is now covered.

Belkin Slim Protective Sleeve with Carry Handle and Zipped Storage for Chromebooks, Netbooks and Laptops up to 13 inch - Blue
Offered by Wiziwoo Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, great price., 16 Feb 2014
This bag can carry anything from a Netbook (do they still make those), smallish laptop, tablet and or associated papers.

Just a great little bag that can carry your essential (flat) electronic devices in a protective covering, and it has a small enough price so that you can "press gang" it into other uses if required.

SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDHC 32 GB UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card 30 MB/s + SD Adapter + Memory Zone App (SDSDQU-032G-U46A)
Offered by PicStop

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Brilliant, 16 Feb 2014
I bought this SanDisk micro SD card to increase the storage capacity of my recently bought Android Tablet, plus this "card" had better specifications and it was much cheaper than the one on offer by the suppliers of my Tablet, especially as I had a £10 Amazon voucher as well.

I had no problem inserting this memory card into the proper tablet slot and, when switched on, the card was instantly recognised, so no compatibility problems.

All in all, I cannot fault this product on quality, speed of delivery (cached & saved content) and complete compatibility with the product I am using.

And yes, I would recommend this micro SD card to anyone that a device that needed it, such as a digital camera, Tablet (Android or Apple), etc.

PS. I have not used, nor have any plans to use, the card adaptor.

Kirsberry - Danish Cherry Flavoured Liqueur - 70cl - 14.8% ABV
Kirsberry - Danish Cherry Flavoured Liqueur - 70cl - 14.8% ABV
Offered by Drink Specialist

5.0 out of 5 stars A Most Delicious and Flavoursome Liqueur, 15 Jan 2014
This liqueur is the most delicious drink I have ever tasted and I cannot understand why it is not more widely distributed.

Anyway, now that I have found a very good supplier via Amazon I intend to buy this drink on a regular basis.

Finally, everything about this drink is good, the taste, the flavour, the smell and even the shape and design of the bottle, the only people that will dislike this drink are the snobs, i.e. those that prefer corked bottles instead of screw tops.

Argon Tableware Straight Sided Mugs - 310ml (11oz) - Box of 6
Argon Tableware Straight Sided Mugs - 310ml (11oz) - Box of 6
Offered by Rinkit Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Mugs the way I like them, simple and straight forward, 11 Dec 2013
Mugs as they should be, nothing fancy just simple containers that carry hot and/or cold drinking liquids. What more needs to be said.

Plastic Handle Double Side Pedicure Calluses Remover Foot File
Plastic Handle Double Side Pedicure Calluses Remover Foot File
Offered by sourcingmap

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful Pedicure Tool, 11 Jun 2013
A very good tool for getting rid of calluses and filing down toe nails, and the price is unbeatable too.

ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE HOME 2009
ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE HOME 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars Backup your (WinXP) PC, 11 Jun 2013
For those, like me, that still use WinXP Pro SP3, have no plans to change, just because MS and its' acolytes say that you should, don't want a product suffering from windows bloat but still want to backup your important stuff then this is the product for you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4