Profile for Geoff Sanders > Reviews

Content by Geoff Sanders

Geoff Sanders

LG 42LN570V 42-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Smart LED TV with Freeview HD (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Briliant Display., 11 Nov 2013
This TV originally failed on me after only a couple months use with a software issue that does not seem uncommon when running a Google search. However, I believe this only affected a particular batch of TV's and therefore should not discourage anyone looking to purchase this set.

Due to the great service at Amazon, which is why I continue to bring my custom here, I was able to have my replacement TV installed just three working days after I contacted Amazon customer service.

Now, on to the TV itself:
Pro:
- I traded up from a 40-inch Samsung LCD, and the picture quality is a definite improvement; offering a brighter and more colourful palette.

Cons:
-The built-in speakers were, unfortunately, a step backwards and i recommend to those who are looking to purchase this set may also want to invest in an independant sound soloution (if you don't already have one). This is especially true for gamers as there is a delay which I cannot seem to eliminate, even when setting the sound to Game Mode.
- While this is marketed as a Smart TV, the TV does not feature built-in Wi FI and requires the purchase of a wireless dongle for connectivity (unless you connect an ethernet cable to the TV). The Smart features also seem lacking, but the apps that are available are great to use.

So, 4 out of 5 stars as the TV picture quality itself is superb. One of the best displays I have seen. However, this is met with some tradeoffs, such as the built-in speakers and lack thereof with Wi-Fi. Both of these are easily overcome, but only at greater cost to the user.