Profile for Claire Taylor > Reviews

Content by Claire Taylor

Claire Taylor "Claire Taylor"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Driven to Date (Better Date than Never)
Driven to Date (Better Date than Never)
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 16 July 2014
Having read every book in this series, I am never disappointed and they just seem to get better and better each time. Driven to Date has certainly got to be my new favourite! The banter and chemistry between Jill and Ryan has the perfect balance, and although Ryan is the one doing the chasing, it was great to read it from Jill’s perspective as her character grew throughout the story. All work and no play is definitely not the way for a happy life. Super sweet romance at its best.

An e-copy of this book was bought from Amazon.co.uk.

License to Date (Better Date than Never Book 6)
License to Date (Better Date than Never Book 6)
Price: 1.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect read, 16 July 2014
This book sat on my kindle for months after receiving it – it was just after I split from my now ex fiancé after finding out he was cheating and reading romance was the last thing I wanted to do. Every time I turned my kindle on it would jump out at me so I eventually gave in, and it was the perfect read to get me back into the genre. Obviously, I was able to relate to Kaitlin and after reading an article about having to go on an average of 7 dates to find the next someone special, the idea of 5 dates in 5 days seemed the perfect way to go (no I didn’t try it, finding 1 person I wanted to date was hard enough!). Paul is the perfect gentleman and I loved reading how Kaitlin slowly let him in. The chemistry between the two of them is clearly evident, and with the easy writing style, the pages were soon coming to an end. It’s a quick, fun, entertaining and humorous read, and I thoroughly enjoyed every second of the sweet romance. I will definitely be reading this book again in the future.

Bound by Love
Bound by Love
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Bound by Love (Kindle Edition)
This book is seriously hot and I thoroughly enjoyed every second of reading it. It isn’t going to be for everyone (the drug use and cheating may hit home for some), but for me those aspects just added more depth to the story line. It’s a gritty emotional roller coaster that was incredibly well written and the descriptive nature completely drew me in. I felt like shouting at both Annie and Gray at times, as they deal with life the best they can. I’m interested to see what is in store for both of them in the next book, Freed.

Even if you don’t tend to read erotic stories, this book has enough of a storyline that it may just change your mind on the genre (though don’t expect happily ever after romance).

I received an e-copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Vampire Trouble (Dead in the City)
Vampire Trouble (Dead in the City)
Price: 3.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing series, 1 July 2014
Fast paced and full of action, love and humour, this book never has a dull moment and I was soon so caught up in the story that it was difficult to put the book down in order to sleep. The world building and descriptive nature brings it all to life so vividly, that my imagination easily took over and I could see the story in my mind clearly as it all unfolded.
The chemistry between Shane and Maya is so evident, and I loved reading about them both overcoming their issues and realising that they worked best when together. Their story is definitely only just beginning, and I can’t wait to see what else is in store for them. This is definitely one to read if you enjoy paranormal romances.

I received an e-copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

The Spell of Summer (Once Times Thrice Book 1)
The Spell of Summer (Once Times Thrice Book 1)
Price: 2.40

5.0 out of 5 stars One to read, 16 Jun 2014
If you enjoy romance, then this book is definitely for you and I would highly recommend reading it. I fell in love with the characters immediately and became so gripped with the story that I really didn’t want to put it down, despite having things to do. The characters were real and believable, making it easy to connect to them and feel the roller coaster of emotions they were going through as the story unfolded. Every emotion possible is portrayed at one point in the story, and with the vivid descriptive nature and writing style used, it was easy to get completely lost in Merri and Jamie’s world. This story will definitely be read over and over again, and I can’t wait to read more of the series.

I received an e-copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Crane (Legends Saga Book 1)
Crane (Legends Saga Book 1)
Price: 1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique spin, 25 May 2014
When authors re-tell well known stories, I'm always a little worried that there just isn’t going to be a unique enough spin to keep my interest. Thankfully I soon realised this wasn’t going to be the case with Crane and I forgot everything I knew about Sleepy Hollow as I was immersed in this modern version the author had created. I loved how both past and present timelines were easily incorporated, making it seamless and thoroughly enjoyable to read with the humour and wit used throughout. I really didn’t see the twist coming, but it was perfect – I can’t wait to read more from this saga.

Getting Over It
Getting Over It
Price: 1.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 7 May 2014
This review is from: Getting Over It (Kindle Edition)
The last 5 months of my life had completely spiralled out of control and although on the outside I now appeared fine, inside I was still falling apart. I was very slowly sorting my head out and reading this book, although not a self-help book, has really helped me refocus and think about things from a different perspective. I can’t thank the author enough for sharing her story, it truly is inspirational and I’m sure everyone would be able to relate to at least aspects of this book.

Unintentional Virgin
Unintentional Virgin
Price: 1.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 4 May 2014
I was just randomly searching for a new read when I came across this one, and initially the cover caught my attention but then after reading the blurb I was intrigued and curious to see how the author would write this story. I loved how realistic the plotline was, and could easily see why Karma wanting to lose her virginity that way. As for Jax, I definitely need to meet a guy like him! Well written, the story flowed nicely and I thoroughly enjoyed reading from start to finish.

Tales of Ever (Volumes 1-6)
Tales of Ever (Volumes 1-6)
Price: 2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 4 May 2014
This is one of those books that sat staring at me on my kindle for ages, there was always something else that had to be read first, but when I finally managed to start it I really regret waiting so long and loved reading every word. Imaginative and completely different to other books I’ve read recently, this made for a refreshing change. The world building was amazing, and I was easily able to imagine ever little detail of Ever as Misha discovered everything, though most of the creatures were just scary. Even if you don’t usually enjoy fantasy, I would definitely recommend reading this.

An e-copy of this book was bought from Amazon.co.uk.

Nights Embrace (Others of Seattle Book 1)
Nights Embrace (Others of Seattle Book 1)
Price: 2.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect paranormal read, 4 May 2014
I have read all released works from this author, and am never disappointed. That being said, it’s always a little worrying when a spin off series is released but thankfully within the first few pages I realised I was going to love this book (and the characters) just as much as the others. Roxana and Trevor are such strong characters, and love at first sight just seemed right for them both, it wasn’t over powering or felt forced.

Between the detailed descriptive nature, easy flowing writing style and a great mix of paranormal, romance and action, I was left constantly wanting to know more and see what is going to happen next. All the other characters had their part to play (and I’m looking forward to getting to know them all better) but shockingly I actually started feeling sorry for Jordan, Roxy’s ex, as the story continued – I really hope he has a future story for us to read. Definitely one to read if you love paranormal, romance or shifters.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20