Profile for avid reader > Reviews

Content by avid reader

avid reader

Page: 1 | 2
Heart of Obsidian: A Psy-Changeling Novel (Psy-Challenging Book 12)
Heart of Obsidian: A Psy-Changeling Novel (Psy-Challenging Book 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story and great characters loved this one, 22 Jun. 2013
This one took me by surprise, I wasn't expecting it, but I loved it. Singh is such an amazing writer, her writing seems effortless so it is easy to get lost in the psy changeling world. I think this was one of my favourites.

Alone (The Girl in the Box Book 1)
Alone (The Girl in the Box Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 21 Jan. 2013
I tried this because of the reviews and great price and I'm glad I did. It is very well written with great characters and an interesting story that keeps the pages turning quickly. I read all of the girl in the box books released so far over a few days and my only complaint is that they aren't longer! There are few authors that i follow and mark new release dates in my calendar but crane just got added to my list.

Karrimor 3in1 Waterproof Jacket Mens Dark Khaki Large
Karrimor 3in1 Waterproof Jacket Mens Dark Khaki Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 21 Jan. 2013
I got this for my husband for walking the dog. It's perfect for those cold wet days and there are plenty of places to put his iPod. Great value overall

Daughter of Smoke and Bone: Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy Book 1
Daughter of Smoke and Bone: Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy Book 1

3.0 out of 5 stars Moments of brilliance, 21 Jan. 2013
I waited a while to read this book scared that it couldn't live up to the amazing reviews. I can see why people love it there were moments that I thought it was fantastic. My problem with it is that it felt like two different stories to me, one that I really liked and one that I didn't care for. I loved Karou as a character and thought brimstone and the teeth trade was fascinating. However I didn't care for the war that we find out about later in the book and towards the end of the book when it becomes one giant flashback I found myself jarred out of the story. I ended up wanting to skim read to get back to the current day drama which was infinitely more interesting to me. Overall I would say its a good read but with too many flashbacks. I gave it 3 stars because I enjoyed it but i won't be buying the second book.

Enforcer (Cascadia Wolves)
Enforcer (Cascadia Wolves)

1.0 out of 5 stars If I could give it no stars I would, 29 Nov. 2012
I bought this thinking it was more a fantasy book than paranormal romance so that was my fault but I still think it is an awful book. The start was ok but once it got to the part where nina was told 'you must have sex with my brother or you'll go crazy' I wanted to throw the book across the room. I didn't get much further before I gave up on it all together. If you like paranormal romance try JR Ward, nalini Singh, sherrilyn kenyon or Kresley cole.

Shadow's Claim (The Immortals After Dark Series)
Shadow's Claim (The Immortals After Dark Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read, 29 Nov. 2012
Another page turner and an excellent addition to the series. The story was interesting and characters well developed and I finished it in a day. I would usually be harsher with my scoring but I have read so much rubbish lately that it was a massive relief to read something good!

The Blinding Knife: Book 2 of Lightbringer
The Blinding Knife: Book 2 of Lightbringer

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic book from Mr Weeks, 15 Oct. 2012
I was so excited for the next instalment of the lightbringer trilogy and Mr Weeks didn't disappoint. Brent is amazing at fast paced story telling with intelligent characters and witty one liners. As always the second read will be better in some ways than the first as you spot everything you missed first time around. I saw Brent on his UK tour this year and all I can say is bring on The Blood Mirror (book 3).

A Dance of Death (Shadowdance Trilogy, Book 3)
A Dance of Death (Shadowdance Trilogy, Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 15 Mar. 2012
I really enjoyed this final installment. It was a while since I read the second in the trilogy and I admit I had forgot a lot of the details. It didn't matter though I remembered enough to follow and the book would work as a stand alone novel anyway. I thought the plot was great and the pace fast there wasn't a dull moment. I loved Haern, Alyssa and Zusa and thought there character development was good.

*Spoiler*

My only disappointment was I hoped Haern and Zusa would end up together perhaps I need to read the Half Orc books to understand why he is with Delysia at the end.

Overall A great read definately worth purchasing!

Darkfever: Fever Series Book 1
Darkfever: Fever Series Book 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic story, fantastic characters, 10 Mar. 2012
I am writing this review about the series rather than just book one. I thought they were fantastic! There are few books which keep me up till 4am because i can't bear to put them down but this series definately had me losing sleep. I liked the first book straight away, the writing style was easy and the pace good but it wasn't until the later books that things really picked up. I was lucky that I didn't find these until recently as I read all 5 in the space of a few days and quickly recommended them to others who likewise loved them. If you like fast paced stories that keep you gripped until the early hours then give these a try.

Dragon Bound: Number 1 in series (Elder Races)
Dragon Bound: Number 1 in series (Elder Races)

4.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining read, 10 Mar. 2012
I found this book to be an entertaining read well worth the money. Although it took me a few chapters to get into it once I did I was hooked and quickly devoured it. It's the first time I have read a book where the male lead is a dragon and I found the descriptions gripping. The pace of the book was good and the ending satisfying. I don't think the author is as good as Kenyon or Singh but her books are enjoyable and well worth the money.

Page: 1 | 2