Profile for H. Anderson > Reviews

Eagle Vs Shark [DVD]
Eagle Vs Shark [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jemaine Clement

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!, 30 April 2008
This review is from: Eagle Vs Shark [DVD] (DVD)
I went to New Zealand last August and stayed in Auckland. On my last night there we decided to go and see a Kiwi movie at the local cinema, and we wanted to go and see the film that had massive posters everywhere; Eagle VS Shark. Other than that we knew nothing about this movie. I honestly didn't expect Kiwis to have such an excellent sense of humour (I like to think Brits have the best) but I was verging on embarrassing because I was literally laughing hysterically for the majority of the film. The use of the stone roses track at the end did indeed bring a lump to my throat, and people may say this film is just an imitation of Napoleon Dynamite but I don't care to be honest because I've never even seen that film!! And I love Eagle VS Shark! It really suprised me and though I wanted to hate Jarrod for being so mean to lovely little Lily I actually found him kind of hot. The wheelchair scene is the best part! Watch it if only for that it is so shockingly brilliant! You expect this film to have a yucky American conclusion but it really swings the other way. Love it!!