Profile for J. Wilson > Reviews

Content by J. Wilson

J. Wilson

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Glovion® USB Rechargeable Electric Arc Cigarette Lighter Glossy (Black)
Glovion® USB Rechargeable Electric Arc Cigarette Lighter Glossy (Black)
Offered by Novostore

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 15 Dec. 2015
Arrived in good time. I don't smoke but I'm one of those people who carry all kinds of useful stuff. I bought mine back in September (about 3 months ago as of the time of this review) and it's still going strong. It's been used quite a lot by my pals outside so it gets used heavily during those times, plus they enjoy just messing around with it. I've never had it run out of charge on me, and it seems to last a long time on a single charge too. It appears to be wind proof too (but the wind can still affect the chance of the actual material to ignite of course). Works perfect for igniting fireworks too, nor does it get hot because there's no actual flame.

The cons: Well, nothing important really. It emits a quite loud high frequency noise which can bother some individuals after a short time, but this can't be avoided with this type of product. The arc gap should remain uncontaminated ideally otherwise you get a flickering arc due to dirt/burnt stuff on the electrodes (also affects the noise it makes) but nothing really actually stops the arc happening. Oh, and don't touch it when it's arcing: High frequency and high voltage is a fantastic combination that will gaurantee a nice zap of pain! But to me, it's a brilliant product.

Extra Long Adult Elf Hat - Chrismas Santa's Little Helper
Extra Long Adult Elf Hat - Chrismas Santa's Little Helper
Offered by WHOLESALE PRICE DEALS

5.0 out of 5 stars I like the hat., 15 Dec. 2015
I bought two of these, and stitched them together to allow a larger circumference head (namely, my motorbike helmet) so now I can ride about signifying to other road users that I support the hard working elves. If I have any comment, it would be that it's probably a little bit stiff and that it doesn't lay flat when it hangs, it kind of sticks up then folds flat (can be seen in the item picture actually) and for my purpose this catches wind quite a bit, but that's just me nit-picking.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Actesso Advanced Wrist Support / Carpal Tunnel Splint / Black Wrist Brace - Relieve Wrist Pain, Sprains, RSI and Arthritis - NHS Use (Large, Right)
Offered by Actesso Medical Supports Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job!, 17 Nov. 2015
I needed one of these after a motorcycle accident after hitting a car that pulled out on me at the last possible second with no time to even slow down. I had a quite dull wrist pain for a week or so after. I bought a simple wrap-around support from the pharmacy which didn't do much at all except cut off my circulation. I took to the Internet and found this one and it worked wonders. It allowed me to continue with some activities, albeit carefully. Very happy with it and I'm pleased to say my wrist no longer bothers me.

NRS Healthcare Easy Turn Radar Key For Disabled Toilets
NRS Healthcare Easy Turn Radar Key For Disabled Toilets
Offered by WALO

3.0 out of 5 stars Badly stamped, but I fixed it., 17 Nov. 2015
I received the key in good time, but it was fairly stiff in some RADAR locks. Upon looking at this key, you can tell it's been stamped out instead of cut, some of the metal had not been removed properly and this had lead to the key pattern not matching the RADAR locks properly. I had to grind away the remaining metal with a Dremel tool to get it working properly. I give it 3 stars because of this flaw as it did not work in all locks therefore being a badly fabricated item. Fortunately I was able to fix this myself, but bear in mind most people would not be able to.

Fire brigade master key set
Fire brigade master key set
Offered by WALO

4.0 out of 5 stars I can confirm all these keys work. The only ..., 15 Nov. 2015
I can confirm all these keys work. The only key I've had any trouble with is the longer FB4 key with it's curved shape. While it fits some FB4 locks, the shape of it isn't quite exact and some locks with the metal mask over the lock prevents the key fitting properly. I've ground it down a little bit with a Dremel, I've yet to test if I've improved it. Will update.

Waving Lucky Fortune Cat (6")
Waving Lucky Fortune Cat (6")
Offered by Burburry

4.0 out of 5 stars I bought this 4 months ago and put in a ..., 28 Sept. 2015
I bought this 4 months ago and put in a used battery for it. It's still waving all this time later! I originally bought it to go in my work van to wave at my colleagues on the road (a kind of in-joke, we pass each other making the same waving motion) but the jerkiness/vibration from the vehicle threw the waving arm off pattern, and stopped waving (with some twitching) no matter how smoothly I was driving. It now just lives on my shelf above my computer at home.

LED LENSER 7613TP V9 Micro Lenser Torch (Test It Pack)
LED LENSER 7613TP V9 Micro Lenser Torch (Test It Pack)

2.0 out of 5 stars Gone..., 28 Sept. 2015
Brilliant little torch for the whole week I had it. Nice and bright. The problem is I have absolutely no clue where it is now. It was attached to my small bunch of keys that are either hung up, or in my pocket while driving my motorbike (separate ignition key) and the torch has detached itself from the keyring end screw somehow without me noticing. I made sure it was tight enough to the point I feared I'd break the end off by twisting it too much, this proved ineffective. Not a lot I can do about it now. Oh well.
Comment Comment | Permalink

SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDHC 32 GB UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card 30 MB/s + SD Adapter + Memory Zone App (SDSDQU-032G-U46A)
Offered by MemoryLab

2.0 out of 5 stars Fake label, was actually a Kingston card, 11 Dec. 2014
I bought this card in August '14. It performs as it should, it works in my Drift HD720 camera at full settings just fine. No problems.

Throughout the time I've had this card, I noticed the label was chipping at the edges. I wasn't overly concerned but I just hoped the tiny bits that did chip off wouldn't obstruct the electrical contacts to the microsd card. Only now, I decided to just take this label off completely as it's peeling a bit more. I notice the card I've been sent is in fact a Kingston brand printed on the plastic. The stuck-on label, at a closer inspection, indeed looks like a home print job (see picture). The specifications of the real card seems to be the same, 32 GBs at class 10. Not really up to date about fakes or scams regarding sdcards, but I'm not sure why this was done and naturally I feel like I've been tricked. I can only be a bit suspicious. The seller was "Intelligent Memory" (Amazon ID A236O9667D1AJZ).
Comment Comment | Permalink

FRiEQ® Hi-Speed Extra Long (6 Ft/1.8m) Nylon Braided Tangle-Free USB 2.0 Micro USB Charging/Sync Cable For Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, Note 2, HTC, Motorola, LG, PS4, Xbox one (Light Blue/Yellow)
Offered by T.M. Enterprise

4.0 out of 5 stars however it did come in great use for my work driving ambulances, 29 Nov. 2014
I think I may have been high on something because I don't remember ordering this cable, however it did come in great use for my work driving ambulances. Just one thing to consider when laying the cable around/over your dash board: Due to the colourful pattern of the cable, it is very noticeable in the windscreen reflection, especially when night driving. I accidentally left the cable in Amman, Jordan, with a friend, thus I bought another cable but a dark green one instead. Has been perfect and durable since. Shame none of these come in plain black.

TeckNet® MT-095 3.5mm Universal FM Transmitter With Build in Rechargeable Battery + 2.1A Multi Car Charger - Black
Offered by Hippidion.Store

3.0 out of 5 stars Everything I could ask for, until it died on me 2 weeks later, 29 Nov. 2014
For £10, this thing is awesome. It's works straight out of the box, super easy to use, literally only two buttons to set the frequency (auto on when you press the down button, auto off after a minute of no audio). Can't go wrong. Charges up via ordinary micro USB, will switch straight off if there's not enough power (signal does not degrade slowly upon discharging). Fantastic battery life of many hours considering the size of it! Unfortunatelyyyyyy, due to its physical design, the jack stem can be easily suffer stress if knocked about too much. My unit became defective after only 2 weeks of use. The stereo audio went peculiar and lost the mono signals (audiophiles will know what I mean I hope, I think the ground pin disconnected inside the unit and only broadcast the signal differences in the stereo), and eventually lost all input and doesn't broadcast anything. I was especially aware of the design flaw of the thing and therefore took extra care when manipulating it, it just kind of broke itself it seems. I may look into one of those fancy bluetooth ones so it doesn't hang off my phone when driving.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5