Profile for Becka Gallagher > Reviews

Palm Style Deluxe Woodcarving Set-
Offered by 1st League EU

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bought here, but...they're okay. I guess., 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: Palm Style Deluxe Woodcarving Set-
I was bought these as a gift by a friend who knew I have a hobby of woodcarving. And they're...meh.

They're a stone cold female dog to get a decent edge on, and when you do don't expect them to hold it for long.

That said I can see these being of use if you want to learn how to hone the various types of chisel blade, without ruining an expensive blade.

Xbox 360 Slim Purple & Black Deluxe Console Carry Bag/Case. Also for In Car Use.
Offered by Gizmo Gaming

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, but is not nearly perfect., 9 Mar 2014
I got this for Christmas, and it's okay. It holds my Xbox well, has plenty of space for the PSU, controller and about half my games collection. The material is colourful, and reasonably hard wearing.

But there's a slight problem. The clips for the shoulder strap have a tendency to get caught it the material of the zip. It's not the end of the world and easily fixed by having the hook facing away from the body of the bag.

So in closing if you're on a budget go for it. It'll do the job. But if you can afford it splash out a little more for something a bit better designed.

Gumdrop Drop Tech Case for Asus Prime TF201 - Black
Gumdrop Drop Tech Case for Asus Prime TF201 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bit of kit., 10 Feb 2014
I rarely use the keyboard detachable keyboard, but the tablet itself goes everywhere with me. In fact it went to a steakhouse with me, and at one point decided to fly out of my handbag and slam in to a polished concrete floor. Luckily the Asus Prime itself is a game-day player, took the licking with not a single hiccup. But that taught me that I really needed a case for it.

The case itself is built of a very solid silicon rubber which has just enough give in it to cushion the tablet from all but the most extreme falls. The case has surprisingly accurately machined movable lugs covering all the access ports, they have a solid "not gonna move" feel when pushed into place, but are in fact not that hard to move when you need to charge the tablet up. The speaker area on the rear of the tablet is covered by a perforated area, I was actually very surprised that this did not reduce the volume in any noticeable way.

The screen cover doesn't reduce the touchscreen's sensitivity or accuracy in anyway I could notice. But it does a great job of protecting it from day to day damage, and is itself very easy to keep clean.

The only very minor gripe I might have with it is that it does noticeably add to the tablets weight. But on the other hand, you get a rock solid case, that will protect your tablet, while making it look like it eats other tablets for lunch.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition (Xbox 360)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by games-n-console-land

5.0 out of 5 stars Fus Roh Dah!, 8 Jan 2014
It's Skyrim, with even more shouting, bouncing up mountains, a house of your very own with a weapon room, and vampires, so many vampires.

If you liked Skyrim, you'll like this. But since people only love Skyrim, you'll actually love it. The additional weapons, skills, and quests are excellent. But the best part is building, and organising you're own home, just the way you want it.

It's like playing Cindy, but with swords, and nicer clothes.

Anker® 2 x 1600mAh Li-ion Batteries for HTC Desire Z, Desire S, Incredible 2, Incredible S, Salsa, EVO Design 4G, with Anker® Travel Charger [18-Month Warranty]

3.0 out of 5 stars They're mobile phone batteries..., 8 Jan 2014
...so how much can you really say about them? They work, they compare well to the original battery, the charger charges, and they're good value for money.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2014 11:48 AM GMT

Battlestar Galactica 1980 - Complete [DVD]
Battlestar Galactica 1980 - Complete [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lorne Greene

5.0 out of 5 stars So awful it's awesome., 8 Jan 2014
This series sucks. I mean wow does it suck. It's so bad that you will spend half your time cringing in the corner, and feeling sorry for Lorne Green.

And yet it's also awesome. It's genuinely funny, from the slight giggle the first time those flying bikes take off, to the gut buster of a belly laugh at their awful attempt at a serious time travel story. You are going to enjoy this, then deny to the world that you ever saw it.

Unless you're me, because then you decide that this really, really needs a review.

Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition (Xbox 360)
Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN

5.0 out of 5 stars Everybody Wang Chung!, 8 Jan 2014
Borderlands is my favourite FPS franchise; far more so than Halo, or even Crysis. And this expansion pack just makes me realise why all over again.

More levels of fun.

More levels of chaos.

A badass Psycho to call my own.

And best of all the Mechromancer. A nutty steampunkish teenage badass. Life just doesn't get better.

Now if only I could shut up the frikkin ClapTrap.

The TGC ® Purple & Black Shoulder Console Carry Bag for the XBox 360 - Sony Playstation 3 Phat & Slim Consoles
Offered by Gizmo Gaming

4.0 out of 5 stars Prettier than in the pictures...., 8 Jan 2014
... and actually works pretty damned well too. The carry bag is reasonably tough, though I do have long term concerns about the strength of the clip-hooks on the straps, and easily carries my 360, two controllers, PSU, cables, and half of my game collection.

That said I would never run my 360 while it's strapped in to the bag. This is simply because I don't believe that the airflow would be sufficient to safely cool it.

HP COMPAQ PRESARIO C300/C500/C700 LAPTOP CHARGER AC ADAPTER 18.5V 3.5A 65W MAINS BATTERY POWER SUPPLY UNIT INCLUDES POWER CORD C5 CABLE MAINS CLOVER LEAF 3 PRONG UK PLUG LEAD
Offered by EPC (UK) GRP LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Did exactly what it said on the tin., 20 July 2013
This is a perfectly serviceable replacement power supply for the C500, which my step-daughter owns.

It came well packaged, and in perfect condition.

Plugged it in, and boom a working laptop was reborn.

Generic Hard Disk Drive 80GB IDE - 1 Year Warranty
Generic Hard Disk Drive 80GB IDE - 1 Year Warranty

4.0 out of 5 stars I ordered the wrong thing, but I'm actually glad I did., 20 July 2013
I had originally not read the product page properly, as it had come up in a search for laptop hard drives. (This mis-labeling for the Amazon search engine badly needs to be fixed.) Woops.

That said. It arrived extremely well packaged, and in perfect condition. Realising my mistake I decided to use it in a monstrous Frankensteined machine I've been messing with for a few years. (A part from here, a part from there, with the occasional puff of smoke when something unexpectedly gives up the ghost.) And it works well. Not the fastest or largest HDD around, but it does the job (pure back-up file storage) and does it quite well.

Write speed is about what you would expect.

Read speed is okay as well.

It's not too loud, and well that's it really.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2014 8:48 PM GMT