Profile for Mr. M. Duffy > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. Duffy

Mr. M. Duffy "Duffman" (Leeds)

Page: 1 | 2
Energizer UE2601: 2600mAh Portable Charger - Provide on-the-go charging for your Tablets, Smartphones and more

5.0 out of 5 stars A great charger at a good price, 9 Jun. 2015
This portable power pack / battery from Energizer is an absolute winner the simple addition off a stand for my phone is perfect. As a regular train traveller this has come in so handy to watch films while eating or drinking. because it’s so portable I carry it around everywhere I go in my laptop bag or jacket pocket, I’ll hopefully never be caught out of charge again.

Also to note very fast delivery, two days from ordering.

Well worth the money I would certainly recommend.

SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB SATA III 2.5 Inch Internal SSD 530 MB/s for Desktop (SDSSDHP-256G-G25)

5.0 out of 5 stars First class!, 26 Mar. 2013
I've always used SanDisk flash products since I got into photography a few years back, their high end cards have always proved 100% reliable and well-priced. I've even got a couple of SanDisk USB sticks that have always kept my data safe and taken a bit of a knock on my key ring.

Having a 3 year old HP laptop that gets a lot of use, but was getting slower and slower the more I used it I recognised that buying an SSD would save me hundreds of pounds buying a new laptop. It would also give me the performance boost I was looking for. Choosing to go with SanDisk from my past experience was a no brainer but my decision was helped by the amount of press and awards that I have seen on the SanDisk recently, you will find a lot of good reviews online if you search for it (85% in a bit-tech review) and read a very good review in PCR magazine. Value for money I found to be fair at about 57p per GB, certainly in front of competitors similarly spec'ed products.

Installation was very simple and the resulting boot speeds on my HP laptop were dramatically increased after the third reboot, I'm told you need to reboot a couple of times at least before you will see the SSD preforming at an optimal level.

I've been really pleased with this purchase start to finish, a good service from Amazon and a great product from SanDisk.

LG BH16NS40 16x SATA Internal BD-RW Retail Kit
LG BH16NS40 16x SATA Internal BD-RW Retail Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints, 20 Feb. 2013
This drive comes in a nice retail box with all the spec's and information on the side of the box (you can save a couple of pounds by getting a brown boxed version, also available on Amazon) I went for the retail boxed version because it comes with everything you will need to install this drive in your desktop machine. (A friend bought the brown boxed version and I'm told that just includes the drive and the software).

This unit contains in the box :
Blu-ray / DVD Writer
Super Multi Blue install disc
Manual
Serial ATA Cable
Mounting screws
One disc (Modisc, the first disc to last up to 1000 years!!!!, I guess your data will be safe on that)

The front bezel of the drive looks really good in a stylish black complimented by the LG logo in silver, the eject button is quite shapely and nicely raised off the front bezel (a small thing to comment on but it looks good).

I've only used it for burning a few Blu-ray movies so far, I tried both Verbatim and TDK discs that borrowed off a mate, both worked well with no complications and both played back on my home Blu-ray player. When I come to order some discs for myself I'd be happy to use either (whichever is cheapest at the time).

All in all this is a very good purchase and it does all you would want or expect from a Blu-ray writer (oh last thing to mention it does 3D playback).
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2014 12:50 PM GMT

Toshiba HDTC605ER3A1 500GB Stor.E Canvio USB 3.0 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive - Red
Offered by @BuyLow

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth 5 stars., 22 Nov. 2012
I'm really pleased with this drive, it came promptly and looks well in red.

I was quite surprised at how small the box was it came in and even more surprised at the size of the drive, only 7.5cm by 11.5cm. After plugging it into my laptop with the USB3 cable provided and I had a backup of all my precious photo's, music and work in hardly anytime at all. The bit I really like and why I opted for this drive is that it comes with data and password encryption (up to 256-bit). I haven't really got anything top secret but I do like to know that if it ever did get stolen nobody would be able to get their hands on my digital life.

One fact I did find quite interesting on the box is that 500gb equates to :
up to 131,000 songs
or up to 142,000 photos
or up to 410 movies
I suppose this is all dependant on the format or size, but all the same its impressive and should last me a while before I fill it.

Well worth 5 stars.

Storage Options 52577 Options Scroll 7-inch Tablet PC with Capacitive Screen
Storage Options 52577 Options Scroll 7-inch Tablet PC with Capacitive Screen

5.0 out of 5 stars First rate well worth 5 stars, 29 Jun. 2011
I've wanted to take the plunge with a tablet for a while but I didn't want to go with a resistive screen and the capacitive were all too expensive. When I came across this Storage Options Scroll it appear to tick all the boxes, price point being the main factor.

Having now had it for about 3 weeks I literally never put it down, it's really responsive, quick, easy to navigate and feels robust and well made. My favourite features are the games and video output, facebook gets regular use also and my missus has used the preloaded kindle app and reads books whenever she can get her hands on it. For the erader function alone this is worth the money and the added bonus of everything else why would you buy an ereader?

I think this tablet would appeal to many people for many reasons, kids would love it and parents wouldn't have the price tag of an IPAD.

First rate well worth 5 stars
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2011 1:11 PM BST

LG W2252S 22-inch Wide LCD Monitor (10,000:1 (DFC), 5ms, Glossy Black)
LG W2252S 22-inch Wide LCD Monitor (10,000:1 (DFC), 5ms, Glossy Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars how did i manage without the extra 5 inches ?, 9 July 2009
I've been using a budget 17" screen at work for some time and often suffered with eye strain and headaches, convincing HR to get me this 22" screen has helped a great deal.

After using a 17" screen for so long this 22" feels massive and the picture is so sharp and clear I really can't praise it highly enough.

As well as the size and sharp picture I'm impressed with the great looking design, the bezel is very sleek and stylish and the stand is simple and sturdy.

In summary a great screen from LG and a cracking price and service from Amazon

Verbatim  47376 4gb Micro Flash Drive (green)
Verbatim 47376 4gb Micro Flash Drive (green)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Small the way USB flash sticks should be, 28 May 2009
Just what i wanted from a USB stick, so small and solid you forget its there but if you keep it on your key ring like i do it's always there when you need it. I was a little concerned that there was no cover or protection for the USB connection but you really don't need one, i've had mine you about a month now and it still looks as good as new.

Swissgear  Ga-7333-17f00 Jonas 15.4" Backpack Purple
Swissgear Ga-7333-17f00 Jonas 15.4" Backpack Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a winner !, 25 Nov. 2008
A great looking bag at a really good price. Its Swiss Army connection provides a bag that is clearly much better quality than other laptop bags on the market. The pockets and the general layout of the bag is ideal, I load it up on a daily basis with my laptop, loads of paperwork, a water bottle and my lunch. No signs of ware and tare and it's quite comfortable to carry even when fully loaded.

Ideal for biking to work during the credit crunch!

Sony KDL32D3000 - 32'' Widescreen Bravia HD Ready LCD TV - With Freeview
Sony KDL32D3000 - 32'' Widescreen Bravia HD Ready LCD TV - With Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Bravia TV, 14 Mar. 2008
One of the best products i have bought in a long long time. Easy to set up once set up, all channels are perfect quality and the sound is unbelievable!

Once a PS3 is hooked up to it, the Bravia really shows its quality, flawless graphics on games such as Pro evo and Call Of Duty.

If you are looking for an amazing addition to your front room and you already have a PS3 and Sky HD box then this is the TV for you.

Sony 1gb Digital Dictation Black
Sony 1gb Digital Dictation Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price Free delivery and a top notch product, 5 Mar. 2008
Listed in a major high street catalogue i'm please to say Amazon were cheaper.

This Sony dictation unit really is so easy to use comes complete with battery and USB cable - so ready to use out of the box.

Page: 1 | 2