Profile for K. E. Ash > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Vintage Teacup Club
The Vintage Teacup Club

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm & Cosy on a winter's night, 10 Nov 2013
This really is a book to curl up with on a cold winter's day/evening. The five star rating is, in my opinion spot on. This book has the perfect opener, three strangers after the same item at a sale. The story builds from there and draws you into the lives, hopes and dreams of three women. It then spreads beyond and continues to grow as you get to know and love the characters. It has several stories interwoven, but in no way complicated. I recommend this book to anyone, enjoy.....

The Mammy
The Mammy

5.0 out of 5 stars I felt part of the family..., 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Mammy (Kindle Edition)
Watching the One Show and Brendan O'Carroll was on there. I just love Mrs Brown's Boys and just had to read the books he'd written. The Mammy is such a lovely, easy going, full of love read that I can't wait to read the next one.
I would recommend this book to anyone, who maybe doesn't mind a little bad language.

Big Trouble In Little China [1986] [DVD]
Big Trouble In Little China [1986] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kurt Russell
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars stands the test of time, 8 July 2013
I first saw this film around the time it came out and loved it then. I watched it again the other night (Jun '13) and it really has stood the test of time and is every bit as good now as it was then. It's a real mix of action, scary, funny and fast moving.
While I wouldn't reccomend it to young viewers, it is certainly a good view for all other ages. Enjoy.

Around the World In 80 Days (Nintendo DS)
Around the World In 80 Days (Nintendo DS)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

1.0 out of 5 stars around the world in ..ei .. yawn ..., 17 Jun 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
"Stunning backgrounds and animation". Huh!! My husband is more animated when he's asleep than this game. There seems to be little excitement and too much info, if I wanted to read the book I would by it. To me this game is very tediously boring and zzz, I will not be recommending it to anyone.

Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace (Nintendo DS)
Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace (Nintendo DS)
Offered by filmrollen

5.0 out of 5 stars So Brilliant I recommended it to me Mum !, 11 Jun 2013
I am a big fan of these hidden mystery games and really enjoyed this one. Not only do you have the hidden, mystery part of the game, you also get a tour around Buckingham Palace at the same time. At the end of each section you have a puzzle to solve and they are of a varying degree of difficulty. I played the game through and then started again (yep - it's that good) the hidden objects had changed and on a couple of the puzzles, it took me a while to work it out again.
I recommended this game to my Mum (she's in her seventies and loves her DSXL) she bought it and couldn't put it down, that's why Mum has her own copy. She has also played it a couple of times now.
I know we will both play this game again and again......

Is It Just Me?
Is It Just Me?

5.0 out of 5 stars Such Fun Such Fun, 16 May 2013
This review is from: Is It Just Me? (Kindle Edition)
I got the free first chapter of this book as I was already reading a book
and didn't want to interupt it.
I finished the first chapter when I was out this morning and couldn't
wait to get home to order the book. I am really enjoying it and that's
what this reading lark is all about.
Some books are very deep and you need to keep your wits about you to keep
up with the content. Some books ie;- Is It Just Me are about relaxing and
taking the story as it comes and not thinking about it too much.
Enjoy, have a giggle and even a reminisc with young Miranda.

The Penguin Cookery Book (A Penguin handbook)
The Penguin Cookery Book (A Penguin handbook)
by Bee Nilson

4.0 out of 5 stars I knew this book was good...., 8 May 2013
I knew this book was good because my sister had a copy, which I used at her house.
Because of my health my husband has become the 'chef' in our house, he still lacks
some of the basics which as girls we learnt at school. This is the ideal and best book
to fill in those gaps. I would recommend it to someone learning and even seasoned
cooks. It is a real shame that it is out of print, the second hand copy I got was in
good condition, not expensive and my husband is pleased with it.

Brung Up Proper: My Autobiography
Brung Up Proper: My Autobiography

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW. BEST EVER AUTOBIOGRAPHY, 4 Aug 2012
This is by far and away the most honest, heart warming and interesting autobiography that I have ever read. It shows that there is more to a comedian than just comedy. I think it also proves that you DO NOT have to be elderly or have had a long, long career to have had a life worth writing about and certainly worth reading about.
If you don't read any other book this year, you should read this one. (Do try to read some other books too...)
ENJOY.............

Toys Pure Wooden Shut the Box Game
Toys Pure Wooden Shut the Box Game
Offered by K Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Sooo Much Fun !!, 29 April 2012
My sister gave me this game for Christmas and I had forgotten just how much fun it is. I have a younger sister who doesn't like to play any board, card, you name it games. She stayed with us for a week and was watching us play and gave it a go, she loves it. So we ordered this game and a smaller travel set for her, she is well hooked. It is such an easy game to learn, master and has some educational value as you have to add the scores from the tiles. I would recommend this game for any age group. ENJOY!

Duragadget Genuine Leather Case & Cover With Stand for Kindle 3 - Red
Duragadget Genuine Leather Case & Cover With Stand for Kindle 3 - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY HANDY, 6 Jun 2011
This is the perfect companion for the Kindle. Very light and flexible. Sits very easy in your hand and rests well on your lap for ease of reading while doing something else, ie eating, knitting etc.
Enjoy.....