Profile for EmmJ > Reviews

Content by EmmJ

EmmJ "EmmJ" (UK)

Baltic amber and sterling silver 925 designer cognac mouse brooch pin jewellery jewelry
Offered by Silver Amber

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
Small but beautiful, and the recipient seemed very happy with it.

niceeshop(TM) Cute Cat Key Chain/Kitten Key Ring/Bag Ornament With Bell-White
niceeshop(TM) Cute Cat Key Chain/Kitten Key Ring/Bag Ornament With Bell-White
Offered by niceEshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
Excellent price and my eldest loved it.

Werewolf's Guide to Life, The

Nemesis Now - Guzzlers Gorilla - Wine Bottle Holder
Nemesis Now - Guzzlers Gorilla - Wine Bottle Holder
Offered by Osiris Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars Weird but fun if you like gorillas, 2 July 2014
Pricey for what it is, but my mum (who loves gorillas) seemed happy with it.

Invero® Slim Fit Leather Case Cover with Stand Feature for Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Tablet Includes Screen Protector & Stylish Stylus Pen (Baby Pink)
Offered by Invero

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 2 July 2014
Not the colour I would have chosen, but the price was good and it's pretty robust and a reasonable fit. Satisfied with it.

Oh!Edo Towns
Oh!Edo Towns

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Oh!Edo Towns (App)
I bought this after trying (and giving up on) Dungeon Village. I find this far more entertaining and interesting, and much easier to manage. Very glad I purchased it.

Trixie Dog Activity Snack Ball, 7 cm
Trixie Dog Activity Snack Ball, 7 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't be without one., 2 July 2014
This is the second one we've purchased, after the first got a bit worn looking after a year of constant use. It's easy to fill with small sized kibble or treats, and my little dog seems to prefer eating from it rather than a dish. I guess it's more fun rolling a ball around the living room floor.

Dungeon Village
Dungeon Village

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun concept but too frustrating, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Dungeon Village (App)
I must admit, I've very little experience (or patience) playing apps. This was recommended to me. The concept is great, but I found that the maintenance costs quickly outstripped my profits and made further improvements nigh on impossible.

I prefer Oh!Edo Towns, which is less frustrating, a lot easier to manage, and subsequently much more fun.

50 Optical Illusions (Usborne Activity Cards)
50 Optical Illusions (Usborne Activity Cards)
by Sam Taplin
Edition: Loose Leaf

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad. Bit annoying that they're an add on., 27 April 2014
Getting a bit fed up with having to buy items like this as a £10+ add-on, or pay exuberant postage costs. Though I guess it's hardly surprising given the price of postage these days.

That said, the kids liked them. Bought one set for mine and another as a gift. Bit fiddly having to keep shoving them back in the box without creasing them. Might look for a book next time!

The Musketeers [Blu-ray] [2014]
The Musketeers [Blu-ray] [2014]
Dvd ~ Luke Pasqualino

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable drama with likable cast., 27 April 2014
I'll start by saying that I read the first book decades ago, and I loved it. I've also enjoyed several of the film adaptations. This series, it bears remembering, is **inspired** by the novel. It is not an adaptation. It was never intended to be an adaptation. Its creator has stated quite categorically that it is not an adaptation.It has key elements from the book, but it plays around with them, and for me it works. It has excitement, a touch of drama, a bit of humour, and an excellent cast. Yes, some story-lines are predictable, but I don't personally need to be constantly on the edge of my seat throughout a show to enjoy it. I also find it relaxing to be able to watch and get invested in characters, since I don't have to worry about them getting killed off to boost the dramatic content.

These Blu-rays have a few nice extras, though I would have liked to see a gag reel. Maybe they'll stick one in the next box set.

This might not be a classic, but it's a lot of fun, with a great sense of camaraderie between the main players. I'm looking forward to season two.