Profile for Jon stevens > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Amazon Music
Amazon Music

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 7 Nov 2014
This review is from: Amazon Music (App)
BRILLIANT its like having part of my music collection in my pocket. I have always liked the graphics on cloud player on my pc,and I am glad to see them on my phone

Illuminations
Illuminations

5.0 out of 5 stars ILLUMINATE YOUR SELF, 22 Aug 2014
This review is from: Illuminations (Audio CD)
This is an Excellent slice of YOUTHS,L.S.D,Liquid Sound Design,label a sub label of Butterfly records,which was formed in the early 90's.For those who were there this is just telling you what you know,and you probably know that the trance induced music coming out of Youth's place was some of the best going.ILLUMINATIONS is a 2006 release with brilliant tracks,which as often on the various artist discs there are a lot of collaberations between Youth and artists like the Orb and Abacus.I could carry on listing names but it is probably best for me to tell you that you should buy this cd and enjoy it.

MOBY - DESTROYED DELUXE EDITION
MOBY - DESTROYED DELUXE EDITION
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars moby is still now, 18 Jun 2014
I have been listening to Moby since GO,and he has allways been in the now creativly,destroyed is the same you either get him or you don't ,if you do you will love this ,and the deluxe edition is a massive bargain.

Read Only Memory [LP] [VINYL]
Read Only Memory [LP] [VINYL]
Offered by Fulfillment Express

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellant Album-Poor Pressing, 3 May 2014
When I got this I couldn't wait to unwrap it as I Love CHROME and I Love this Ep,but I was seriously disapointed, the record looks great being clear vinyl with a good copy of the original sleeve.It was when I played it things went seriously wrong it popped and crackled! At first I thought it might be my stylus so I slaped on 3rd from the sun by Chrome on Lilith records and it sounded great so i was gutted and was thinking of returning it.Thanks to Amazon they provide the mp3 auto rip version which sounds great.So I have a great looking album that sounds naff,but I get to listen to a great mp3 version hence 3*s.IT,s ashame as it is a excellant example of Chromes genius,Damon and Helios put this ep together in Damon's bedroom in a opium fuelled few days resulting in the jaw dropping "I AM THE JAW" which has to be heard to be believed.LOVE it, JON.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 10, 2014 1:20 AM BST

Eccentrix - Remixes
Eccentrix - Remixes
Offered by playanywhere

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!!, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: Eccentrix - Remixes (Audio CD)
I Love everything YELLO have ever done,and I've been listening to them since i was 15 way back in '81 so i may be a bit on the biased side,but this is a cracker. theres some excellant remixes some by Boris himself.A must for any Yello collection,or a great place to start!

Peel Sessions
Peel Sessions
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Orbtastic!, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: Peel Sessions (Audio CD)
If your new to the Orb get it,If your an Orb fan and don't have it,get it.Their are 3 tracks,1.a huge ever growing pulsating brain that rules from the centre of the ultraworld(loving you)2.back side of the moon(tranquility lunar orbit)3.into the 4th dimension(essences in starlight).Track 1 the Orb have put track 1 on the extra cd that you get with the de-luxe edition of The Orbs Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld.Excellant in any Dimension!

House of Marley Midnight Ravers In-Ear Headphones - Rasta
House of Marley Midnight Ravers In-Ear Headphones - Rasta

5.0 out of 5 stars great sound,great look,great alternative!, 19 Jan 2014
I've been giving these a bit of a tryout before reviewing them cos things can seem good at first,but then disapoint.These in ear headphones from House of Marley, though are something else! They look fantastic with there wooden body wrapped in green coloured alluminium,and the leads wrapped in a woven red,yellow,green,and black cord.cool.You also get a good quality gold mini jack,and 3 differant sizes of in ear rubber pieces.The sound easily rivals senheisers at the same price and beats alot of others,they have great bass exstention,and do have the ability to isolate from ambient sounds.Plus you know your helping the enviroment.I will be buying more.

Live 93
Live 93
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars orbular bliss experience, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: Live 93 (Audio CD)
i 'm a bit of an old f***er as I was 25ish when I first heard the ORB in 89.I had met Alex at my mate Morticia's house which was full of assorted Heads and I didn't even Know He was who he was,I just knew He was mates with Killing Joke which a lot of the household were,and he was from Lundun not 'ull.at that time there was a lot of traffic between Hull and London which was Fun if you know what i mean!Good Times! THE LIVE 93 gives you the ORB live experience which is Wondrfull,even though threre are recordings from differant venues (Glastonbury,Copenhagen,Tokyo)they have been mixed,and blended perfectly to give you that orbular blissfull experience that makes all the s***e fall away,and your in there world,which is personal to every Listener.Personally i wish there were more live recordings released.The Orb are currently releasing early material,but Live is limited so Grab 93 and spin it ..

Guidance
Guidance
Offered by Disco100

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic 90's Electro/Dub Fusion, 3 Dec 2013
This review is from: Guidance (Audio CD)
A Startling debut album from Bandulu,These boys(at the time) created an album with depth and extraordinary melodies.It's a blend of roots and culture with electro beats,and a soulfull exuberance with a ganja vibe. If you like standout 90's electronica like The Orb,System 7,The Drum Club,then this will float ya boat,Check it out!

BLAZING SADDLES (CD SINGLE 1987) HEAT REACTIVE SPECIAL SLEEVE..
BLAZING SADDLES (CD SINGLE 1987) HEAT REACTIVE SPECIAL SLEEVE..

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 23 Oct 2013
As a fan of YELLO since 1981,at the age of 15.I have followed there career closely as they were a firm favorite from the start.This disc is worth buying for the first track,BLAZZING SADDLES(latinhouse se)which is not easy to find,and is a great mix of a graet track.The 2nd track is a pretty good remix of I LOVE YOU by emillio pasquez,called the rubberband mix,which works really well,and is also a hard to get track.The 3rd track is The rythm divine,a bit of filler i think. Leaving you with the 4th and final track,Blue Nabou,a little gem which does pop up here and there.All wrapped up in a heat reactive sleeve.Altogether an excellant buy for Yello fans,and first timers who want to dip there ears in the ocean of sound that is YELLO,The Godfathers of dance

Page: 1 | 2