Profile for C. Joubert > Reviews

Content by C. Joubert

C. Joubert (Grenoble, France)

Devils Got Your Gold
Devils Got Your Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Excellent, 9 Aug 2006
This review is from: Devils Got Your Gold (Audio CD)
I heard about Frank while i was visting Girls Aloud's website (Im i'n France and we don't know them, Girl Aloud too). I Learned they were the 1st part of their tour. So I decided to go on their website. What a surprise when i heard 3 excerpt from their forthcoming album. I was waiting for the moment where I could hear them in a full length version. This moment just came on this week. "I'm Not Shy" is a brilliant song with good vocals. All the tracks are very good. "Complicated" is just amazing (I listened to it a hundred times aready). My favourite songs on the album is the Title Track "Devil's Got You Gold". I found it so cool and a little bit sad by the symphony but what a song it is. Another favourite is "Silence". Just a GREAT song and "Never Left a Girl" is just a Bomb. I think this album is an album to add in a collection. Devil's Got Your Gold is a pure pop album and I hope it wil have the success it deserves to have.

Whole Lotta History
Whole Lotta History
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Single....and What a B SIDE, 9 Aug 2006
This review is from: Whole Lotta History (Audio CD)
Whole Lotta History : Not of my favourite on the album but the "renewal" version made me change my opinion. The differences are very subtle but I prefer the orchestration on this version The main interest came from "Crazy Fool". This is a fantastic B Side and the title could be easily included in the albul (such as the other b sides)

Chemistry
Chemistry
Offered by MERLINMOOSIKDE

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece of Pop : Again, 9 Aug 2006
This review is from: Chemistry (Audio CD)
And 1,2,3. Chemistry has finally arrived and what a change. Packed with new sounds and style, Chemistry can be strange on the fisrt listening but at the end we can say that Girls Aloud are at their best. Many styles can be heared on the cd and I think that's the main interest on this album. All is in the Title. I think they wanted to prove they could do another things that Pure Pop Music and, in my opinion, they do that very well. My favourites on the album are Biology (even if the first time i heard it i was under the shock : how strange that song was), Long Hot Summer, Waiting, Watch Me Go and It's Magic. When you liste to this album with B sides of each single from this album (Nobody But You, I don't Really Hate You and Crazy Fool) you have to say : GOOD Job Girls. We are now waiting for the new material you will bring to us.

What Will the Neighbours Say?
What Will the Neighbours Say?

5.0 out of 5 stars Their 2nd Masterpiece, 9 Aug 2006
With What Will The Neighbours Say ? Girls Aloud made the perfect sequel to their Sound Of The Underground. In a logical music evolution they managed to mix new sounds with classical cover. The first track "The Show" is really nice to hear and it's my favourite. I can't stop listen to it since i bought the album. Then the other tracks are fantastic too. Wake Me Up is very great (and sounds better in live), Deadlines and Diets is gorgeous, Big Brother, Thank Me Daddy are some of Electro Pop we love to hear. Here We Go is also one of my favourite track. Following the massive success of their first album, Girls Aloud proved they weren't a group "who just came here". Brilliant Album

Sound Of The Underground
Sound Of The Underground

5.0 out of 5 stars A First Masterpiece of Pop, 9 Aug 2006
I knew Girls Aloud by watching MTV Hits. First I thought that was another girls band like others but there was something special. Everything has chaged when I heard for the 1st time "No Good Advice". I was so surprised of the energy of the track that when I heard there was an album on the way I was so Excited. The album came out and WHAT A SURPRISE. All the tracks are packed with a great sound. My favourite are No Good Advice, Life Got Cold, Stop, Girls Allowed, Boogie Down Love. This is their firts Pop Masterpiece and the best is about to come...