Profile for M. BERNARD > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Rieker Mens 13462 Slipper Brown Braun (toffee/royal / 25) Size: 8
Rieker Mens 13462 Slipper Brown Braun (toffee/royal / 25) Size: 8
Offered by ascarda

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice shoe with quality soft leather but it was a ..., 21 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Rieker Mens 13462 Slipper (Shoes)
A nice shoe with quality soft leather but it was a little too big for me so unfortunately I had to send it back.

Had a half size been available I would have certainly bought another.

BaByliss for Men Ceramic Smooth Cut
BaByliss for Men Ceramic Smooth Cut

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth, quick cutting, 21 Aug. 2015
This is a great hair trimmer! It is much smoother cutting, with less snagging or drag, than my previous cutter and the battery seems to be longer lasting. The motor sounds powerful but not too noisy, maybe a little louder than my old unit but it seems to run faster with greater power so may explain the slightly lower sound.

The combs snap on and off positively and are firmly attached. I broke a comb when the unit fell out of my hand onto a heard floor but the body did not have any damage at all, so seems to be tough enough unit in general. I managed to get a replacement comb from BaByliss directly for a reasonable price.

For the price I paid it was a very good buy!

Skechers Go Walk 2 Flash, Mens Multisport Outdoor Shoes, Grey (Ccbk), 43 EU (8.5 UK) (9.5 US)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wearing them will put a spring in your step!, 21 Jun. 2015
These are well made, very lightweight and comfortable shoes. Have good grip, even in the wet and really cushion your feet. In fact wearing them will put a spring in your step, literally! They are supplied with both black and white laces so you have the choice of styles out of the box.
They have soft flexible padding in all the right places so cause no rubbing or sore points after a long walk. All in all highly recommended.

Lexmark CS 510 DE Laser Colour Printer
Lexmark CS 510 DE Laser Colour Printer
Offered by sotel-electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Pro quality at a discount price!, 17 Dec. 2014
I selected this printer after looking for a while to replace my 5 year old Samsung for a few reasons, firstly it had the features I wanted, including automatic duplex, ethernet network port and AirPrint support.

But the real deal clincher is the inclusion of full high capacity toner cartridges! You get a 6000 page black and 4000 page colour toner cartridges already fitted in the printer. Just take it out of the box, remove the transport retainers form inside and your ready to go. The included toner mans the cost of this printer is actually much lower than cheaper printers, which often come with starter toners or low capacity toners (1500 pages). By the time you buy a few replacements you will have spent more than the cost of this printer.

Another benefit is the fast speed and higher resolution than cheaper units, this is fast and fairly quite in operation.

Just make sure you have somewhere to fit it and able to carry the 20 kg weight of this unit, it really feels like it costs the £600 list price!

Lexmark support seems to be good with regular firmware updates. The latest one in November 2014 fixed the SSL vulnerability.

Levi's Men's 511 Slim Fit Jeans, Black (Moonshine), W34/L32
Levi's Men's 511 Slim Fit Jeans, Black (Moonshine), W34/L32

5.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes quality costs more..., 17 Dec. 2014
Normally I would not pay loads for designer jeans and even at Amazons price these are still quite expensive. However I have been very pleased with these Levi's as they have a great fit and are made of much better fabric than many other jeans I have tried.

I would therefore suggest to those who have dismissed Levi's in the past to give them a go, as you may be pleasantly surprised!

Brennenstuhl 1171910 Anthracite Black Infrared PIR Motion Detector - For Corner Mounting

4.0 out of 5 stars Better coverage than most with flexible mounting options., 17 Dec. 2014
This unit is supplied with an optional bracket for mounting the PIR on a corner but can also be mounted on a normal wall, as the corner bracket is optional.

In my case it was mounted on a normal flat wall, without the need for the corner bracket. The range is just a little lower than my older PIR unit but clearly has a better detection angle so provides better coverage in the location I am using it for.

Hopefully, with the sensor being mounted on the underside of the unit, it will be less likely to suffer from water ingress.

So far it has been working fine but I will report back any future updates after it has been installed for a few months.

Opes Wireless Weather Station & Sensor
Opes Wireless Weather Station & Sensor
Offered by Salveo Wellness

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice display with plenty of contrast and accurate readings., 9 Nov. 2014
Nice sharp display and seems quite accurate in its measurements. If you do find there is some discrepancy you can calibrate this unit against a known source. This is especially useful for the humidity readings as these are often not quite a accurate against the best measuring instruments.

Bose ® Companion ® 2 Series III Multimedia Speaker System
Bose ® Companion ® 2 Series III Multimedia Speaker System

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't listen to them! ... Yet..., 21 Sept. 2014
What can I add to the already many good reviews about these great compact desktop speaks?

Well a little tip, don't listen to them! ... Yet...

No, I am not writing a scathing review but just pointing out like many speakers and headphones you need to allow some running in time before making a judgement about the sound quality.

I bought a pair for my son to use mainly for gaming, as he was tired of wearing headphones for extended periods. Straight away he was very pleased with them. I did not tell him about how they would get better after being used for a while, as a sort of blind test. After a few days of quite extended use he commented on how they now sounded a lot better and were a match for his expensive Astro A50 gaming headset.

So don't critically judge these, or any other speaker, until they have been thoroughly 'run in' otherwise you may not be hearing them at their best.

For their size, weight and low power consumption, due to the compact switch mode power supply, they are hard to beat for the price. I did listen to these in a Bose shop before buying and have to say they sounded better than the more expensive models on display. Audiophiles would of course not be satisfied with these but then again they would not look at anything unless there were at least three noughts at the end!

UPDATE: My son has been using these now for 3 months and we both still get a buzz out of the great sound quality these little speakers can produce. I really don't think you can go wrong in adding these to your desktop setup.

Philips Sonicare HX6511/50 EasyClean Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare HX6511/50 EasyClean Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Offered by liGo

4.0 out of 5 stars Cleans your teeth and wallet!, 21 Sept. 2014
There are hundreds of reviews for these Philips Sonicare toothbrushes but here is my simple view.

I have used many electric brushes over the years but can say I find the Philips Sonicare the best to use. They have the cleaning performance to match the best and are simple to use. Unlike some other makes the brush heads are solid, with no holes or moving parts, so no foodstuff gets stuck inside. In other words I feel they are the most hygienic head on the market!

This is almost the cheapest model in their range but in fact is all you need. It has the higher speed (31,000 oscillations) and essential timer function. You don't need all the other modes the more expensive models offer; I know I have tried many in the past!

That brings me onto the only negative point about this toothbrush, which also applies to all the other electric toothbrushes on the market I have tried. They only last between 2 to 4 years before failing, usually as the seal fails where the metal shaft enters the body that then allows water to enter and short out the internal circuit. Add on the cost of replacement brush heads and your wallet will certainly be lighter.

However, even given the above, I still keep on buying them as they are the best way to keep your teeth clean and the dentist at bay! Just ensure you only buy the handle when it is on offer to reduce the wallet impact of periodic replacements.

Mylek Citrus ULTIMA + Professional Concentrate Carpet Shampoo - 2 x 5 Litres - Works With all Machines
Offered by Sales Direct Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleans as well as the big brands, 21 Sept. 2014
Wonderful stuff!

I only clean carpets occasionally but an often amazed at how much the cleaning solution costs for big name brands. I thought I would give this a go as I had quite a few carpets to clean and can say I am very impressed! It as good as a cleaning solution as any of the big brand names I have used in the past. In fact I liked it better due to the present odour the solution gives off, not too strong and does not linger too long. After the carpets were cleaned and dry there seemed to be no residue left, as can occur with some cleaning solutions.

You mileage may vary with this product depending on the ,aching you are using it with but I would use it again and suggest you give it a go!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6