Profile for S. M. Araujo > Reviews

Content by S. M. Araujo

S. M. Araujo (Rio Tinto, Portugal)

Page: 1 | 2
Cleopatra - Original soundtrack of the film featuring Elizabeth Taylor (2CD) (OST)

5.0 out of 5 stars A treat for all ears., 3 Dec. 2007
For years and years I wore out my Cleopatra vhs tapes and dived into the enchantment of Ancient Egypt. The movie is a feast for all five senses and Alex North's soundtrack is truly fantastic - I love working (I'm a literature researcher) listening to this wonderful edition.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but out of reach., 23 Jun. 2007
Only two little issues: the "woman" you refer to is Elizabeth Taylor, Dean's co-star in Giant.

I live in Portugal. Why is it that some stuff (like this poster) are available for overseas delivery from amazon.com, but not amazon.co.uk?

Keep up the good work.

Good Health to All.

Davina: Power of 3 [VHS]
Davina: Power of 3 [VHS]
VHS

5.0 out of 5 stars A-M-A-Z-I-N-G., 18 April 2007
I'm lazy, i hated gym classes, i'm a bit overweighted and i don't like pushy trainers: I love this dvd!!!! I bought it on a whim, deciding to get fitter and I've kept working on it for three months now and it works. It really burns the fat (and the celulite!) and moulds your body. Plus, they are so sweet and funny! And HUMAN! I've recommended it to all my friends. Good Health To All.

Davina: Power of 3 [DVD] [2004]
Davina: Power of 3 [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Davina McCall

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous., 12 Jan. 2007
Being Portuguese I had never heard of Davina, but the way the dvd was sectioned made me do one of my best purchases ever! Tremendously exhausting but all three 'coaches' are very sensible, all exercises are presented with a lighter version. The word to describe Jill, Mark and Davina could be funny, could be tolerant, could be conscious but I choose sweet!!!! Good Health To All.

In Praise of Antiheroes: Figures and Themes in Modern European Literature 1930-1980 (Figures and Themes in Modern European Literature, 1830-1980)
by Victor H. Brombert

5.0 out of 5 stars A Superb Analytical Work., 26 Sept. 2006
I'm currently working on a phd on related topics and found this to be a wonderful books for experts, with thoroughness of research dully accompanied by analytical attitude. Moreover, it seems to me,it is a book extremely well written, and thus pleasant to anyone interested in understanding a bit more of the complex human nature. Good Health To All.

On Jimmy Dean
On Jimmy Dean
by Jimmy Dean

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real James Dean, 5 Sept. 2006
This review is from: On Jimmy Dean (Paperback)
What is so refreshing about this book is that you are not granted with a 21st century fan-or-not read of James Dean but rather with a sum-up of his own words and those of who actually knew him well, in a time, rather than subject sequence. Thus this book provides you with actual facts for you to interpret. One of my best buys and certainly a wonderful book for all those interested in the man behind the myth. Good Health to you all.

Teach Yourself Beginner's Russian Script New Edition (TYBS)
Teach Yourself Beginner's Russian Script New Edition (TYBS)
by Daphne M. West

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starting point to learning Russian., 27 Aug. 2006
I have no previous knowledge of Russian and was thinking of enrolling a course, merely for the sake of it. Still, I wanted to have some hint as to whether I would manage to get to grips with it or would it all be a waste of time + money. I bought this book under such intent and found it extremely user-friendly, divided in units that are both challenging and achievable, and very encoraging. I will definitely pursue learning Russian, but if anything this book made me doubt the urgence of moving into a class with a timetable I do not run. Maybe I'll stick to learn Russian with its help for the time being. Highly recommended. Congratulations to the people involved and my warm thank you. Good Health to you all.

Dame Elizabeth Taylor: A Musical Celebration [DVD]
Dame Elizabeth Taylor: A Musical Celebration [DVD]
Dvd ~ Elizabeth Taylor

4.0 out of 5 stars The Dame deserved Better., 9 April 2006
I've bought this dvd through amazon.co.uk and i really enjoyed it. still i felt Elizabeth deserved a true shower of stars, no matter how wonderful many of those taking part were. i hope she will still enjoy one huge, unforgetable, dazzling event "as becoming the last of so many noble" stars. for all distracted fans check out Cleopatra and you'll find the quote. Good Health and All the best to all of you.

Page: 1 | 2