Profile for Tirana44 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Air-to-Air Ultimate Airline Photography
Air-to-Air Ultimate Airline Photography

4.0 out of 5 stars Love These Pictures., 16 May 2015
I loved this book. Full of high standard illustrations, and a nice change from the standard 'on the ramp' shots. My only 'gripe' is that another 100 pages would have been great! All joking aside, I highly recommend this book.

UK STOCK White Wooden Rattan Ball Fairy Light String LED Clear Wire 220V UK Kite Mark Mains Powered 20 Wicker Balls - By GLOWFROST TM
Offered by Quality UK Wedding Supplies Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Light The Way To Bed., 16 May 2015
We used ours along the top of the headboard of our bed. Looks a treat they do what they 'on the tin' Good price too!

The Seven Seas, DC-1 to DC-7C (Famous airliners series;no.3)
The Seven Seas, DC-1 to DC-7C (Famous airliners series;no.3)
by Derek Harvey

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Propliner Revealed!, 16 May 2015
I love this book. I'd have bought it for the lovely perion dust jacket alone. The bonus is, that's its a fascinating read too. Very nice period illustrations. A period in airliner history, that I born too late to see. I like this little book, worth every penny.

Turbine-engined airliners of the world
Turbine-engined airliners of the world
by Frederick Gordon Swanborough

2.0 out of 5 stars An Aviation Time Machine., 16 May 2015
Not quite what I expected. Maybe I misread the description, but on opening the package, there was no dust jacket. This book is a 'product of its time' and was a nice read with many monochrome pictures. Was it really all that time ago? Turns out......it was

Classic Jets of the 1960s
Classic Jets of the 1960s

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautifull Trip To The Golden Age of Aviation, 16 May 2015
Another great volume from this author. Page after page of full colour nostalgia! Each full page image is of a great standard, and not split by any joins. Minimal text, location and year the picture was taken is very useful, and is enough in a book of this kind. I enjoyed every page of this book, I highly recommend it.

Classic Propliners of the Golden Age
Classic Propliners of the Golden Age

5.0 out of 5 stars Propliner Nirvana., 16 May 2015
My favourite ere in civil aviation. It's very rare in my experience, that a book is totally faultless, but I've got to say it, this one really is! I enjoyed every turn of the page, each one with beautifully presented colour pictures, and of a high standard too. Each page gives you one full size image, no annoying joins down the centre, my pet hate. Not too much text, which is fine by me, but enough to tell me what I needed to know, the location and the year the picture was taken is very useful. Even if you've only a passing interest in aviation, pick this one up, however, if this is your favourite ere in airliner history, you've got to have this one!

A Christmas Carol (Classic Edition With Original Illustrations)
A Christmas Carol (Classic Edition With Original Illustrations)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Journey Back to the Christmases of Childhood., 10 Mar. 2015
My all time favourite novel. The illustrations are absolutely wonderful, and evoke that unique Christmas atmosphere a treat. I've just finished reading it again in early March! I know its a very well known story, but combine it with those illustrations, and its a childhood Christmas all over again. Treat yourself, I'm glad I did.

Classic American Airliners (Motorbooks Classics)
Classic American Airliners (Motorbooks Classics)
by Bill Yenne

5.0 out of 5 stars The Propliners Rule! But 707s and DC8s Are Cool Too., 23 Feb. 2015
I'm an absolute 'nut' for these older airliners, especially the piston engined variety. This book does not disappoint, and has many photos that I had not seen before, and I've been into these aircraft for quite some years. The text is informative, but not heavy going, just how I like it. I had been looking for this book for a long time, and found it via a third party seller. The book was labelled as used, but it's almost mint, and I'm fussy about my books. I like this book very much, and I'm so glad to now own a copy. If you like these older airliners, get a copy if you can.

Jumping Jack Russells 2015 Wall Calendar (Myrna)
Jumping Jack Russells 2015 Wall Calendar (Myrna)
by BrownTrout Publishers Ltd.
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Present., 7 Feb. 2015
I bought this as a little Christmas present for my recently bereaved mother, who has a young Jack Russell herself. It was worth every penny to see her face light up on unwrapping it on Christmas morning. Well packed, good quality, and speedy delivery, can't ask for much more than that, can you.

Kikkerland ABS Retro Alarm Clock, Blue
Kikkerland ABS Retro Alarm Clock, Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, 7 Feb. 2015
I must say I love the retro look of this clock. Well made, and well priced, it now has pride of place on my bedside cabinet!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5