Profile for Tirana44 > Reviews

Palestine Country Flag Enamel Pin Badge
Palestine Country Flag Enamel Pin Badge
Offered by LetsCollect-it

5.0 out of 5 stars Very a Pleased!, 24 Dec 2014
I've been looking for one of these for a very long time. It's well made, and the despatch was very quick.

North Korea Country Flag Enamel Pin Badge
North Korea Country Flag Enamel Pin Badge
Offered by LetsCollect-it

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth It!, 24 Dec 2014
Good quality badge. Has proved to be something of a conversation piece

Bizjets: Executive Jets in Color
Bizjets: Executive Jets in Color
by Thomas Manser

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked this. Spent some time working with these lovely ..., 24 Dec 2014
I liked this. Spent some time working with these lovely aircraft during my 26 year aviation career. Pictures good quality. The book was used, purchased from a third party seller, and is virtually mint condition. Highly recommended.

Star Mens Christmas Fair Isle Knit Jumper All Over Print Long Sleeves Knitwear
Star Mens Christmas Fair Isle Knit Jumper All Over Print Long Sleeves Knitwear
Offered by Sports Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Christmas to Me!, 24 Dec 2014
Just brilliant. Better than I expected. Warm with lots of room inside. Looking forward to wearing it on the big day. Dispatch quick, and well packed. Can't ask for more than that!

Die Flugzeuge der DDR: Alle Typen, alle Daten, alle Fakten in 300 Zeichnungen
Die Flugzeuge der DDR: Alle Typen, alle Daten, alle Fakten in 300 Zeichnungen
by Manfred Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Worthy Book If You've An Interest in East German Aviation., 12 Dec 2014
I've had a long term interest in aviation, in what was the DDR, known by many others as 'East Germany' I've many books about the subject, in particular about what was the national airline of the DDR, known as Interflug. The vast majority of books on this subject are, not surprisingly, in German. Over the years, I have managed to grasp some basic German, which helps me to slowly navigate the texts. This book is a very comprehensive volume, covering both the civil and military types, including helicopters, operated by Interflug and the DDR armed forces. Die Flugzeuge Der DDR is a very good and beautifully illustrated guide, to what in the UK, is a very niche aviation subject. All of my books, except one, I purchased through German third party sellers on Amazon. All were quikly dispatched. This book is worth every penny/cent, don't miss it.

Cars of Eastern Europe: The Definitive History
Cars of Eastern Europe: The Definitive History
by Andy Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars Chariots for the People., 23 Oct 2014
If like me, you've owned East European cars, or just have an interest in them, then you should not miss this volume. Over time I've owned Ladas, Skodas, with the first one being the marvellously quirky 2 stroke Wartburg 353. By the way, you'll find that the Lada is covered by a sister book on the Soviet cars. As the title confirms, this book deals only with the East European vehicle manufacturers. Its refreshing to see a book so well written and presented, by someone who knows his stuff. Not all the East European cars were dreadful, and this is highlighted by Andy Thompson in his narrative. Copious illustrations, some from the advertising brochures issued by the manufacturers themselves. In the fifteen years that I owned these cars, I only ever had one breakdown, and that was caused by a British made battery! If you're into this niche of motoring history, this has to be on your shelf, don't miss it.

Tupolev Tu-154 (Aerofax)
Tupolev Tu-154 (Aerofax)
by Dmitriy Komissarov

5.0 out of 5 stars The photos are very good, as is the layout of the text, 25 Sep 2014
A thoroughly interesting read, from an author well versed in his material. Back in the 80s, I worked a lot with the Tu154, especially those operated by Aeroflot, Balkan and Tarom. The Tu154, is one of the most successful Soviet era jetliners ever built, and is still in service with many airlines in different parts of the world. There are one or two errors in the volume, but no where near enough to negate the otherwise superbly written content of the book. The photos are very good, as is the layout of the text. In short, a book worth every penny/cent, and if like me, you're into Soviet airliners, then this volume has to be on your bookshelf.

Russian Airliners Outside Russia
Russian Airliners Outside Russia
by Yefim Gordon

1.0 out of 5 stars Pass This One Up!, 6 Aug 2014
Don't waste your money. I wish I had payed more attention to the other reviews posted here, but I took a chance. I worked with Soviet/Russian airliners for many years in the 80s, so I was really looking forward to reading this book. What a huge disappointment. I ploughed my way through half the volume, but after seeing the umpteenth picture of a plane, with every part of its livery which should be blue, being coloured purple, or in some cases green, I'd seen enough. As you would imagine, I have many books on this subject, and all are of better standard than this one. Some of the pictures, as another reviewer pointed out, are small and grainy, that I could have lived with, but I can only assume that the person responsible for checking the images prior to printing, must have been colour blind. The authors seemed to know their stuff, but the omission of the East German airline Interflug is a glaring one. It operated the largest fleet of Ilyushin and Tupolev airliners outside Russia. Its a bit like omitting the Douglas DC3, from a book detailing the history of civil aviation. The book, though it arrived within its delivery schedule estimate, was packed in nothing more than a polythene bag, of the type used for delivering magazines, this resulted in crease marks on the covers, and curled corners. This is the second time in as many months that I've received a damaged book via Amazon. I've only given one star, solely for the fact that the colour pictures on the cover are almost correct.

Klingon Bird of Prey Manual: IKS Rotarran (B'rel-class) (Owners' Workshop Manual)
by Rick Sternbach

5.0 out of 5 stars 'So that's what's under the bonnet', 19 Jun 2014
I recently purchased the Diamond Select Bird of Prey model, and I thought it would be interesting to see what what goes on inside my favourite ship. The detail in this book is amazing, and the layout and graphics really add to its appeal. Its easy to 'dip in and out' of it too. I can't fault the book, but I can Amazon's quality control. They need to make sure the books are in 'as new' condition before packing, a badly scuffed front cover, should never make it through the system.

Citroen DS: The World's Most Beautiful Car
Citroen DS: The World's Most Beautiful Car
by Daniel Denis and Thibaut Amant

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'Goddess' Indeed., 19 Jun 2014
I've been besotted by the DS, ever since my parents bought one, way back in 1961. This book is a masterpiece, the quality of the illustrations is exceptional, and the text most informative. The detailed coverage of all the many different variants of the DS, brought back a lot of memories. My parents owned seven of them over the years, and the book reminded me of the variations that each of those cars had, as they covered a time span of around fifteen years. I've enjoyed every page of this book, and if like me, you love this iconic car, then don't miss this volume. The most beautiful car in the world? Yes, I think she is, and this book truly does her justice.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4