Profile for JG > Reviews

Content by JG

JG

Tek-Cam camera module case for Raspberry Pi Model A Model B & Camera Module (Solid Black)
Offered by The Pi Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Case, 2 Sep 2014
Very neat. There are no assembly instructions but after you figure how it must go together it clips together quickly. The model B+ won't fit in this case, it's too big. A lens dust cover would have been a useful addition

Blame the Dead (Bloomsbury Reader)
Blame the Dead (Bloomsbury Reader)
by Gavin Lyall

4.0 out of 5 stars Still a Good Read, 15 Feb 2014
As a fan of Gavin Lyall's stories of small time aviation written in the 60's I decided to re-read his other adventure stories. Unfortunately most of then are out of print but luckily Bloomsbury are reprinting some of them under their Bloomsbury Reader series. As a fan of Gavin Lyall I'm biased but I thoroughly enjoyed it . It's published in a slightly larger format than a paperback 9.25 x 6 inches and my only criticism is is the plastic cover that I found sharp when holding the book for extended periods.

G-HUB(TM) ProPen Stylus TWIN PACK Dual Function Stylus (and Ballpoint Pen) - Works on all Capacitive Touch Screen Devices
Offered by OGADGETHUB

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 23 Oct 2013
I had previously bought these items for use with my tablet but bought some more for use with my smartphone, my fingers are too large when typing. An added bonus is the black ink ball pen at the other end. For me, an excellent product.

Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Blue
Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Blue
Offered by TTsims - select Express at checkout for delivery before Xmas

5.0 out of 5 stars Fully Meets My Expectations, 15 Sep 2013
I looked at four different manufacturers and three different models in the Samsung range before deciding on the Galaxy S3 mini. I didn't need a top of range smartphone and this mid range model seemed to meet my requirements, in fact it exceeds them. My overriding requirement was for a sim free, unlocked phone.

My only gripe is the lack of a manual. Yes, there is a quick start guide supplied but Samsung could easily supply the manual either on the phone or a quick download after installation instead of the convoluted path needed on their website.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 28, 2013 12:14 AM GMT

Google Nexus 10 Tablet Case - G-HUB PropUp BLACK Stand Case Cover (with integrated stand function and magnetic sleep sensors) for Google / Samsung Nexus 10 with BONUS: G-HUB ProPen Stylus
Offered by OGADGETHUB

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 16 Feb 2013
Ordered Monday arrived Wednesday on free delivery. Fits the Nexus like a glove. I particularly like the included stylus, it makes it easier to access the smaller icons on the screen.

The Bike Book: Complete Bicycle Maintenance (Haynes)
The Bike Book: Complete Bicycle Maintenance (Haynes)
by Mark Storey

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but could be better, 4 Oct 2012
This is a very useful book. However as it is aimed at those choosing a bike as well as those who will be carrying out major maintenance, it would benefit from identifying components discussed in the text by identifying them in the accompanying photographs. I have only used it so far for setting up the derailleur gear train and found it a very useful book. I would recommend to a friend but point out that that they may have to puzzle a bit identifying components.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 2, 2013 9:19 AM GMT

Berger & Schröter 60134 Jaxa Case Opener in Wooden Box, Luxury
Berger & Schröter 60134 Jaxa Case Opener in Wooden Box, Luxury

5.0 out of 5 stars Jaxa Case Opener in Wooden Box,, 7 July 2011
Excellent tool I've only used it on one watch to date but I,m pleased with the results. I particularly like the storage box which keeps all the accessories neat and tidy.

Philips DTR220 - Ultra Compact Digital Freeview Set Top Box (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Workmanlike, 10 July 2009
Does what it says on the box so far. Only BBC1,2,3,4, News24, Parliament and three childrens' channels available from local repeater until 24 July.