Profile for Carole > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Eleven
Eleven

4.0 out of 5 stars Unusual, 7 April 2013
This review is from: Eleven (Kindle Edition)
Took me a while to get into this but eventually really enjoyed it, and the fact that it's a bit different from your run of the mill stuff. Made me think about how events have an impact beyond where you'd imagine.

GARDMAN HDUTY SEAT/FURNITURE COVER COMPANION GARDEN NEW
GARDMAN HDUTY SEAT/FURNITURE COVER COMPANION GARDEN NEW
Offered by Home and Garden Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic quality, 10 Nov. 2012
I have bought several Gardman Heavy Duty Covers - for different garden items. I bought the first lots of years ago and found it so hard-wearing that I have gone for the same again for other items. They might be a little more expensive but, believe me, you more than get your money back by not having to keep buying again.
Also, because they are essentially made of a fabric, with a waterproof backing, they don't make a noise when it is windy, something I found woke me up with a cheap cover I once bought.

Amazon Kindle Keyboard Lighted Leather Cover, Black (only fits Kindle Keyboard)
Amazon Kindle Keyboard Lighted Leather Cover, Black (only fits Kindle Keyboard)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a clever design!, 10 Nov. 2012
I love this cover! It is powered by the Kindle, so no need for either separate batteries or charging and it is hardly any thicker than the standard cover.
For me, though, the best thing is that, since the Kindle switches off if you don't turn a page for a while, so does the light. This means that if I fall asleep whilst I am reading (which I do very frequently as I use it as a way to get to sleep), it switches off, saving the battery.
And because the light is on a stem of flexible plastic, I should think it is not easily damaged. I'm not saying that if you rolled over onto it you wouldn't damage it, but it has certainly been fine so far, on my pillow.
I use my Kindle so much more now that I have this cover.

The Silence of the Sea / Le Silence De La Mer: A Novel of French Resistance During the Second World War by 'vercors'
by Lawrence D. Stokes

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful if you are learning French, 10 Nov. 2012
I bought this book because we are studying it in my French class. It is very good because there's a good introduction to begin with then the story in French and then the story in English. Even whilst you are reading the French some of the less common vocabulary and phrases are explained at the foot of the page, which is very helpful.
The story is explained by many other reviewers so no need for me to do so too.

Fracture
Fracture

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 10 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Fracture (Kindle Edition)
It might be intended for young adults but I am not quite a young adult and I loved it. It's not a long book but it has excellent pace, loads of tension and keeps you guessing. Brilliant. I am definitely on the lookout for more from this author!

FOR AMAZON KINDLE WI-FI / 3G 6 SCREEN PROTECTOR 6-IN-1 PACK
FOR AMAZON KINDLE WI-FI / 3G 6 SCREEN PROTECTOR 6-IN-1 PACK
Offered by ClickJunkie

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather shiny and why a 6-pack?, 10 Nov. 2012
The Kindle has a non- reflective screen but these screen protectors make it rather more reflective - a more matt finish would have been better. But they are exactly the right size. (can't think why I'll ever need more than one though, so I reckon they only come in a pack of six so they sell more!)

The Girl in the Painted Caravan: Memories of a Romany Childhood (Pan Real Lives)

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm, interesting and stays with you, 9 Nov. 2012
I bought this book because it was on the Kindle Daily Deal and I like factual books. And what a treat it was! I realise now that I knew nothing at all about the Romany way of life and what I thought I knew was born out of second-hand prejudices.
Now I have a completely different view of these honourable, proud, warm and family-oriented people and really wish that their traditional way of life was not disappearing.
The author paints a picture of a very happy childhood and of a group of people with a strong sense of community.
I finished reading this quite a little while ago now but it still keeps going round in my mind.
I'd give it SIX STARS if I could.

The Misremembered Man
The Misremembered Man

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 9 Nov. 2012
I loved this book. It did take me a little while to get into it initially, but once I did, I couldn't put it down and I gradually read it faster and faster as I approached the end. I really cared about the characters and I thought I knew how it would end.............and then I decided I knew how it would end again............... But no! I didn't see the end coming at all! Excellent!

NEW & SEALED GRIFFIN SMARTTALK SOUND ISOLATING BLUETOOTH HANDS-FREE HEADSET FOR iPHONE 3G 3GS 4 & 4S
Offered by Elmij Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the money, 10 Sept. 2012
I had a not-very-good Bluetooth headset, which I lost. This one was so inexpensive that I wasn't hopeful of better performance but it is excellent. I originally bought it to use with my Blackberry 8520, which it worked fine with, even though the description made it look like it was only for use with iPhones. Very recently I changed to an iPhone 4S and paired with the that it is even better. Works fine snd clearly to talk hands free and it even allows you to dictate text messages, totally hands-free, using Siri. Just say "Send a message to ..." or "tell .... that ..." and it sends the message after reading it back to you. It will also read new text messages. Brilliant little device, works well, battery life seems good so far, and is comfortable in the ear.

Paw Tracks in the Moonlight
Paw Tracks in the Moonlight

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written & captivating, 3 Jun. 2012
I must begin by saying I am not a cat lover........................... But I simply LOVED this book.
It is the story of the author's relationship with Toby Jug, a kitten he found with his dying mother.
The book is written with warmth and charm.
A must-read. I have recommended it to so many people.

Thank you for all the good reviews which encouraged me to buy it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7