Profile for Carole > Reviews

Content by Carole

Carole (Essex, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
OREGON SCIENTIFIC Anywhere LW301 weather station LW301 (Keep up to date with weather conditions with the Anwyhere LW301 weather station from Oregon... )

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY THIS...., 17 Jan 2014
The hardware is easy to set up but software is VERY poor.
The app doesn't work well on the iPhone and there's no app for the iPad.
It doesn't give history well at all. Days out of date and never 7 days. Sometimes 4 days, but sometimes only 1 and more often than a week ago.
You can use a computer to download the data into Excel but then it isn't really ANYWHERE weather, is it?? And even then, although it says the data is ever 5 minutes, it isn't, it's every hour!
I began to suspect that the data it was giving might be truly fictitious but I have another device and usually the barometric pressure is identical - mind you, that's made by Oregon too!
You're supposed to be able to set up custom alerts to your smartphone but all it does is give a list of alerts in the app - not much good if you were hoping the phone would wake you up half an hour early to give you time to defrost the car! They are NOT POP-UP ALERTS!
Regarding the computer, sometimes you can't log on - it tells you that you are using the wrong password, when you are not!!
But worst of all, there is ABSOLUTELY NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT!!! I've emailed them twice and as far as I can tell the email has just disappeared into the ether!!! And there's no other way of contacting them!
The full price of the kit is 276.30!!!! Just pleased I didn't pay quite that much!! But for that price you expect a quality product and DECENT customer support.
This could be brilliant - but it isn't, simply because of poor software.
Are you listening, Oregon?????

Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe
Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe
Price: 5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Light, entertaining read, 16 Dec 2013
I don't usually read this sort of book but just before Christmas I like a Christmas book and I really enjoyed this. Probably not great literature but well enough written and the story certainly pulled me along. Quite sad to have finished it, actually.

Black Diamond Spot headlamp black headlamp
Black Diamond Spot headlamp black headlamp
Offered by Alpinsport Basis GmbH
Price: 33.63

5.0 out of 5 stars My second!!, 15 Dec 2013
I loved this headlamp - sadly I lost it, as I left it in a hotel, so I HAD to buy another, exactly the same as the first.

It is excellent. Having no battery pack at the back and being able to be dimmed, it is very useful for reading in bed when I can't sleep, without waking my husband. But on full power it is really bright and useful for such things as negotiating a dark campsite, finding things in the shed (hands free to move the junk!) etc.

It has two white settings, a "main beam" or "two sidelights". Both these can be dimmed a little or a lot - variable.
It also has a red light.
And finally it can be locked to prevent accidentally turning it on in a bag etc - don't use this much as it wouldn't be very likely to happen in any case, in my opinion.
It isn't cheap but you get what you pay for and you wouldn't regret buying this.

Le Petit Prince (Folio) (French Edition)
Le Petit Prince (Folio) (French Edition)
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it on the iPad, 28 Oct 2013
I already owned this in proper book form but buying it on Kindle, to read on my iPad has an extravagance I have not regretted. I also have a French/English dictionary for Kindle on my iPad and when I read this book, if I come to a word I don't understand I can tap on it and it brings up the dictionary translation. You can set the dictionary to look in the dictionary you choose and won't change for that book unless you change it.
Then also I can highlight (in a choice of colours) words or phrases that I want to ask about in my french class and then take it along with me.

Other than all that, it is a charming little story, which I have already read a couple of times in English.

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro (8GB RAM, 750GB HDD)
Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro (8GB RAM, 750GB HDD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sadly, not mine, 28 Oct 2013
I bought this for my son, to start his masters course. And I am SOOOooooooo jealous it isn't mine. It is just gorgeous.
It is full of all the sexy, clever ideas that Apple decide that you absolutely MUST have, before you have even thought about it!! And they are just so right. I'd love to hate Apple, because they are overpriced, market monopolising, over-hyped ... and all the other things that we've all heard said over and again, but the truth is that in fact I just LOVE them. I am an iPhone and iPad owner and if I could only afford to, I'd have one of these for myself too.
If you are considering buying one of these, you won't be disappointed. Go on, you know you want to ....

Wesley
Wesley
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: Wesley (Kindle Edition)
I've not finished reading this yet but I love it. If you enjoyed "Paw Tracks In The Moonlight" then you'll enjoy this too. Another book written by someone who has raised a small animal (or in this case, an owl) from newborn and developed a relationship with said creature. Interesting, funny in parts, sensitively written and with a good, easy-to-read style.

I can definitely recommend it.

GOSMART 300 Series Stylus (black cap)
GOSMART 300 Series Stylus (black cap)
Offered by Go Smart, Inc.
Price: 19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for Draw Something 2, 28 Oct 2013
How sad am I!!! I bought this stylus so I could draw more accurately on Draw Something 2. And for that purpose I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. I have never been much of an artist but this stylus allows me to draw in detail and most importantly see exactly where I am drawing when I do it (unlike using my finger).

New Maths Frameworking - Year 9 Pupil Book 1 (Levels 4-5): Pupil (Levels 4-5) Bk. 1
by Kevin Evans
Price: 15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 28 Oct 2013
Several of my private tutees use this book so I bought it to use with them. I already knew the book well. Its fine but tries to put too much into each "lesson" with too few questions to practice and exercises not graded as well as I would have hoped.
That said, it covers the course content and does what I need it to do.

HOMEFRONT PREMIUM DOUBLE SIZE FULLY FITTED WASHABLE LUXURY FLEECE MATTRESS COVER DUAL CONTROL (INDIVIDUAL HEAT CONTROL FOR BODY & FEET)
Offered by Direct Sales
Price: 74.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 22 July 2013
Love the fact that you can control each side of the bed separately and even more so that you can control the foot section separately from the body (I hate hot feet and like that part of the bed to be cold!)
Another good thing is that the cords going into the blanket are quite flat so you are never aware of lying on them ( which used to be a problem with our old electric blanket).
You can set it to switch off after 1 hour, 5 hours or 12 hours so if you like you can sleep with it on ( I've only done this once when it was very very cold)
Not washed it yet do can't say how well that works.

Citizen Women's Corso Eco-Drive Watch #EW3034-59A
Citizen Women's Corso Eco-Drive Watch #EW3034-59A
Price: 120.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous., 22 July 2013
I've only had this a few days but I love it already.
Very attractive, has date and day of the week and it's waterproof enough to swim in. Has a 5 year manufacturers guarantee, which is more than most give. (Although I can't see how to register it)
Also it has luminous hands that make it possible to see the time at night.
Warning though - you will need to get the strap adjusted at a jeweller's. It's not easy to do it yourself. But it did only cost me 3.50, so not bad!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6