Profile for Dan > Reviews

Compact Digital Multitester With Diode And Hfe Test
Compact Digital Multitester With Diode And Hfe Test
Offered by EnergyMonitorWorld

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and works well, 21 Nov. 2013
I like that it comes with a battery, there are no instructions but there are lots of things you can read on the internet. Well recommended.

Razorpit Razor Blade Sharpener
Razorpit Razor Blade Sharpener

5.0 out of 5 stars It.... works!, 21 Nov. 2013
I was skeptical but this actually works. From another review I use a couple of drops of hand gel onto the blades and then using it wet I scrub up the sharpener 20 times, then reverse the sharpener and do it again. The blades dont tug or pull and last a lot longer.

Annie Mac Presents 2013 [Explicit]
Annie Mac Presents 2013 [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars With this album you will be raving not behaving, 21 Nov. 2013
Love this album. Buy AMP every year it comes out and the different types of tunes on there are excellent plus a mixed version which I love. Definitely right up my street this one. If you like dance music... buy it!

Aurora 50-210W/VA Premium Dimmable Electronic Transformer
Aurora 50-210W/VA Premium Dimmable Electronic Transformer
Offered by Lights4u

5.0 out of 5 stars Works excellently, 21 Nov. 2013
I bought this to replace a faulty in line dimmable transformer. While this unit does not dim by itself it can be dimmed using a plug dimmer. Had no problems fitting it and it was excellently.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars cheap and nasty, 21 Nov. 2013
Not very impressed. The back plastic came scratched. It generally feels cheap and unfinished edges. It does fit well though which I think is the only thing going for it.

Plantronics BackBeat GO 2 Wireless Earbuds - Black (Frustration Free Packaging)
Plantronics BackBeat GO 2 Wireless Earbuds - Black (Frustration Free Packaging)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good headphones but quite large, 22 Sept. 2013
I have wanted a pair of bluetooth in ear headphones for a while. Doing research on the topic I saw the backbeat go 2 with positive reviews on websites, however the fact that it seemed to be bluetooth 2 and not bluetooth 4 + aptx was a little disconcerting. It was either these or jaybird bluebuds x which are a lot more money so I decided to preorder off of amazon.
I was not sure if this item came with the little pouch + battery but it does not. It is just the headphones, some extra tips (small and large, medium are already fitted) a usb to micro usb cable which is quite novel as the cable is reasonably long and it has a usb female socket behind the usb male so allows you to use two cables out of one socket if you have an additional cable.

Sound quality is very good, there is some good bass response, the clarity is excellent. They are quite large in ear modules, but I am not surprised seeing as that has to house the battery and bluetooth module. The controls on the cable work fine, the call quality is a little rough but acceptable when you are using them as hands free.

The instructions provided could do with being a bit better. On the front page it says about plantronics apps available for iphone and android, one being myheadset and the other find my headset. The myheadset app does not actually support this unit so I dont know why they say about it. The find my headset app is excellent, will show you on your phone how much battery life and estimated time is left, allows you to find the headphones if you have lost them (by sending out an audible alert on them if they are on or telling you where you last had them connected). The instructions do not indicate how the extra stabiliser works, are you supposed to hook them in the crevices of your ear or what? It just talks about spinning them around.

I will still give these headphones 5 stars as compared to the competition they seem to be vastly superior and a good price.

I have only had these headphones for a couple of days so my opinion might change as time goes on.

Anker® 2nd Gen Astro3 12800mAh 3-Port (4A Output) Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus and More (Black)
Anker® 2nd Gen Astro3 12800mAh 3-Port (4A Output) Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Just got this - very pleased, 9 Sept. 2013
Was waiting to buy this product after seeing good reviews. I can see that those reviews were not wrong. The product is heavy but at 12000mah it is a beast! It came almost fully charged so put it straight to use. Using the smart usb port I charged my nexus 4 phone and it charged very quickly. Shaking the unit to see battery charge is good, as is the slow flashing of the unit to indicate that it is charging something. Not tried charging my tablet yet but I doubt I will have much problems.

It is a reasonable size, not massive but not small either. The carrying pouch is basic but functional. The usb to micro usb cable supplied is quite short but I like the included microusb to apple 30pin supplied adapter as that is tiny.

For the price I think it is a fantastic product. I paid pretty much the same for a 5000mah battery last year and that lasted less than a year. Hopefully this one will last longer.

Poetic Borderline Bumper case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone E960 LG Black/Gray(3 Year Warranty from Poetic)
Offered by Smart Shop Online

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 13 Jan. 2013
good bumper, pleased with it. This prevents the glass from touching the surface when you put it down. Buttons work well. Really pleased.

LSA Coro Highball Glasses - Berry
LSA Coro Highball Glasses - Berry

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, but the glass is thin, 11 Jan. 2013
I like the glasses, however was surprised that the glass itself was so thin! It feels like it could be plastic it is that thin but I have had no issues with that so far. I was just expecting something a bit more substantial for the price.

SPIGEN SGP Screen Protector Steinheil Dual Series for Nexus 4 Dual Ultimate Clarity

3.0 out of 5 stars best screen protector i have used but still not amazing, 11 Jan. 2013
Reading online reviews I decided to go for this ultimate clarity screen protector. Receiving the product I was actually impressed you got an application card, dust removal stickers and a dust cloth.

It took me about 20 minutes to apply the sticker to the front, as each time i went to stick it down i saw more bubbles caused by dust. This is where the stickers came in handy as you used them to get them off the underside. I was impressed that I was able to get the front and back protectors on without a single bubble in sight.

I have noticed no discernible screen diminishing which is why I went for this one, however the downside is that the fingerprints are very noticeable on the screen, more-so than without a screen protector. i am constantly cleaning the screen hence why I gave it a 3 star review.

As my nexus 4 had a tiny scratch on the front and a couple of scratches on the back after a couple of weeks of careful looking after, I will be leaving these protectors on as they are probably the best protectors I have seen, but that is not saying much!

Page: 1 | 2