ARRAY(0xabe88f30)

Profile for Shazad Yousaf > Reviews

Content by Shazad Yousaf

Shazad Yousaf

BLACK, 1.2m iPhone 3.5mm Audio and USB Dock Cable, AUX, Charge and play In-car music through Car Stereo at the same time, Use at home, portable, or car stereo to listen to high quality line-out audio, USB 3.5mm In-Car AUX Audio/Charger Cable For Apple iPod / iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS, 4G / iPad 1 / iPad 2 (Part of the GoGadgets® Range)
Offered by AVA Group UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Pay peanuts, and get a poor quality cable..., 10 April 2012
Occasionally, you can buy something thats quite cheap, and be amazed at how good it is for the money you pay. Well, sadly this is not one of those occasions. The cable itself is of quite a rigid plastic so doesn't sit or flex where you want it to. If its a hot day, it will become limp like a noodle, and if its cold, it'll go stiff.

As for the functionality of it - well it worked for almost 2 weeks. Then it decided it didn't want to play the right channel audio anymore and only gave me the left channel. It was kind enough to replace the right channel audio with some nice crackling nosies occasionally though, that's kind of nice if you like that sort of thing...

The USB connector did allow for charging, though every now and then my ipod stopped seeing the cable being attached i.e. it no longer gave any audio out of the line out (3.5mm jack part of the cable) and stopped playing as if it had been disconnected - though it still continued to charge it?? That's clever I suppose, even if i'm not listening to music, it was cosiderate enough to keep it charged for me...

Anyway, not to labour a point too much, i go back to my title - if you pay peanuts, you will get a poor quality cable. My advice? Pay a bit more for something a little better. How much more? Well, how much do you listen to music/videos?

IEE On-site Guide; BS 7671 : 2008 IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition
IEE On-site Guide; BS 7671 : 2008 IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition
by The Institution of Engineering and Techn
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic referencing guide, 19 Oct 2009
I really like this book. I find it very easy to understand and follow and it deals with the majority of situations you would find 'on-site'. It has plenty of reference tables as well as formulae to work out what you would need in almost any installation. I have a basic understanding of electrical wiring in a domestic situation - i.e. I can quite happily rewire a house, but have little commercial or industrial knowledge; however, this book is still easy to follow and understand even for me. The terminology is also easy to understand unlike some other books, and talks in a realistic and practical way. A must have for anyone wanting to be an electrician. This is also recommended when studying the City & Guilds Electrotechnical course - and perhaps others) which I have just started. So money well spent.

17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations: Inspection, Testing and Certification (IEE Wiring Regulations, 17th edition)
by Brian Scaddan IEng; MIIE (elec)

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT light reading..., 19 Oct 2009
I bought this book to help me with my City & Guilds Electrical course and I must say is not the most easiest of books to read or understand. I found the terminology slightly different from other books (which are referenced in my course - namely the 'On-Site Guide'). My course tutor also finds this book rather annoying as it's not that easy to follow unless you have a good understanding of all the priciples concerned. Yes, I know the book is entitled 'Inspection, Testing & Certification' which would assume that you do know a reasonable amount of electrical theory and principles however, for someone like me who is still at the learning stages, I would not recommend this book just yet. Perhaps later on in the course it may be better understood. Slightly.