Profile for OperaNut1972 > Reviews

Content by OperaNut1972

OperaNut1972 "Busy father of two boys, we all love reading, but sometimes enjoy being read too. I enjoy crime, spy, military fiction and thrillers." (Sheffield)

Page: 1 | 2
FRiEQ Lightweight & Durable Dry Bag Backpack for Outdoor Activities - Waterproof Bag Guaranteed - Perfect for Boating / Kayaking / Fishing / Rafting / Swimming / Floating / Camping - Protects Phones / Camera / Clothes / Documents from Water, Sand, Dust and Dirt - 20L (Yellow)
Offered by T.M. Enterprise

Caballero Coconut Beard Oil - For a thicker, softer and fuller beard! - The Bearded Gent (10ml)
Offered by Thebeardedgent

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't get better than that for none Prime delivery, 24 Nov. 2015
Ordered it on Sunday as I'd run out. Delivered on Tuesday, you can't get better than that for none Prime delivery. The Oil smells great and really makes my beard soft and easy to deal with. Highly recommend both the product and the seller.

Tune a Day for Trumpet or Cornet: Book 1
Tune a Day for Trumpet or Cornet: Book 1
by C Paul Herfurth

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the doctor ordered. I've learnt more from ..., 11 Oct. 2015
Just what the doctor ordered. I've learnt more from this book in the three weeks it's arrived than two months of YouTube.

Township
Township

5.0 out of 5 stars fun if hackneyed, 23 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Township (App)
A fun way to waste time even though the genre is hackneyed by now

Sniper One: The Blistering True Story of a British Battle Group Under Siege
Sniper One: The Blistering True Story of a British Battle Group Under Siege

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping Storyline, 23 Nov. 2014
An epic tale of British soldiering. Told with humour and not flinching from telling us how the author and his platoon managed under difficult circumstances. Well worth a read if you want an insight into the. British Tom.

Attack State Red
Attack State Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping Read, 11 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Attack State Red (Kindle Edition)
Had me gripped from the start, held me attention and manages to convey the stress and tensions involved in close quarter contact. Good read.

Going Commando (Bootneck Threesome Book 1)
Going Commando (Bootneck Threesome Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Yarn, 25 Sept. 2014
Good yarn, sincerely written with self depreciating humour. Well worth a read. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2014 6:22 PM BST

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments Book 1)
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Jolly Good Read, 11 Aug. 2014
If you're a fantasy fan, then this is a book that you can't go wrong with. Although I felt it was a bit slow to start with, the pace picked up to a good heart thumping crescendo.

Assassin's Quest (The Farseer Trilogy, Book 3)
Assassin's Quest (The Farseer Trilogy, Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absorbing, 2 Aug. 2014
I loved the three books of the Farseer Assasin stories. The last one is by far the longest, but tells most of the story, the first two, too me, only give background filler to all the main characters. if you like fantasy, then this series is well written and worth the effort to read. And that's that best rating I could give a.book!

Divergent Series (Books 1-3) Plus Free Four, The Transfer and World of Divergent

5.0 out of 5 stars I was surprised at how good it was!, 1 Jun. 2014
Considering I view the film as neither here or there, I was really surprised at how well the three books were written. I know you should never judge a book by the film, but it's not that easy. I found myself reading all three of the books over the space of the weekend. To those who know me, this would tell them how much I really enjoyed them.

I read these to check suitability for my children and found that it is well suited to the age range 10+. Whilst it deals with adult themes, I feel it does so in a reasonable and measured way. Death, loss and conflict resolution are all topics that in my eyes are best explorer together. So I will be assessing understanding and how they feel about to topics as they occur.

All in all, a really good tread for children of ALL ages.

Page: 1 | 2