Profile for mr legoface > Reviews

mr legoface

BIC For Her Medium Ballpoint Pen (Box of 12) - Black
BIC For Her Medium Ballpoint Pen (Box of 12) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Also ideal for homosexuals, 14 July 2013
Being a gay man as I am, I am essentially a woman in a man's body. I have never felt comfortable using the heteronormative stationery that Bic, until now, has produced; I found it all far too macho and intimidating and, ultimately, unsuitable for my delicate, lady-like hands to manipulate effectively.

ENTER BIC 'FOR HER' PENS.

What a difference these have made to my life!!

They come in all my favourite colours (pink, purple etc) which is ideal, as they match my drag outfits. I need no longer feel intimidated by the overtly masculine blues and blacks of yester-pen. The shape of the pens themselves is wonderful as it reminds me of penises, which I adore; incidentally they are a perfect prop for making phallic innuendo which, being a gay man who is also highly homosexual, constitutes approximately 90% of my social dialogue.

They're also useful for actually writing things too; invoices to clients of my interior design business, fan letters to Barbara Streisand, Cher and Liza Minelli, letters to my family (particularly my incredibly masculine father who is a builder/huntsman) in which I apologise for choosing the homosexual lifestyle and beg for their forgiveness one day.

All in all this is a wonderful product. Highly recommended.

THANK YOU BIC.

The Glassblower's Daughter
The Glassblower's Daughter
by Frances Clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars A fresh and enthralling adventure, 2 Feb 2013
I loved this book, I finished it within a week and a bit - I looked forward to my commute as I couldn't wait to carry on reading it!

I thought the writing was fresh - at times very poetic and evocative and at others very familiar and colloquial. It made everything feel immediate. I loved the way the author painted the scenery, in particular the meticulous way the fashion of the 60s and 70s was described.

I found myself rooting for the main character, Greta, and felt a real fondness for the other characters in the story, whom the author portrays affectionately. I particularly liked Rhonda and Sue, Greta's colleagues when she works as a waitress.

The book deals with some disturbing themes, and some really quite harrowing things happen to Greta. BUT, the writing is never gratuitous - indeed, we only need a little bit of description to know what's going on and that is enough - and the story focuses on Greta's determination to free herself from her past demons. I loved Greta - I loved her ingenuity, resourcefulness, intelligence and humour. She is also terribly vulnerable and I admired her courage, and really wanted her to WIN.

I felt a real sense of excitement reading this. And although some of the themes are upsetting, it is overall a very positive and uplifting book.

Farewell My Lovely
Farewell My Lovely
by Polly Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars Quietly and understatedly brilliant poetry - a must read!, 18 Aug 2012
This review is from: Farewell My Lovely (Paperback)
I absolutely love Polly Clark's poetry; her work has a conversational and familiar tone and, though her writing seems effortless and simple, it is evocative, devastating, brutal and beautiful. Quite a number of her poems bring me to tears reading them!