Profile for Joe Leadbeater > Reviews

Battery In France. 178 Siege Battery R.G.A. 1916-1918
by J. J. Webber
Price: 9.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 April 2014
I bought this on a recommendation that it mirrors the experiences of the 57th Siege battery to which my wife's grandfather belonged.
He survived when so many others did not. Wish I could have read it while he was still alive. It really painted a picture of what he and his comrades went through.

Fruit of the Loom Mens Setin Sweatshirt Jumper Heather XL
Fruit of the Loom Mens Setin Sweatshirt Jumper Heather XL
Offered by 24hourtshirt
Price: 7.81

4.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 9 April 2014
I wear this often and it is doing a good job. Marks easily but is grey so no surprise there. Well pleased

G136-AC-E - Hanes Polo T-shirt for Men - Top Polo Long Sleeve Comfort Fit 100% Cotton
Offered by Lingerielle
Price: 11.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for cool days, 9 April 2014
This was a goodish buy. I was looking for a long-sleeved polo for golf and it was among the most likely

Savile Row Mens Teal Blue Cotton Jersey Rugby Shirt Size Large
Savile Row Mens Teal Blue Cotton Jersey Rugby Shirt Size Large

3.0 out of 5 stars Odd colour, 9 April 2014
Not over excited with this buy. Weird colour and odd styling. Guess it didn't sell well. Would not have bought had I seen it.

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy)
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy)
by Stieg Larsson
Price: 6.88

5.0 out of 5 stars The girl with the dragon tattoo, 13 Mar 2011
My daughter had the second and third of this trilogy and, as always, I wanted to read them in order. So I bought the first. Despite the fact that it was written in Swedish and therefore a translation and based on Sweden and therefore littered with Swedish names, not immediately familiar to most English readers, it was a rivetting read from start to finish. The plot kept moving and weaving throughout, the characters were relatively easy to keep track of and the technical elements were an additional modern quirk; think Bernie Madoff. I can't wait to read the second.

Stickmaking Handbook: Revised Edition
Stickmaking Handbook: Revised Edition
by Andrew Jones
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Walking sticks, 11 Oct 2010
Having wasted an hour or so looking for a book on walking sticks in the major booksellers, where there were none, I resorted to Amazon and found several in ten seconds flat. Lesson learned. This is an excellent book,inexpensive, well illustrated, informative and perfect for the enthusiastic beginner. Having now bought the necessary tools; listed and described in the book, I have made a start with the easier suggestions. I need to stumble over some discarded deer horns for the next step. I can't wait.