Profile for Goldschopf > Reviews

Content by Goldschopf

Goldschopf

The Importance of Being Earnest and Other Plays: Lady Windermere's Fan; Salome; A Woman of No Importance; An Ideal Husband; The Importance of Being Earnest (Oxford World's Classics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 3 Jan 2014
Everyone should read this book! The Importance of Being Earnest is the most cleverly written and wittiest literary work I have ever read! Oscar Wilde's plays are simply brilliant!

It Would be Wrong to Steal My Sister's Boyfriend (Wouldn't It?):  A Wicked Romance
It Would be Wrong to Steal My Sister's Boyfriend (Wouldn't It?): A Wicked Romance

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 3 Jan 2014
This is a light and easy read, I used to read it on my way to University on the tube every morning, but it is well-written and witty and you can easily symphatise with the main protagonist and often find yourself in her thoughts and Feelings. I can recommend it.

Daddy-Long-Legs
Daddy-Long-Legs

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I know., 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Daddy-Long-Legs (Kindle Edition)
My Mum used to read this book to me when I was a child and I loved it so much! When I grew up I read it myself and I am still amazed by this story. You can't read it often enough. It is such a positive, cheerful and still very meaningful book.

Wuthering Heights
Wuthering Heights

5.0 out of 5 stars A novel to enjoy!, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Wuthering Heights (Kindle Edition)
I was not sure if I'd like this novel but I must admit I loved it! I couldn't put it down! You feel like you are actually living the emotions of the protagonists! I am very impressed with her writing skills, not many writers can convey so much meaning and emotions in their expressions but this novel is so touching I'm very glad I read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fabulous!!, 3 Jan 2014
I must admit I used to be very sceptical about e-Readers in general before I got this kindle. I love traditional books and I thought it must be weird to read them on a screen.

But as I study English and German Literature, I finally gave in and ordered myself the new Kindle Paperwhite, simply because I have to read a lot for University purposes and it is a lot cheaper to buy all these books for Kindle and also I just moved to the UK from Germany and didn't have enough space for that many books.

Now that I got it, I find it absolutely awesome! So many books at hand and you get them within a few seconds with a one-click purchase. It is so practical and the built-in dictionary makes it so much easier to read especially classics where there are lots of old words. The books for Kindle are a lot cheaper than actual books and many classics are even free.

You can highlight words or passages that you find important and you can even attach your own comments.

The Kindle is so light you can hold it with one hand and the Touchscreen makes it easy to turn the page.

I still buy books of course, especially when I really like a book or when I need to flip through it often for an assignment, but the Kindle is still a good Thing to have I can take it with me no matter where I go and decide what to read as I have so many books on it with me - it is very practical to read in the tube, and I like that you don't need any light so you can also read it before you go to sleep without having any other lights on.

I would definitely recommend it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2014 12:22 PM BST