Profile for Dickie > Reviews

Dickie

The Greatest Gardening Tips in the World
The Greatest Gardening Tips in the World

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining Book, 20 Nov 2012
We attended a number of lectures by Steve Brooks earlier this year and found him both informative as well as very entertaining. The lectures were based on the content of the book. We bought a copy for ourselves as well as others to give as presents. If you are a passionate gardener, particularly a canny one, this book is a must.

Quiksilver Messenger Bag, black  black, KGMBA271
Quiksilver Messenger Bag, black black, KGMBA271

5.0 out of 5 stars Shoulder Bag, 21 Sep 2011
Good satchel type bag, robust and at a reasonable price. I use it for carrying my books and writing materials for my German classes. If only my lanquage ability was of the same quality!!!

Gerber  Diamond Knife Sharpener
Gerber Diamond Knife Sharpener
Offered by Five Star
Price: 11.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharpest Tool in the Box, 21 Sep 2011
It may be small but I use it to sharpen all my garden tools ie secateurs, loppers, shears, pruning knife and lawn mower blade - all with excellent results. I have had one for a number of years and I bought this as a present for a gardening friend.

The Chambers Dictionary
The Chambers Dictionary
by Chambers

5.0 out of 5 stars Dictionary Corner, 15 May 2011
In my opinion the most concise and best standard dictionary. This was bought as a birthday present for a relative and she was delighted with it. It arrived on time and in perfect order

A Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms (Oxford Paperback Reference)
A Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms (Oxford Paperback Reference)
by Alan Spooner

5.0 out of 5 stars Cryptic Crosswords, 15 May 2011
This is an excellent book for aiding in solving cryptic crosswords. We have an old copy that was falling apart and have struggled to find a replacement in the shops. This one was delivered on time in perfect condition

The Last Valley: Dien Bien Phu and the French Defeat in Vietnam (Cassell Military Paperbacks)
by Martin Windrow
Price: 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Lost Cause, 13 Mar 2011
Great book about the first of the major post-WW2 colonial wars. The French never stood a chance against the Chinese/Russian backed Viet Minh forces and the Americans should have learnt from this before they started their own war 10 years later. The book is a slow read at start until you get used to the names and geography and it requires constant referral to the excellent maps and references notes.

Basic German Grammar
Basic German Grammar
by John Clapham

4.0 out of 5 stars German Grammar, 7 Nov 2010
This review is from: Basic German Grammar (Paperback)
I was recommended this book by my German teacher. Although quite an old book, it provides an excellent grounding in basic German grammar.