Profile for C. ANTJOULE > Reviews

Content by C. ANTJOULE

C. ANTJOULE (Sussex, UK)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13
Office for Mac Home and Student Edition 2011 (1 User, 1Mac)
Office for Mac Home and Student Edition 2011 (1 User, 1Mac)
Offered by FS Software

5.0 out of 5 stars Office for Mac 2011, Home and Student Edition (1 User, 1Mac), 28 Jan 2012
I had an older version of Office and when I updated my OS from Snow Leopard to Lion found that I couldn't use the older version of Office.

Although very annoying and in my opinion, wasteful, and at the time I assumed expensive I was delighted that I was able to get up and running painlessly and without too much expense.

A good solution.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Time of Gifts: On Foot to Constantinople - From the Hook of Holland to the Middle Danube, 24 Jan 2012
Although I've just bought my kindle copy of "A Time Of Gifts", because I have a much enjoyed hardback copy which over the years I've enjoyed dipping-into, I really didn't need to think about it.

I originally bought the Patrick Leigh Fermor book after reading a review in The Times and I found it very attractive, so I bought a copy. Set in the late 1930's leading up to the Second World War, Fermor sets off across Europe and has a wonderful adventure, the only black spot being when he has his bag pinched and looses his Passport. Over the years I've been fortunate enough to have visited some of the places he travels through in the book. In particular one summer I was studying in Heidlberg and visited the Red Ox which I suspect hadn't changed much in the seventy years since he passed that way himself.

A wonderful, beautifully written travel blog of its day.

My Family and Other Animals
My Family and Other Animals

5.0 out of 5 stars My Family and Other Animals, 23 Jan 2012
My original introduction to "My Family and Other Animals" was when the BBC production was aired in the eighties. Many years later my wife bought me the hardback edition from Jersey Zoo and with great pleasure I've periodically read and re-read the book ever since.

Now that I have a Kindle I decided that it was time to buy a kindle copy.

If you have read the book before, then I'm certain that reading it again on Kindle will be a pleasure, if you're considering dipping into this wonderful, delightful story of an eccentric English family on a Greek island in the nineteen thirties for the first time, I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

Nokia 6230i - SILVER Replacement Cover/Fascia
Nokia 6230i - SILVER Replacement Cover/Fascia

4.0 out of 5 stars Nokia 6230i - SILVER Replacement Cover/Fascia, 22 Jan 2012
When I bought my Nokia 6230i new, to protect it I paid ten pounds for a two part transparent plastic case. Since that time its done a great job and the phone looks like new. After several years the fixings for the case are kaput so I bought this replacement Cover for a replacement when the time comes.

Value for money is great and the quality of materials is just fine, the only criticism I have is that the front cover isn't branded. Does it matter?

High Capacity Replacement Battery BL-5C For N70 6230 6230i E60 6630 N91
High Capacity Replacement Battery BL-5C For N70 6230 6230i E60 6630 N91
Offered by TheSlickZone UK (Ships From USA)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nokia BL-5C Replacement Battery for Nokia 6320i, 20 Jan 2012
Delivered quickly, within a few days by post.

Before ordering I read several reviews, some were complementary and some were the opposite. On balance I bought because I considered for the money it was worth a punt.

I've only just got the battery in the post so it's a bit early to be commenting, so for immediate impressions let me say this, the battery arrived protected and in good order. It appears to be new and not used and has Nokia branding. Suprisingly it appears to have a good charge so I swapped-out my original battery and will judge how long it lasts before doing a recharge.

After a long charge I can definitely report that the battery holds the charge very well and for under four pounds what more can be expected.

PS. September 2012...I can report that the battery I bought definitely is excellent and is great value for money.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Aspro Clear Soluble Aspirin 30 Tablets, 16 Jan 2012
From time-to-time I need something for a painful back or a cold or just a headache.

For some reason pharmacies mostly don't sell Aspro Clear or if you ask for it, you're given the third degree, but the general attitude is one of disapproval. Waitrose until recently sold this product off-the-shelf in the supermarket, this for the moment seems to have stopped. I use Aspro Clear because when I do use it, it works extremely quickly, so buying it online is a painless method of purchasing a product that is useful to me.

Zeon Coin Sorter
Zeon Coin Sorter
Offered by Jac in a box

5.0 out of 5 stars Zeon Coin Sorter, 16 Jan 2012
This review is from: Zeon Coin Sorter (Kitchen & Home)
What can I say! Yes it's a bit left field - buying a coin sorter...but if your anything like me I really habitually like to empty my pockets of change when I get ready for bed.

I've never had anything like this before and I can definitely say it works well, if I've got any criticism of the product then it would be that I would have preferred that it took more coins.

Good quality and reasonably priced, which included deliver.

Duracell Capless 32GB USB Memory Drive
Duracell Capless 32GB USB Memory Drive
Offered by MyMemory

5.0 out of 5 stars Duracell 32GB Retractable Capless High Speed USB Flash Pen Drive, 18 Nov 2011
EXCELLENT Arrived next day and proved to be first class.

I was a little concerned reading reviews that talked about a blue and white product turning-up. I can assure you that a Duracell 32 GB Flash Drive turned-up and I took it straight out of the packaging and used it. I can assure you that it was fast and worked faultlessly with my iMac and is compact.

Dare I say buy with confidence.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2011 11:42 PM GMT

The Twelve Caesars (Illustrated, Annotated)
The Twelve Caesars (Illustrated, Annotated)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Twelve Caesars, 26 Oct 2011
Excellent and gratis, say no more. If you are interest in the history of the Roman Empire and the early Caesars then this really is a good starting point.

TeckNet® NEW Kindle 4 Premium Folio Case / Cover With Magnetic Clasp For NEW Amazon Kindle 4 / 6 inch / 2011 generation / Book Style - Includes Kindle Rear Protector - Brown
Offered by TECKNET

5.0 out of 5 stars TeckNet NEW Kindle Leather Case /, 26 Oct 2011
I've changed my mind on this product.

For the money it's really great value, it looks good and for well under a tenner it really can't be faulted. If there is anything to moan about it's that the excellent magnetic clasp is on the wrong surface so when you open it your Kindle is upside down. Should I be seeing it from a different angle?

On balance I've still given five stars because in spite of the design fault this product looks good and protects the Kindle very well. Perhaps TeckNet will modify the product, if they do I'll certainly buy another.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13