ARRAY(0xaeb31018)

Profile for blues_anorak > Reviews

Content by blues_anorak

blues_anorak "blues_anorak" (Hants United Kingdom)

Skytronic 101.306 Headphone
Skytronic 101.306 Headphone
Offered by DJ2GO LIMITED
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job for me!, 10 Mar 2011
Good price and very comfortable to wear - I have worn them on occasions for 4 hours plus with no discomfort. I use them for both TV and Hi-Fi (pop, classical etc.) listening and I consider the quality of the sound to be excellent. Just the job for me!

3.5mm Stereo Jack to Socket Headphone Extension Cable Lead 3m
3.5mm Stereo Jack to Socket Headphone Extension Cable Lead 3m
Offered by Goldcables
Price: 1.67

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap rubbish!!, 21 Feb 2011
Connection was too tight, with the result that I hade to force it and subsequently broke the connecting pin mechanism. So has cost me dear! Don't take the chance - buy a more expensive extension cable instead.

Sings the Blues
Sings the Blues
Price: 7.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Unmissable!!, 18 Mar 2005
This review is from: Sings the Blues (Audio CD)
I can only endorse Lawrence Upton's splendid review - this album is unmissable for anyone purporting to be a blues 'addict'!! Personally I prefer this stuff to the Chess sides which were a bit too polished production-wise for my liking and lacking the rawness and sheer spontaneity of this music making by Wolf and his superb band. Does anyone know what happened to his superb guitarist Willie Johnson? He doesn't seem to have recorded much after this.

King of the Delta Blues Singers Vol. II
King of the Delta Blues Singers Vol. II

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing remastered sound!!, 24 Jan 2005
I am really pleased that this second volume has come out at last, as I remember getting both volumes when they came out first time round as LPs with their great artwork, which has been faithfully reproduced. But what has really amazed me is the quality of the remastered sound, even better than that on the first volume which was very good. Every nuance of Johnson's voice and guitar work has been reproduced, so you really feel you are there in that San Antonio hotel room. Included on both volumes are alternative versions of songs which are fascinating to hear, as they are quite different in parts and (to me) show that Johnson was very prone to improvise, which is contrary to the view expressed in the sleeve notes.

Good Morning, Little Schoolgirl
Good Morning, Little Schoolgirl
Price: 5.56

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Sonny Boy!!, 12 Jan 2005
Great music here, which can't be faulted. However, anyone with the slightest interest in the blues will be put off buying this CD by the fact that Sonny Boy Williamson II (Rice Miller) is incorrectly pictured on the cover, instead of the original Sonny Boy who performs the songs on this CD!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2011 11:23 PM BST