Profile for Stella > Reviews

Igenix Frost Watch Convector Heater, 500 Watt, White
Igenix Frost Watch Convector Heater, 500 Watt, White

4.0 out of 5 stars It's nice and compact and easy to operate..., 27 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I won't lie, this as a proper faff to get up on the wall. Had a spot all picked out for it in the garage but it was nowhere near a socket so had to re-think it all. It doesn't help that the garage is constructed of breeze-blocks but we finally managed to mount the heater onto some hardwood and then mount that onto the wall with a ton of rawl plugs.

It's never going to get the garage hot enough to go about in just a vest in this weather but it's enough to take some of the chill off when working on the car. Heat does tend to rise so down on the floor under the car is still pretty Baltic so I'm not sure how much mileage we're going to get from the heater in a really cold snap.

It's not terrible though, it gives off about as much heat as the halogen heater we've usually got in there, although it's probably a bit more expensive to run than the halogen, and it's better on the wall up out of the way where it's not getting tripped over every five minutes.

It's nice and compact and easy to operate but would probably be more suited to indoor use in a small-ish room. It would be perfect in our caravan but wall space is at a premium. Might still try finding somewhere for it to go in the 'van as it could do with something better than the paraffin thing we usually trot out.

Finish Quantum Original 2 x Pack of 30 (60 Dishwasher Tablets)
Finish Quantum Original 2 x Pack of 30 (60 Dishwasher Tablets)

5.0 out of 5 stars There's no need to buy separate dishwasher salt and rinse aid..., 23 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used Finish tabs for years now and even though I've strayed away from time to time (to see if there is better and/or cheaper out there) I always come running back. They're maybe not the cheapest but I've found they actually save money in the long run because there's no need to buy separate dishwasher salt and rinse aid.

These ones though, I've never tried before now. Had a bit of a false start with them as they left quite a bit of 'goo' in the tray. I've got my washer on more than once a day though and it's set to economy wash rather than the full deal and I think that might be the problem. Maybe it doesn't get hot enough to melt them? Or they're not in the water long enough? I've since run the machine on normal settings and everything (including the tray) was spotless so maybe it was a fluke.

The results, as always with Finish tabs, was brilliant so I've got no gripes on that score but they do seem expensive compared to other tabs in the Finish range. They clean well but for the amount I get through I can't justify the costs when the other ranges are more than adequate (and cost less and last longer).

I like them and they work well, but they're probably better suited to someone who doesn't have their machine on multiple times a day...

Can't fault the performance though.

Finish All in One Max Original Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)
Finish All in One Max Original Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)

5.0 out of 5 stars Faultless performance..., 23 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Can't fault the performance and there's none of that gunky mess that the cheaper brands tend to leave either. Brilliant results and buying in bulk is an economic way to keep costs down. This amount will last me just over two months and everything I need is in the little tab so no additional expense.

Recommended!

ZVE® Full-body Protection Genuine Leather Phone Case Cover for Apple iPhone 6 4.7 inch with Wallet Credit Card ID Holders (iPhone6 4.7", Brown)
Offered by cvlife-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd have liked a choice of colour but all in all I really like it..., 20 Jan. 2015
I don't have my iPhone in this, I've been using it for my generic 5' phone and it fits no problem. Very nice soft leather in a coffee colour (although there's no stamped or embossed 'real leather' on it anywhere that I can find). Brown isn't really my colour so I'd have liked it in a different shade but it's growing on me.

It's a very nice combined wallet/phone case and there are plenty of slots for credit cards etc and a section for paper money too. I don't like to carry my cash and phone in the same case but I've got my store loyalty cards and bingo membership in there and the section meant for notes I use for keeping receipts etc. It's all very handy.

Seems very well made and I really like that it has the little magnets in the corners to keep it shut. I hate phone covers that flap about and open all the time by themselves, I like it all to feel secure and this one covers that. It's easy to get your phone out of the pocket thanks to the little elasticated loop that pulls out from the back and unlike some I've tested this strap actually goes back into the slot again by itself, without having to poke about at it.

It's not the type of cover that you can use your phone while it's still inside though so there's no hole for the camera lens.
I'd have liked a choice of colour but all in all I really like it.

*Note - I was kindly sent this complementary product direct from the supplier*

PLEMO Classic Blue Automatic Folding Travel Umbrella (46 in / 117 cm Diameter)
PLEMO Classic Blue Automatic Folding Travel Umbrella (46 in / 117 cm Diameter)
Offered by Avantek UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I've fully tested it out in the gales and rain we get here..., 20 Jan. 2015
Although this is a telescopic style umbrella it's quite a bit bigger than I'm used to, but I like that. Unless you use a tote style bag you probably won't fit this one in your handbag but being on the large size means it's not so easy to lay down and forget it's there either.

Seems very well made and sturdy when it's in use. I've fully tested it out in the gales and rain we get here in the blowy North and it seems able to cope with whatever weather is thrown at it. It's a one-click operation to get up and very easy to get down again too. I like the checks design and it's quite understated (in a less is more kind of way) without being too plain and in use it's roomy enough for a couple of people side by side.

I like it. Appears very sturdy in use so far and I'm happy to recommend it.

*Note - I was sent this complementary product direct from the supplier*

Kenley Pet Cat Dog Electric Heated Bed Pad - Waterproof Anti-biting Cover - 50cm x 40cm
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer

4.0 out of 5 stars Realistically nothing much larger than adult cat size is going to get much from this..., 20 Jan. 2015
I'll start by saying that although this is marked as being suitable for cats and dogs it's probably more suited to cats as it's quite small. If you've got a Chihuahua or a Yorkie or other such small breed then it's likely going to be ok but realistically nothing much larger than adult cat size is going to get much from this. Our German Shepherd is most put out about it all.

Our elderly cat is very small though so she's loving it. She was the runt of the litter and had a poor start in life and hasn't really grown much beyond kitten size in the 16 years we've had her. She can really stretch out on this and seems to find it very comfy.

There were no instructions or guidelines in with this so we're a bit unsure of whether we're supposed to use a blanket or something over the top of it or if that will make it heat up more than it should (or less). An electrical item like this really should come with some sort of safety guidelines at the very least.

I don't really know what makes this an 'anti-biting' cover, as far as I can see it's just a velour type covering, unless they mean the cable is anti-bite. That does have a rigid covering but only for a short length of it. It could do with being a bit longer and cover the whole cable. Our pets don't chew so it's not much of a problem but I definitely wouldn't leave it on unattended if I had any such animals.

It heats up gently and only really gets warm where she lies on it and the heating element appears to be concentrated mostly in the center. Seems to be nice and toasty for her in the evenings when the temperatures drop a bit. Even though it's a gentle heat she comes out of her bed from time to time to stretch out in the middle of the floor to cool down a bit (I imagine). Can't be too bad though because she's never away from it for long.

It's a nice item (if my cat's reaction to it is to be believed) but it really should come with some form or guidelines and/or suitable usage instructions.

*Note - I was sent this complementary product direct from the supplier*

Kenley Bike Bicycle Multifunctional Maintenance Repair Tool Set Kit with Bottle Holder Rack

4.0 out of 5 stars great set at a great price..., 20 Jan. 2015
What a brilliant idea for a bike toolkit! We all cycle in this house and little kits in our saddle bags but there's never enough tools in them to be really useful and our bigger kits are just too bulky to realistically tote around with us all the time. This covers both of those shortfalls and I think it's great. Plenty useful tools and ingeniously shaped like a bottle so it can be fitted onto the frame without taking up too much room. We've got hydration packs so don't use our bottle holders anyway so this will work out well for us.

If it had come with a chain splitter and the pump had been suitable for both valve types then this would be a five star product but even as it stands it's still a great set at a great price.

*Note - I was sent this complementary product direct from the supplier*

Lavolta Urban Pattern Laptop Sleeve Case Bag for 13 inch Apple MacBook Pro/Air - Crystal Iceberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems quite durable..., 20 Jan. 2015
It's a nice sleeve. It did smell a bit funky when first out of the wrapper but that's probably to do with the manufacturing processes and/or materials because it soon went after airing it out for a bit.

I like neoprene sleeves for all my tablets and my laptop, I even have one each for my Wacom bamboo drawing tablets. This is a nice Urban design one and although the actual printing on it isn't as bright as in the product photo, it's still quite nice. Seems very well made and the stitching looks nice and tight. I like that the zip runs around the top and the side as it's easier to get into and out of and makes access easier. It's nice and roomy and because the case isn't rigid there's still enough room for paperwork, notebooks etc. in there with my laptop too.

Nice to look at and seems quite durable. I like it.

*Note - I was sent this complementary product direct from the supplier for review*

Vitamin C Serum For Face 20% - With Hyaluronic Acid, Ferulic Acid, Rosehip Oil, Seabuckthorn Oil, Plant Stem Cells, Vitamin E & More - Great For Anti-Aging & Anti-Wrinkle Facial Regimen - Helps Diminish Appearance of Fine Lines, Wrinkles, Sun Spots, Age Spots, & Skin Discoloration
Offered by InstaNatural UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it so far..., 20 Jan. 2015
I wasn't sure what to expect with this product but was hopefully optimistic that it would perform well. Some of the other serums I've tried have been nice to use but they're considerably more expensive so my fingers were crossed that this wouldn't let me down.

The list of nutrients and ingredients are along the lines of what I would expect to see in a Vit C product, and the Hyaluronic Acid is nice to see on the list. I usually buy Hyaluronic Acid separately from Boots and it's not cheap so if this works long term I'll be saving even more money. 20% Vitamin is a fair amount so you might want to build up your use to make sure it's not too harsh for your skin type. I have very sensitive skin and I don't like to overload it with products no matter how beneficial so have only been using it every second day. I haven't been using it on my face though, I like to use vitamin C products on my neck area as that always seems to be an area I neglect and so far the results look promising. I'm not going to see overnight results but I'm happy with things so far.

Smells lovely too and the little dropper means you can control how much you use. I've found that two or three drops is enough once it's worked in all over. Rubs in nicely and has the added bonus of leaving my hands nice and soft too.

I like it so far but will continue to use and will amend this review if needed.

*Note - this complementary product was received directly from the supplier*

Leather Conditioner & Restorer - The Ultimate Leather Protector by Leather Nova
Leather Conditioner & Restorer - The Ultimate Leather Protector by Leather Nova
Offered by InstaNatural UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A once over with a damp sponge and rub a little restorer all over..., 20 Jan. 2015
I've been trying this out on everything I can find that's made of leather because the results are just brilliant. I first tried it on a black leather handbag that had been stuffed in the bottom of my wardrobe. It has seen better days and was looking decidedly ropey so I wasn't overly hopeful of restoring it back to something I'd want to be seen out and about with but this stuff did actually do the trick. I gave it a once over with a damp sponge and then rubbed a little of the restorer all over. I left it to soak in and then buffed it up and then repeated it all. Two coats and a swift buff up and the bag actually looks good enough to start using again. It was looking pretty dull and washed out before but now it's lovely and glossy again. I don't know if it's my imagination but it even has a faint 'new leather' smell to it too. The restorer doesn't really smell of much so maybe it's all in my head but it definitely smells newer than when I started out.

I've since tried it on steel toecap workboots, my terracotta leather suite, an old leather footstool/pouffe thing of indeterminate colour, my son's dark leather headboard and our mocha leather placemats, as well as several handbags, and all have come up in much better shape than when they started out.

I've still got plenty left in the bottle for when I find something else to bring back to life.

Nice product and even comes with it's own handy little sponge applicator.

*Note - I was sent this complementary product by the supplier*

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20