ARRAY(0xad52cd50)

Offered by Maplin_Webdeals
Price: 34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars These are brilliant..., 10 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love this headset. I think it's terrific value for money.
Considering it's a low to mid range headset the sound quality is brilliant. Granted it looks a bit flimsy on first inspection but don't let that put you off, the comfort and sound more than make up for that. Very comy to wear for longer periods and although they don't cut out 100% of outside noise they do come close. Nothing has been left to chance and it all just works perfectly when used in a gaming situation with the volume control within easy reach. Not just for gaming though, skyping comes to mind but I imagine there are plenty more applications where the need to talk and listen at the same time requires a headset like this and these prove you don't need to shell out a huge amount to get great sound. Even if you don't need the mic part the headphone function alone is great.

I'd recommend these as being well worth getting.

Tacwise Z1-140 Staple Gun. Staple Gun Tacker
Tacwise Z1-140 Staple Gun. Staple Gun Tacker
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant staple tacker..., 10 April 2014
I love this thing. It's lightweight but sturdy and has tackled every job I've thrown at it. MDF cat tree, underlay on wooden floorboards, no problem. Even worked well on dollhouse trim and wasn't too powerful to knock dents into the walls but strong enough to fix the little bits.

Very happy with this.

Tacwise Heavy Duty 140 Type Staples 8mm (2000)
Tacwise Heavy Duty 140 Type Staples 8mm (2000)
Price: 1.89

5.0 out of 5 stars They certainly are heavy duty..., 10 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used tacwise products in the past and am always impressed by them. These are no exception. I used them with a Metal Staple Tacker Z1-140 and after lots of usage there hasn't been a single staple jammed in the stapler nor a misfire or squint staple. They seem sturdy and and the 'heavy duty' claim seems accurate. They've coped well with repairing our cat tree, which is made of mdf and the covering takes a bit of punishment from an over enthusiastic cat on the scratching post. Sorted that out no problem.

The blurb says is a favourite of the flooring trade and I can see how that could be true, we stapled our way round a large bedroom when laying underlay and it took no time flat. It took longer to unroll the stuff than it did to staple it down. It was so easy and fast and I'm glad to have these in the toolbox now for any other little jobs around the house.

Slim Fast Meal Bar Chocolate Crunch 60g - Pack of 4
Slim Fast Meal Bar Chocolate Crunch 60g - Pack of 4
Price: 2.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite filling..., 10 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are maybe not the best tasting meal bars out there but they're palatable and do actually taste a little chocolatey. They're substantial and filling straight out of the packet but I put mine in the freezer for a little while before eating them, just to make it a little harder to get through so that they lasted a bit longer. Just long enough to fool me into thinking I'd eaten more than I had.

I'm not sure how well I'd cope with these as a meal replacement over the long haul but for a little bit of weight maintenance over a short term they do their job admirably.

The Troop
The Troop
by Nick Cutter
Price: 11.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Gives me the creeps..., 10 April 2014
This review is from: The Troop (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There's no doubt about it, this is scary. For me it was 'skin crawling and creepy' type of scary but it's there nonetheless. Very well written and doesn't pull it's punches. Horrifyingly plausible too.

I've noticed a lot of mentions of the similarities of this to an old tv show but since I haven't seen that show I thought the story was new and exciting.

It'll make your skin crawl and you might have to sleep with the light's on for a few nights but it's well worth a read. I don't read as much straight horror as I used to but this has piqued my interest in the genre again and I'm in the mood for more now.

Shotgun Lovesongs
Shotgun Lovesongs
by Nickolas Butler
Price: 8.82

3.0 out of 5 stars A solid story..., 10 April 2014
This review is from: Shotgun Lovesongs (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There's a great story here somewhere and it's very well told, I just wasn't drawn into it as much as I was hoping for. It definitely has a Nick Hornby style to it and will no doubt be popular with fans of 'small town, coming of age' stories.

Wisconsin as a backdrop was wonderful and I got a real feel for the setting. The characters were an interesting mix of friends and all thoroughly believable... It just didn't capture my interest.

I'm not sure why it didn't work for me, all the elements are there, it just didn't.

That Part Was True
That Part Was True
by Deborah McKinlay
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a lovely story..., 10 April 2014
This review is from: That Part Was True (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a wonderful, gentle romance. I loved it. As I was reading it flickered between a four and a five star and back to a four, but right at the end it jumped back to a five again. Lovely story.

A love story that blossoms via letters mostly but it's all the little side stories that make this charming. The letters skirt around issues and it's both heartwarming and frustrating to watch things play out, wanting things to go in one direction but have them take another path. The will they/won't they thing sometimes grates on my nerves when it's drawn out but here it was just charming. I think that has a lot to do with the characters though. They're not a couple of teens with all the angst that usually accompanies these things. Eve and Jack are middle aged and both feel a bit jaded, for different reasons, and forge a connection despite their differing lifestyles and the great distances between them.

It's so refreshing to have such a touching romance with an older couple at it's core. It's just a wonderful story and one I'd recommend.

This is the first I've heard of this author but I'll definitely be looking out for more. This lady can write.

Three Little Words: They Mean So Much
Three Little Words: They Mean So Much
by Jessica Thompson
Price: 3.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Held my interest..., 10 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I suppose this could be described as a layered plot and as I'm quite fond of them it this was a quick, enjoyable read. Each chapter is given over to one or other of the main characters and gradually over time all the little individual stories connect and become one.

I liked it, it's well plotted and well written...it's just missing something, for me. A couple of the plot devices seem contrived although all the interlocking stories are interesting, individually some are lacking. Sara and Tom's seemed the weakest. Their story was the one I found least entertaining and I didn't like either of them very much but the others were done well and made up for it.

Revellutions 1:18 Scale RC Wild Horns Monster Truck
Revellutions 1:18 Scale RC Wild Horns Monster Truck
Price: 41.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun to be had with this..., 8 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lot of fun to play with, for both adults and children. It didn't take long to master the controls which are like a joystick with a side wheel to steer but to begin with it's a bit like trying to pat your head and rub your tummy at the same time. Once we got the hang of it though we had it zipping about no problem.

It comes with a two prong plug (European? American?) but is supplied with a three prong adapter to make it suitable for UK sockets. I'm knocking a star off for that though as if you ever misplace the adapter you can't charge it up again until you either hunt to find it or buy a new one.

It doesn't take long to fully charge it and we got about an hours worth of running time from one charge. The instructions say to leave it to cool down before recharging so it's not going to give hours of activity all at once. There's a lot of distance to be covered in an hour though!

Seems a bit flimsy on first look but we've had a few crashes and it's still in one piece. No major smashes though so I'm not sure how it would fare in the hands of someone bent on destruction. Probably it wouldn't end well.

After trying it in the park several times and also giving it free reign in the garden we've found that it doesn't cope very well with grass more than an inch or so long and if the ground is uneven that just adds to the problem. It's not really an all terrain vehicle and is best suited to flat, paved surfaces. It 'will' work on grass etc but it seems to lose traction at low speeds. If you can find a clear run of pavement or road you'll be sprinting to keep up, it's VERY nippy on the straight!

In careful hands it will probably last a long time but bits of it are not very substantial and might suffer with less than careful drivers.

Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test with Conception Indicator - Single-Pack
Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test with Conception Indicator - Single-Pack
Price: 7.16

5.0 out of 5 stars I've trusted this brand for years now,,., 8 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used Clearblue products for many, many years and always have complete trust in them. This is the first digital pregnancy test I've tried though and it was as easy to use and as accurate as I've come to expect from this brand.

Start to finish it takes no longer than 5 minutes and there's no uncertainty as to the results given. I've used the type with just the blue lines on the stick and the one's with the little purple dots but sometimes they were a bit of a faff to work out whether the lines/dots were there but faint... or not there... or still developing... There's no doubt with this one. It tells you in words pregnant or not pregnant and it takes less than 3 minutes to do it's thing. It's brilliant.

So simple. Take the lid off, pee on the end, put the cap back on and wait a couple of minutes. Job done. Easy.

The result shows in the window for about 24 hours so there's plenty of time to check the outcome.

I couldn't check how accurate the conception times given are as I got a negative result but I think it would be better to use cheaper, basic tests to check initially and then once confirmed use this test to see how far along. You only get one test in the pack so it might get expensive to use this over a prolonged time with negative results every time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20