Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Skelf > Reviews

Schwarzkopf got2b Made4Mess Sculpting Spritz 150 ml - Pack of 6
Schwarzkopf got2b Made4Mess Sculpting Spritz 150 ml - Pack of 6

5.0 out of 5 stars Really strong hold without stickiness ..., 22 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love Schwarzkopf products but had never tried this one before so was keen to give it a go. I've used the texturizing hair spray and had good results with it so was hoping for the same with this product.

Couldn't be happier. My hair is very thin and weak as a result of treatment for illness and I've lost an alarming amount of it. it's quite upsetting to no longer have my glorious thick and glossy hair that would hold any style I threw at it. I'm afraid to use too much heat on my hair now in case I damage it further so my straighteners, tongs, rollers and all the other implements of torture are gathering dust. I have to try and style it with not much more than my fingers and the results are less than inspiring most days. I've found that really strong hair spray is my friend though and I can usually tease my hair into an illusion of a style and then blast it with the spray. Not really a fan of aerosols though so this spritz is perfect for me.

Really strong hold without stickiness and I can spritz it exactly where I need it without breathing in a fug of fumes. Holds really well without making it rock hard, although I expect if I wanted it rock hard I could just go at it with this and crack nuts off the results. The little bottle can fit in my bag easily and if needed I can whip it out for a quick spritz throughout the day. Smells great too and a little seems to go a long way. Very pleased with it.

Four Weddings and a Fiasco
Four Weddings and a Fiasco
by Catherine Ferguson

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartily recommend..., 22 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Ahhh, the feels! I Ioved this one! Funny in all the right places, great dialogue, brilliant storytelling and a fantastic mix of characters all come together to make for a lively read and I absolutely raced through this one.

When I first picked it up I did wonder what I was in for because that cover does nothing for it. It's so dreary and doesn't really draw a person in and I hoped the story inside would be a bit better... Needn't have worried though, the story was MUCH better!

This is exactly the kind of book that would make a great rom com movie. I know it's already been done with Four Weddings and a Funeral (and the title here is a play on that) but it's sufficiently different to warrant a new movie being made so I'll keep my fingers crossed for that.

Really satisfying read and one I can heartily recommend.

World War II (What They Don't Tell You About)
World War II (What They Don't Tell You About)
by Robert Fowke

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to have awakened an interest in History that wasn't there before..., 22 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Packed with interesting facts and much more fun than the normal history books - So says the nine year old I read this with. We took turns reading out sections and both he and I learned some new things about WWII. The little snippets of info are great for jump starting some new discussions too and has prompted the aforementioned nine year old to start a new project about it all. We spent yesterday at the local library finding suitable books on the topic and he's been engrossed ever since.

Apart from a great book in its own right it seems to have awakened an interest in History that wasn't there before so I'm happy with it.

Brandon's SO Bossy (Dragon School)
Brandon's SO Bossy (Dragon School)
by Judith Heneghan

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book to read aloud..., 22 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely book to read aloud and the was easily followed by the little person I read it to. The illustrations are well done and appropriate and even after the story was finished my friends son (the little person) spent time looking at all the pictures from front to back and back again. He didn't ask for a re-read though, preferring some of the others we read instead but he did seem engaged by it.

Nice book which encourages children to think about suitable behaviour and the importance of good manners, without realising they're learning something.

Ultrasport Women's Midlayer Scott Long-Sleeve Functional Sports Jacket - Blue, Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of thought has gone into this and it shows..., 21 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A very nice running jacket and the colour is great! I love the air force blue and aqua combo!

Lots of thought has gone into this and it shows. The thumb loops are really useful to stop the sleeves riding up and the front zip has a little guard at the top to stop chaffing, which is a nice touch. I really like the little (tiny) pocket on the inside sleeve which is big enough to hold a key. Perhaps a single car key or a locker key only though, definitely not a bunch on a keyring.

Nice reflective areas scattered front, back and on sleeves to help be seen at night and overall just really well made. Nice quality and looks and feels great on. The size Large is quite well fitting on size 14/16 and there's enough room under it for just a t-shirt.

Manuka Doctor ApiRevive Restorative Hair Mask 100 ml
Manuka Doctor ApiRevive Restorative Hair Mask 100 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special really..., 21 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well, I'm not sure what to think about this... It's a hair mask that does much the same as my (much cheaper) conditioner but smells much worse.

It's quite a small tube and luckily my hair is quite short and thin at the moment thanks to treatments for illness so it might last a bit longer, but I'd estimate about another half dozen treatments from this tube going on my usage for the last couple of times I've tried it. It's a nice thick cream and is easy to apply and the suggestion is to keep it on for around 7 minutes...if you can bear the smell for that long. It's quite overpowering. It's not unpleasant in the tube to be fair, but for some reason it turns weird when added to hair. Not a nice scent and I can't put my finger on why.

Can't see a huge improvement in my hair though, I get similar results from my usual conditioner. For my second try I even did one half of my head with this and the other half with the regular one and I couldn't tell them apart. Maybe someone with damaged and/or treated hair would see better results but on my thin, weedy, short hair it's nothing to write home about.

Brabantia Sort & Go Waste Bin, Plastic, Mint Green, 16 Litre
Brabantia Sort & Go Waste Bin, Plastic, Mint Green, 16 Litre

4.0 out of 5 stars A fine size for my glass recycling..., 21 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's smaller than I expected but it's a fine size for my glass recycling. It's too small for our plastic and cans as it won't even hold a days worth of coke cans and 2L Pepsi bottles, and it's too big for our food and organic waste. The food waste bin we get from the council is a horrible dark brown but it's half the size of this brabantia one and even one that small stinks the house out if not emptied every other day so this 16L one would be overkill. We'd hardly get it a quarter full before having to empty it.

Our glass recycling though seems to be suited to this size. We don't usually have anything bigger than jars and the occasional ketchup bottle and they take a while to mount up enough to traipse to the recycling center with them (our council don't do a glass collection). Using this bin means we can store the glass away out of sight in this until such time as we have enough to warrant a trip and don't have to see a glass pyramid growing in the corner of the kitchen for a week or three.

Has a nice feature to allow it to be fixed to the wall (or inside cupboard door) and comes with a few bin liners to get you started. Nice colour too. I'd describe it more as a duck egg blue than mint green and that's perfect because my kitchen diner is the same shade as the bin, by happy accident!

Sleeper's Castle
Sleeper's Castle
by Barbara Erskine

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable read..., 21 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Sleeper's Castle (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I first read Lady of Hay over twenty years ago and have picked it up for a re-read once or twice in the years since and find something new to love about it every time. I was delighted to find out this follow on of sorts had been released and couldn't wait to dive in.

Very, very enjoyable read and I enjoyed it every bit as much as the first, maybe more. I love a dual timeline story when it's told well and this is done to perfection with Sleeper's Castle. It's a thing of beauty. I tried really hard to read it slowly and make it last as long as I could but once I started turning pages I was just sucked in and time raced by.

I'm not sure why I have never read any other books by Barbara Erskine but I'm going to see what the library has and remedy that. Highly recommended!

A Divided Spy (Thomas Kell Spy Thriller, Book 3)
A Divided Spy (Thomas Kell Spy Thriller, Book 3)
by Charles Cumming

4.0 out of 5 stars I'd love to see it made into a movie!, 21 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Spy thrillers are not my usual genre, but I'm glad I gave this one a try because I was rewarded with a really good story. I'm not sure if I missed out on much by jumping straight to this one and sidestepping the first two but I suspect I'd have got more from the story if I'd started at number one in the series. Oh well...

Very clever story and just enough twists and turns to keep me guessing. I never have much luck figuring out the endings when things are so twisty but that's half the fun for me, to be surprised and delighted when it all comes together. Very well written, great story and the guy can definitely write! I'd love to see it made into a movie!

Jamal Jealousaurus (Dinosaurs Have Feelings, Too)
Jamal Jealousaurus (Dinosaurs Have Feelings, Too)
by Brian Moses

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a cute book..., 21 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's a cute book and the illustrations are engaging. The story is short and succinct enough to get to the point with the minimum of fuss and as an adult I felt it was all as it should be, but for the little people I read it to it was just another story. Nothing special and not one that has been requested again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20