Profile for Skelf > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 158

Skelf (UK)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Depend Real Fit Incontinence Underwear for Women, Maximum Absorbency, L (32 Pants)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not at all what I would consider feminine and/or modern..., 10 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If I had come to these before finding the Always ones I might have been a fan but in comparison these are a poor substitute. They're bulkier, not as comfy to wear, they don't have the same odour protection and the colour is terrible. That peach colour reminds me of my grans Platex from years back. Quite dated and not at all what I would consider feminine and/or modern.

They do go a long way towards feeling protected but the range of sizes these will fit, combined with the poor elastication around the legs means that leakage is always going to be a worry. Also, they're very bulky and no use at all with well fitting jeans or trousers (which I live in most of the time).

These will do in a pinch but for me the Always ones are a much better alternative and I haven't been persuaded to change brands after trying these ones by Depend.

Nine West Women's Quartz Watch with Grey Dial Analogue Display and Grey Alloy Bracelet NW/1678GYRG

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty watch..., 9 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A very pretty watch in light grey with rose gold accents and seems to go with most outfits I've tried.

I've had a watch with a similar strap coating before and the silicone over metal feels really nice and looks really nice but from experience it doesn't stand the test of time very well. I like to wear my watch night and day and not have to nanny it to keep it looking nice but this one will discolour really fast if it's not given a bit of care. I've found that wearing it with dark clothes touching it are going to end in a grubby looking watch fairly quickly. It's not the kind of dirt that can be washed off either, it seems to rub into the coating and is permanent.

I like it but having to give it extra consideration as to what colours I can wear it with means it probably won't be worn as much as I'd like. Pretty watch, just discolours really easily. It's a snug fit on my 7 1/2 inch wrist.

Scotch Restickable Tabs 25.4mm x 25.4mm (R100) - 1 pack, 18 tabs per pack
Scotch Restickable Tabs 25.4mm x 25.4mm (R100) - 1 pack, 18 tabs per pack

3.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't trust these to hold up anything anything heavier than paper..., 9 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wouldn't trust these to hold up anything anything heavier than paper but for things like sticking photos on the fridge they're great. They're restickable so it's easy to swap out the photos when we get new ones. Not sure how many times they'd last for reusing but with 18 tabs in a pack and only needing one tab per photo they'll probably last a while.

Command 17067CLR-V Small Wire Hook - Purely Purple
Command 17067CLR-V Small Wire Hook - Purely Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Hinged hooks..., 5 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've tried a few different command hooks but these are my favourites. I much prefer the wire hook than the molded plastic ones as some of the things I want to hang have quite little holes and the plastic ones don't fit into them. These wire ones are perfect for fitting into the holders of a lightweight corkboard in my kitchen though. All three used together are coping well with my pinboard and seem in no danger of falling down any time soon and I'm optimistic that they'll stand the test of time.

The hooks are hinged, although I'm not sure why. Must be a good reason for it but I haven't worked out what yet. Doesn't seem to hinder how they're used though. They still just seem like regular hooks.

Purple wouldn't have been my first choice of colour, clear would have been better and blended with more colour schemes but it's the effectiveness that's important here and these are very effective.

Great value for money for three hooks (at time of writing). Highly recommend (if you're not put off by the purple).

Post-it X-Large 101 x 101 mm Lined Super Sticky Notes - Fuschia (Pack of 90 Sheets)

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly bigger than the regular yellow pads and VERY bright..., 5 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Slightly bigger than the regular yellow pads and VERY bright. Neon pink is great, but when writing on it and reading what's on it it's a bit hard on these old eyes. It takes quite a dark ink to show up on it too and pencils and coloured biros just don't stand out. I like that they're lined though, that's a nice addition.

As to their sticky-ness, I can't say one way or the other if they're 'super sticky', they feel as sticky as the standard ones but nothing out of the ordinary.

I like them but they're a bit too leery for my eyes.

Command 17017CLR-AWES Outdoor Light Clip - Clear
Command 17017CLR-AWES Outdoor Light Clip - Clear

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended so long as the location they're used is smooth..., 3 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If there are only a small amount of lights to string outside on plastic or upvc then these are marvelous. If however, you have a lot of lights to attach to wood or concrete or rough/rusty metal guttering outside then these are not great. Bottom line is that these are only as good as the situation they're used for.

They stick really well to smooth plastic/upvc (as long as it's clean and dry) but anything else is probably going to end badly. Glass would work too I suppose but if it's any other rough surface then these won't work.

I like the Command products and have always been happy with those I've tried, including these. They're easy to use, handy and because they're clear plastic they're discrete too. Recommended so long as the location they're used is smooth.

Ultrasport GymChair, Whole Body Trainer, Foldable
Ultrasport GymChair, Whole Body Trainer, Foldable

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a compact way to train..., 3 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is billed as a whole body trainer but personally I'll be using it as a six pack bench. There are lots of exercises that can be done on this, some more successfully than others, but for me the biggest draw of a machine like this is the ab training aspect. Just youtube 'six pack machine' and you'll see virtually all of the vids feature a chair/bench like this.

It comes with a little booklet of suggested routines and it's enough to get started with but the internet has lots more ideas for using this to train. I wasn't loving it to start with as I don't like the back moving backwards and forwards while using the leg module, I'd have preferred something a bit more solid to tense against. After a bit of playing around I've found that the the moving back rest makes the other exercises much better and more efficient so I'll just have to get used to the leg one with it too. The massage sections are a bit uncomfortable to start with and will take a bit of getting used to.

My biggest dislike of this though is the stretchy arm band things. They fit over the back 'feet' and work well when used that way and facing forward but in the leaflet it suggests bringing them towards the front and hooking around the front hand holds for the backward facing arm exercises. I'm really vexed I followed the instructions though because now I have a big cut in the foam of the hand holds. When the bands were pulled and released over and over again during the workout it was like cheese wire through the foam. The friction has worn away the foam within about 40 seconds of use like that. Not happy. I know it's just cosmetics but it looks really tatty now and it bugs me that it looks old and worn before it's even a few weeks old.

It's a nice unit though, for all that. It has lots of features and it's competitively priced for a full body trainer (at time of writing) but if all you need is a six pack chair then I'd shop around as there are cheaper and better out there.

It's a compact way to train and although I don't dismantle mine between uses it's easy to take apart to store.

Ultrasport Fitness Sports Women's Shorts grey Grau-Melange/Aqua Size:XL
Ultrasport Fitness Sports Women's Shorts grey Grau-Melange/Aqua Size:XL

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely fabric and fresh colours..., 3 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've had Ultrasport garments before so was expecting the quality to be good and I wasn't let down. Lovely fabric and fresh colours and very well made. They feel nice to wear, are comfy and are quite soft against the skin.

Bit disappointed that the sizing seems off though. I'm a size 12/14 which is usually a M/L in most other clothing but I got these in the size XL and they are really quite snug on me (I'm hovering closer to the size 14 at the moment). They fit but it's not a flattering fit, if you know what I mean. So, for a really nice size 14 fit I'd be looking for the XXL size? Blimey.

Nice shorts, well made and lovely to wear but let down by sizing.

Command 17091CLR-V Medium Hooks - Purely Purple
Command 17091CLR-V Medium Hooks - Purely Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault them..., 2 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've got Command hooks in almost every room in the house (and the garage and garden), they're so handy and effective and with no drilling and/or mess to put up even I can manage it. If I change my mind about them or their position that's no problem either as they're easy to take down and reposition (as long as the extra sticking tabs that come in the pack are unused). Once up they stay up though and I've never had one fall off, unlike most other brands I've tried.

These are at my back door and in use as a dog lead and poop bag container holder. I'm a great believer in 'a place for everything and everything in its place' and these hooks help get the dog walking stuff off the counter and onto a nice neat peg.

Can't fault them. Purple doesn't match with anything in my kitchen but that's just cosmetics and it is the function of the hooks that is important.

Command 17086S Medium Terrace Slate Hook
Command 17086S Medium Terrace Slate Hook
Offered by Homecare Essentials Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't fault these..., 30 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I can't fault these. I've tried several in this Command range and they all perform exactly as promised and are every bit as good as I'd hoped. These medium terrace hooks have been put to use in the utility room and are perfect for the little hand towel I have in there and my peg bag. My peg bag and plastic pegs don't weigh too much and the hook copes no problem but I haven't tried it with a thick cotton bag and wooden pegs. It'll probably work for those too as long as the bag isn't bulging.

Very nice hooks, although they seem a bit on the expensive side. They work though and stay up which is the main thing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20