Profile for Stella > Reviews

Content by Stella
Top Reviewer Ranking: 90
Helpful Votes: 1995

Stella (UK)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
4 in 1 Wine Opener-Screwpull Corkscrew with Pour Spout, Bottle Stopper, Wine Foil Cutter by Wasserstein® - Lifetime Guarantee
Offered by Wasserstein Appliances

5.0 out of 5 stars The only thing it won't do is take your empties to the recycling for you..., 27 Aug. 2015
What a brilliant little gadget. Everyone should have one of these tools! Effortlessly removes corks, helps pour it and keeps it fresh (if there's any left).

I love that it's all neatly contained in such a well designed unit. No space has been wasted and it's very well made. It has a lovely feel to it too and doesn't feel cheap and nasty.

The foil cutter works a treat and cuts a neat line so it's easy to remove the foil cap. The corkscrew part is such fun too, aside from turning the handle there's absolutely no effort involved at all to remove the cork, it does it all for you. Just place the corkscrew over the cork and start turning. Rather than the screw working it's way down into the cork and then having to tug it out, the cork works it's way up onto the cork so there's no tugging involved and zero effort.

Once the cork is out just pop the little pourer (which is neatly stored in one side of the handle)into the top of the bottle and it stops any drips running down the bottle while you pour. Lastly, 'if' there is any wine left the the other side of the handle stores the stopper and this is a good fit for a standard bottle and is held in place snugly with the rubber seal.

It's all genius and everything has been thought of. The only thing it won't do is take your empties to the recycling for you. All components are tidily stored in the tool and it arrives nicely boxed so would make a great gift.

I'm very happy with it and can happily recommend.

I received this free sample from the supplier for review purposes.

Damero Travel Nappy Changing Backpack with Changing Pad (Black)
Damero Travel Nappy Changing Backpack with Changing Pad (Black)
Offered by Denso

5.0 out of 5 stars Built to last and is very well made..., 27 Aug. 2015
I'm a big fan of organiser bags and never more so than when it's a baby travel bag. My last one was little more than an oversized messenger bag and although it held a lot, finding stuff in it was a nightmare.

This one seems to have it all and I'm thrilled with it. It has the look of a normal backpack and in one of the neutral colours dads can tote it about too and not have to contend with some of the twee pastel coloured ones around at the moment. It is inside that the magic happens though and nothing has been left to chance in there. Every eventuality has been thought of and the attention to detail is obvious. Firstly, it's got a changing mat section which is great when out and about as it's sometimes difficult to find somewhere suitable (and hygienic) to change on. Nobody wants to cart around a separate changing mat so this one is ideal. The outside pockets are great for water bottles or anything else that needs to be close at hand when on the move. Theres's also a large front pocket to store anything larger that won't fit in the pouches but still needs to be handy, like a book maybe. There are sections for bottles (a couple have a little insulation) and help keep them upright and in place, there's a space for wet wipes and even comes with a little hole to remove the wipes which means the whole lot doesn't have to come out to get at them. So handy and can be done one handed. Various pockets for any odds and ends that need to be taken with you while out - toys, flannels, a change of clothes, nappy sacks, etc, and most importantly a large pocket for nappies.

It's a great size and comes with strong padded straps and a handy carry handle. It seems built to last and is very well made. Can't fault it.

I received this free sample from the supplier for review purposes.

Semlos Portable USB Bluetooth Stereo Audio Receiver and Transmitter Music Streaming Adapter Dongle with Hands Free Calling Built-in Mic and 3.5 mm Stereo Output Black
Offered by SemlosDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, fast and great at what it does..., 27 Aug. 2015
I've got a good DAB radio as standard in my car but I rarely listen to it because my favourite type of music isn't catered to - Country music (don't judge.) Instead I usually listen to my audio books in the car and while I can still do this when the Semlos is paired to my phone, I can now stream Country music through the car speakers which is much more fun.

My USB and Aux ports are side by side in the car so this works out great. It's very simple to set up and if things aren't immediately clear as to how it hooks up the instructions are comprehensive. Plug the transmitter into the USB and the audio cable into the Aux port, begin pairing, once paired select what you want to listen to from your phone (in my case a country music radio app) and begin streaming through the car speakers. Easy, fast and great at what it does.

Really pleased with this and at the current price (at time of writing) it's a steal.

I received this free product from the supplier for review purposes.

60% OFF 7 Inch Tablet PC Tab(1,2GHz A33 Quad-Core, 8GB Internal Memory, Multi-Touch, 1024 x 600 HD Display, Dual Camera, WiFi, Google Android 4.4 KitKat, UK Plug) Black
Offered by AresparkDirect EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Budget tablet..., 27 Aug. 2015
As tablets go this isn't a top of the range model and it will never compete with the bigger boys but that's reflected in the price, obviously. It has some positives and negatives but when price is taken into account it's easy to see it's appeal.

My first disappointment is that the charging port won't take a standard USB charger and that's quite a big thing for me. I've got lots of devices that I cart around with me and I like that they all run off the same charging cable. Having to cart around an additional charger that will only work with this one device is a bit of a pain and means I probably won't get as much use out of this as I'd have liked. In the house it's not a problem but I use my tablet mostly when out and about so that's the first sticking point. The second is actually making me a bit leery of it. I seem to have the body chemistry that attracts and stores a lot of static electricity (the kind where you shuffle along a nylon carpet to build up the charge and then touch someone and they get zapped - Except I don't have to do the shuffle, it just builds up in me naturally). It's usually things like car doors, metal gates etc that make me zap but I've found with this tablet it can happen at any time I'm using it while it's charging. If it's plugged in and I touch it I can feel the crackle of a charge and a slight zap. It's tiny but I'm so used to the feeling that I know it's there. That's a bit worrying and since I don't get it from any of my other devices it seems to be something about this particular one that does it. It's maybe not the fault of the tablet, perhaps it's me...but it's putting me off using it to be honest.

The installed memory isn't terrible but if you want to pump it full of apps it'll need expanding with a micro SD card. I haven't bothered with the SD card because I'd only be using a handful of apps on it and checking email but it's easy to upgrade the memory if needed. It's a little slow to load and the image quality isn't perfect, but again.....look at the price. Some compromises have to be made I expect and for the price it's not to bad.

Responsiveness is probably decent enough if you don't have any higher spec devices to compare with but if you're used to fast accuracy you might get a bit frustrated. It's pretty fast to charge but that charge dwindle quite quickly and I found I had to top it up frequently.

It comes with a few pre-loaded apps and it's very easy to use and set up. Probably best as a beginner tablet or someone looking for a budget tablet to see them through until their main one is repaired/replaced but if you're used to something with a bit more oomph then this will get frustrating pretty fast.

Can't beat that price though and for what you get it's great value.

I received this free product from the supplier for review purposes.

High Quality Rustproof Stainless Steel Shower Curtain Hooks & Rings ✮ Modern & Luxury Decorative Design Round Rollers ✮ Made of Heavy Duty High Grade Corrosion Free Brushed & Polished Silver Nickel ✮ Set of 12 ✮ 100% Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee!
Offered by Sabah Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Really pleased with these..., 27 Aug. 2015
I'm really pleased with these. Made from stainless steel which is perfect for wet and steamy bathrooms as they won't rust or corrode and are much sleeker looking than the plastic ones they're replacing. My old ones were getting decidedly yellowed but that's not a problem I anticipate with these as these should remain tarnish free for as long as they're in use.

My rail is curved and switching these over with the old ones was less than five minutes and they much nicer looking. Nice and shiny and glide no problem thanks to the little ball-bearing things. They open with a sort of safety pin action and it's easy to open, slip on the curtain and close again. The closure is tight enough to stay closed in use but easy enough to open again if you need to change the curtain. The hooks will definitely outlast the curtain.

Really pleased with these and they're very competitively priced.

I received this free product from the supplier for review purposes.

High Quality Julienne Peeler & Vegetable Peeler ✮ Ultra Sharp Stainless Steel Dual Blades
Offered by Sabah Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is fierce..., 27 Aug. 2015
Compared to my old peeler this thing is fierce. It's very sharp.

Just for the peeler side alone this is worth having as it's been able to tackle everything I've tried it on. Even the thick skin of a turnip didn't give it any problems. I've never used a Julienne cutter before though and it does take a bit of getting used to but it's easy enough once you get going. Maybe 'fine shred' is closer to the mark but it's still good at what it does.

It also has little loop pieces on the sides of the cutter head and these are used for making decorative cuts on vegetables, getting eyes out of potatoes or perhaps scoring oranges before peeling. I haven't had much occasion to use these yet but on trials they'll probably prove useful from time to time. It's mostly the cutters that I'll get the most use from and I'm really happy with how effective they are.

Overall it's a nice solid cutter, easily cleaned in the dishwasher and competitively priced.

I received this free product direct from the supplier for review purposes.

Ekouaer Men's Stretch Plain Cotton Pants Underwear With Fly Pouch Underpants (Brief,Trunk,Boxer Brief)
Offered by avidlove
Price: £5.99 - £8.59

3.0 out of 5 stars This fabric does not do well at anything above 30 degrees is my guess..., 27 Aug. 2015
These are very nice quality and very soft to wear. 'Snug' would be the word I'd use but sometimes that's what you want...right? They're a nice fit and pretty true to size and the seams and hems are not too rigid so that they chafe or dig in. The be only problem I have with these is that they don't do well with my laundry routine. Part of it may be my fault as I didn't read the washing instructions (they're pants, what could possibly go wrong?) and I don't think they like tumble dryers. I can't check as the label instructions have washed off but after only just one wash and tumble in the dryer they look about 10 years old. This fabric does not do well at anything above 30 degrees is my guess. Either the washing machine or the dryer has killed them.

Although I may be at fault for not reading the care instructions, even if I had and I had known they needed special treatment that would still have reflected badly on my rating. I have enough to worry about without making special arrangements to wash pants. They get thrown into the machine and dryer with all the other pants and if they can't cope then they're not for me.

Nice pants, nice fit and seem well made but if they only survive with gentle laundry treatment then I'm not a fan. I haven't got the time or patience for fussy pants.

I received this free product from the supplier for review purposes.

Just Life U-01153 Outdoor Sport 480ml Portable BPA Free Glass Drinking Water Bottle with Silicone Handle and Sleeve for Running Camping(One Piece)
Offered by Fun Mall

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with these..., 27 Aug. 2015
After using these for some time I can confirm that I'm a fan. I've been trying to steer away from bottled water in plastic to try and cut down on my recycling waste and had bought some Voss Artesian Still Water because they came in glass bottles and the water tasted really nice. Those bottles feel nice in the hand and I can cut down on my waste and reuse them but the neck is quite narrow and it's hard to get into them to clean. These bottles from Just Life tick all the boxes though. I get the nice glass bottles which are a nice size, I'm not contributing to the landfills with them and they have a nice wide neck to get the bottle brush into to clean. They have a lot of extras too that the Voss bottles don't have - The neoprene sleeves mean they don't clack about together when they're in my bag but if I don't want them on the inside I can attach to the outside on the straps as the bottles come with the handy hooks to hold them in place. Brilliant.

The lids are nice and tight, they feel a nice size to hold and there are various options to cart them about. Can't fault them. They do have a slight smell to them when they arrive but I believe that's the tea desiccant used inside them before shipping (as per the product description) and once this was cleaned and dried thoroughly a few times the taint disappeared.

Very competitively priced and perfect for my needs. Very happy with these.

I received this free sample from the supplier for review purposes.

Deal of the Day Bling Jewellery Earrings Teardrop Dangle Stryle Inlaid with Swarovski Element Blue Crystal for Ladies 1 Pair-Luxury Blue Gift Box Packaged (Blue)
Offered by LiwayTech

5.0 out of 5 stars These are beautiful!.., 27 Aug. 2015
These are beautiful! The product photo is very nice but in real life they're just amazing. So sparkly and twinkly. I just love these. The colour is so vivid and the crystals catch the light so much that every turn of the head or jiggle of the earrings makes it look like sparks come off them.

I've worn them several times since they arrived and I always get compliments on them. Everyone thinks they're so much more expensive than they are and want to know where to get them. I'd love them in different colours too so I could mix and match with different outfits. Probably best suited to dressy nights out but I've been wearing them during the day too, I like them so much. They're a good size and big enough to be seen but not too weighty and after long time wear don't pull at my ears like others I own of similar size.

They come very prettily packaged in a velvet lined box and would make a super and special gift too. I just can't fault these. I love them so much and can heartily recommend.

I've tried taking photos of them to show just how wonderful they are but I can't do them justice but I'll keep trying.

I received this free sample product from the supplier for review purposes.

SLEEP EYE MASK - Pure Silk - BEST QUALITY - AIDS REM SLEEPING - ADJUSTABLE ELASTIC - HYPOALLERGENIC - FREE FOAM EAR PLUGS - DORMIBENE sleep masks that BLOCK light - VERY SOFT - COMFORT FIT - Enhance your power nap and therapeutic sleeps NOW
Offered by Precipice

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value..., 27 Aug. 2015
My husband works shifts and some of those are nights. We've put blinds on the bedroom windows and alongside the curtains they help keep a good bit of daylight at bay but they only go so far. This mask may not block out 100% of the light but it's not noticeable alongside the other light blocking measures.

The mask itself is really light and soft and if it wasn't for the slight tightness over the eyes it would feel like it wasn't there. The strap placement means that when it's tight enough to keep it in place it's tightest across the bridge of the nose which in turn puts a bit of strain across the eyes. Nothing too terrible though, just enough to feel it. It's a lovely soft mask and the silk cover means your face doesn't get all hot and sweaty under it.

I didn't realise this came with free earbud things and that was a nice surprise. Combined with the mask it means my husband can sleep during the day and not be disturbed by light, plus I don't have to tiptoe around while he sleeps the ear things work great to block noise.

Considering the price (at time of writing) I think this is great value and for our needs it's exactly what was needed.

I received this free sample product from the supplier for review purposes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20