Profile for paddy888 > Reviews

Eshow Men's Retro Weekend Canvas Travel Shoulder Bag, Brown
Eshow Men's Retro Weekend Canvas Travel Shoulder Bag, Brown
Offered by SinoEshow

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a bag for life, 1 Sept. 2015
Disappointed. Low quality and capacity lower than anticipated. I would return it but can't be bothered with the faff.

Coupling: Complete Series 1 [DVD]
Coupling: Complete Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jack Davenport
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars great comedy, 7 Mar. 2014
Love the characters, especially Geoff. Will buy the whole series. Evocative memories of old, though this series is hasn't dated ~ proper comedy writing.

Scarf, A timeless Mustard background polka dot pattern. A special soft cotton blend spotted scarf
Offered by Maybury

2.0 out of 5 stars too big - too effeminate, 7 Mar. 2014
Scarf is too long, too wide, polka dots enormous. I would have returned it, but my daughter likes it, so its now hers. Scarves are quite personal items, I won't buy from net again, unlike books, CD's etc.

Songs for the Deaf
Songs for the Deaf

4.0 out of 5 stars sticks in your brain, 15 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Songs for the Deaf (Audio CD)
then you hear it aqgain all night as you're trying to sleep. songs for insomniacs maybe. Its powerful, melodic and I don't know why I didn't hear about this years ago. Buy it!!!

Lanzarote
Lanzarote
by Michel Houellebecq

3.0 out of 5 stars I like Houellebecq.., 15 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Lanzarote (Paperback)
But I was slightly dissapointed with Lanzarote. Its a very short book, which I don't mind at all, as endless boring description gets on my wick. But it may be too short to have any real relevance, or maybe it just didn't resonate, or I just don't get it.

Lanzarote is worth a visit, especially in winter, but take something else to read, Atomised, or Whatever are better books in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars seduced, 25 July 2012
The Seducer's Diary

A hedonistic delight, beautifully written and full of irony. Avon has a way with words that is quite significant, rich and majestic. The diary was a joy to read, and is a challenge to exposing our secret inner thoughts about love and relations. I think this book should be on some school syllabus.. then again maybe not! Well worth the reading time.

The Bell Jar (FF Classics)
The Bell Jar (FF Classics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Crafted, 17 Jun. 2012
This is a sumptuous, indulgent and occasionally painful read - and I loved it. With so many reviews I won't describe what its all about, I can tell you how it made me feel. It was eerily familiar, but I loved Esther and her attitudes to the world around her, I even felt envious of her one time friend Buddy. I think this is a beautiful book, filled with hopes and fears - though I know Sylvia's back story. This is a work of art, adorable and reassuring. I felt enlivened by this read - and I'm so glad a friend made recommendation.

The Unbearable Lightness of Being a Prawn Cracker: A Selection of Real Meals (Penguin Specials)

4.0 out of 5 stars greasy spoon, 2 Jun. 2012
love will self's dexterity with words. 'chavistocracy' got to use that. Fun bite size read. The Unbearable Lightness of Being a Prawn Cracker (Penguin Specials): A Selection of Real Meals

Nikita [DVD] [1990]
Nikita [DVD] [1990]
Dvd ~ Anne Parillaud
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best films ever made - so many spin offs but the original in this instance is definitely the best, 1 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Nikita [DVD] [1990] (DVD)
great film - desert island movie for sure. Luc Besson is a genius - love him. Assassins don't get cuter than this.