Profile for Marie G > Reviews

Content by Marie G

Marie G (Wigan, England)

The Nightingale Girls: (Nightingales 1)
The Nightingale Girls: (Nightingales 1)
by Donna Douglas

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read!, 4 Sept. 2012
I really enjoyed this book. The characters pull you in from the beginning and the 1930s hospital setting is fascinating. My personal favourite sections include the vivid portrayal of the world of student nurses at that time; any part involving Nick; and the character of Miss Hanley - developed with touching sensitivity. The book brings to life the world of the student nurses with all its emotion, drama, adventure and humour. A great read!

Fitness Journeys - Natural Scenery , for indoor walking, treadmill and cycling workouts
Dvd ~ Treadmill and Fitness Exercise Videos for Indoor Work Outs
Offered by naturedvdcouk

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic virtual walking DVD, 22 April 2012
I've bought several of the virtual walking DVDs by this company but this is my favourite. I have my laptop set up at eye level in front of my treadmill so the picture is directly in font of me and I can change the scene when needed. Personally, I prefer a walk where you arrive somewhere at the end. I love the first 'Warm-up' walk as it finishes at the sea - as does the Coastal route'. I also like the 'Mountain landscape' although you don't actually get to the mountain itself. It's great until you arrive at a dead end! Still wonderful scenery, though. These three give me about an hour's walk and it really feels as though you are walking or jogging along. Much more interesting than staring at the wall.

Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday
Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday
by Donna Hay

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous fifth book, 1 Nov. 2004
This review is from: Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday (Paperback)
I tried to spin out the experience of reading this book, but I couldn't stop myself from devouring huge chunks at a time. The characters are realistic and interesting. The book has depth, subtlety and great humour. I think Donna Hay writes about the problem of juggling family and work with real understanding. I loved the beautifully woven family relationships. Just one word of warning - be careful where you read it, as you'll be laughing out loud and blinking back tears.