Profile for Jane Henson > Reviews

LEGO Friends 41031: Andrea's Mountain Hut
LEGO Friends 41031: Andrea's Mountain Hut
Offered by a1 Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Just given this to 8 year old for ..., 9 Oct 2014
Excellent. Just given this to 8 year old for her birthday today and she has loved making it. A great hit!

DetachableWireless Keyboard And Mouse Case/ Cover For Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 - Transform Your Tablet Into A Notebook [UK QWERTY Layout] - 30 Days Money Back Guarantee - 12 Months Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent product, 16 Jun 2014
I have been delighted with this keyboard, mouse and case. it is exactly what i wamted and hoped for and I am delighted.

The Other Side of Israel: My Journey Across the Jewish/Arab Divide
The Other Side of Israel: My Journey Across the Jewish/Arab Divide

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly inspiring book, 16 Jun 2014
I was not sure what to expect when I ordered the book, but I found it inspiring and truly excellent. Having spent the last 7 months in Israel /Palestine it resonated with so much that I had heard and experienced. For anyone wanting to try and understand something about this wonderful, painful and inspiring land this book is helpful and very authentic. i would strongly recommend it.

The Book of Forgiving: The Fourfold Path for Healing Ourselves and Our World
The Book of Forgiving: The Fourfold Path for Healing Ourselves and Our World

5.0 out of 5 stars a truly excellent book., 16 Jun 2014
I have not finished this book, but have found it inspiring and excellent in every way so far. The examples, helpful excercises and ways to process the situations cited in the chapter are excellent. i can think of many people to whom i would recommend the book.

Fast Times in Palestine
Fast Times in Palestine

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Times in Palestine - A really good and informative book., 8 May 2014
I found this book quite fascinating. Having spent the last seven months in Jerusalem and been speaking to and listening to so many people, there was so much in the book which resonated with and confirmed what I have experienced and heard. The book was personal, informative, factual and a really essential read if you want to try and get some understanding about this wonderful, awful, warm, and deeply painful place. I thoroughly recommend it.

My Secret Sister: Jenny Lucas and Helen Edwards' family story
My Secret Sister: Jenny Lucas and Helen Edwards' family story

4.0 out of 5 stars A moving and fascinating book, 17 Jun 2013
I found this to be a really fascinating, moving and disturbing book about the effect on the two authors of their separation and eventual meeting. I would like to thank both authors for their honesty in sharing so much pain and determination in trying to make sense of their lives and what they have experienced in such different upbringings.

The Wall
The Wall

5.0 out of 5 stars A must to read if you want to really try and understand the devastation and complexity of the effect of the separation wall, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Wall (Kindle Edition)
This is a really brilliant book and I would recommend everyone to read it. Written from the view of a young Israeli boy it gives a clear and devastating insight into what effect the Wall has on all the population of Israel and Palestine. It is very readable and moving and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

You Can't Hide the Sun: A Journey through Palestine
You Can't Hide the Sun: A Journey through Palestine

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't hide the Sun, 18 Jun 2012
Both my husband and I have read this book and recommend it highly. John McCarthy gives very good and clear insights into the position of Israeli Palestinians and the effect on their lives of living under occupation. His own experiences in Lebanon give him and us insights into some of the situations and people that he encountered. I think that people who want to understand both the complexity and pain of Palestinians today will find this book helpful and very moving. We highly recommend it.

I Shall Not Hate: A Gaza Doctor's Journey on the Road to Peace and Human Dignity
by Izzeldin Abuelaish

5.0 out of 5 stars I Shall Not Hate - Izzeldin Abuelaish, 20 July 2011
I found this book one of the most profound that I have ever read. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to know the realities of the pain of those living within occupaton in Israel / Palestine, but also as a book for those of all faiths or none, to learn what peaceful resistance is really about. Izzeldin's experiences are ones which we hope none of us will have to experience, but if we do we can learn so much from his deep convicion that hate is distructive. A few key quotes - 'Hate is an illness, it prevents healing and peace'. 'Anger is not the same as hate. Anger can be productive. Feel the anger, acknowledge it, but let it be accompanied by change. Let it propel you towards necessary action for the betterment of yourself and others'. I want to thank Izzeldin for sharing his pain and for his honesty in wrestling with some of the most painful experiences of life.

The Kites Are Flying!
The Kites Are Flying!
by Michael Morpurgo

4.0 out of 5 stars The Kites are Flying, 28 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Kites Are Flying! (Paperback)
This is an excellent book. Having recently spent time in the West Bank it was wonderful to read a book which children would enjoy and understand and would help to given them a clearer understanding of the situation there, particularly as it affects chidren, and how they try and make their own simple, but effective, acts of friendship.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2013 12:45 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2