ARRAY(0xb50c4744)

My Secret Sister: Jenny Lucas and Helen Edwards' family story
My Secret Sister: Jenny Lucas and Helen Edwards' family story
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A moving and fascinating book, 17 Jun 2013
I found this to be a really fascinating, moving and disturbing book about the effect on the two authors of their separation and eventual meeting. I would like to thank both authors for their honesty in sharing so much pain and determination in trying to make sense of their lives and what they have experienced in such different upbringings.

The Wall
The Wall
Price: 3.60

5.0 out of 5 stars A must to read if you want to really try and understand the devastation and complexity of the effect of the separation wall, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Wall (Kindle Edition)
This is a really brilliant book and I would recommend everyone to read it. Written from the view of a young Israeli boy it gives a clear and devastating insight into what effect the Wall has on all the population of Israel and Palestine. It is very readable and moving and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

You Can't Hide the Sun: A Journey through Palestine
You Can't Hide the Sun: A Journey through Palestine
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't hide the Sun, 18 Jun 2012
Both my husband and I have read this book and recommend it highly. John McCarthy gives very good and clear insights into the position of Israeli Palestinians and the effect on their lives of living under occupation. His own experiences in Lebanon give him and us insights into some of the situations and people that he encountered. I think that people who want to understand both the complexity and pain of Palestinians today will find this book helpful and very moving. We highly recommend it.

I Shall Not Hate: A Gaza Doctor's Journey on the Road to Peace and Human Dignity
by Izzeldin Abuelaish

5.0 out of 5 stars I Shall Not Hate - Izzeldin Abuelaish, 20 July 2011
I found this book one of the most profound that I have ever read. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to know the realities of the pain of those living within occupaton in Israel / Palestine, but also as a book for those of all faiths or none, to learn what peaceful resistance is really about. Izzeldin's experiences are ones which we hope none of us will have to experience, but if we do we can learn so much from his deep convicion that hate is distructive. A few key quotes - 'Hate is an illness, it prevents healing and peace'. 'Anger is not the same as hate. Anger can be productive. Feel the anger, acknowledge it, but let it be accompanied by change. Let it propel you towards necessary action for the betterment of yourself and others'. I want to thank Izzeldin for sharing his pain and for his honesty in wrestling with some of the most painful experiences of life.

The Kites Are Flying!
The Kites Are Flying!
by Michael Morpurgo
Price: 4.49

4.0 out of 5 stars The Kites are Flying, 28 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Kites Are Flying! (Paperback)
This is an excellent book. Having recently spent time in the West Bank it was wonderful to read a book which children would enjoy and understand and would help to given them a clearer understanding of the situation there, particularly as it affects chidren, and how they try and make their own simple, but effective, acts of friendship.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2013 12:45 PM GMT

My Son Tom: The Life and Tragic Death of Tom Hurndal
My Son Tom: The Life and Tragic Death of Tom Hurndal
by Jocelyn Hurndall
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My Son Tom, 3 Sep 2010
I was unable to put this book down. It is inspirational, deeply painful, full of insight and personal stories. Joceyln and those who helped her to put it together, have given us a very valuable and precious account of what happened to Tom and those with whom he stood up for the people of Gaza. If you want to know what was and is continuing to go on in Gaza and occupied Palestine, this book is very valuable reading and gives us all courage to see what brave young people and others are doing in their passion for justice.

A Time to Speak Out: Independent Jewish Voices On Israel, Zionism and Jewish Identity
by Anne Karpf
Price: 8.86

4.0 out of 5 stars A Time to Speak Out, 3 Sep 2010
I have not yet read all of this book yet, but what I have read is inspirational and a very important opportunity to hear the Israeli voices who are speaking out about the situation in occupied Palestine. Those who have contributed to this book are serious,well informed and with first hand and deep knowledge of the situation.

Let Me Stand Alone: The Journals of Rachel Corrie
Let Me Stand Alone: The Journals of Rachel Corrie
by Rachel Corrie
Price: 7.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Let me Stand Alone: The Journals of Rachel Corrie, 3 Sep 2010
This is an excellent book. It gives Rachel's background and what made her the person that she was and have the passion that she had for Gaza. It is a very valuable book if you wish to learn something about a young woman who cared enough for the situation to take the steps that she did.