Profile for J. M. THOMSON > Reviews

Content by J. M. THOMSON

J. M. THOMSON (West Midlands)

Page: 1 | 2
5 Star Grip Clips Metal Width 60mm Silver [Pack 10]
5 Star Grip Clips Metal Width 60mm Silver [Pack 10]

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Dec. 2014
Very good quality.

Brand New Eyelet Pliers Tool Hole Punch Maker Fabric Plier Leather Craft 100 Brass Eyelets
Offered by Saving world

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 4 Dec. 2014
Useless.

SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE S5830 BLACK SILICONE CASE / COVER/ SKIN WITH SCREEN PROTECTOR
Offered by Blue Galaxy

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value. Cloth that came with it though is ..., 15 Sept. 2014
Excellent value. Cloth that came with it though is so small its like a postage stamp.

Little Girl Lost (DS Lucy Black Book 1)
Little Girl Lost (DS Lucy Black Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars I thought it started very well and was a good story line but thought it got bogged down by ..., 15 Sept. 2014
I thought it started very well and was a good story line but thought it got bogged down by too many police procedural details which I know probably made the story more authentic but it just got a bit tedious after a while.

The Husband's Secret
The Husband's Secret

3.0 out of 5 stars It was a very good read and my first book to read on a ..., 27 July 2014
It was a very good read and my first book to read on a kindle so it only cost me £1.99. I thought it was a good plot and well written with well observed characters. I did enjoy it although not quite as suspenseful a read as the reviews make out. Also not sure if I liked the Australian location as much as I would have enjoyed if it had been set in UK or even America.

The Algorithm
The Algorithm

1.0 out of 5 stars Full of typos., 14 July 2014
This review is from: The Algorithm (Kindle Edition)
Free book on my Kindle when I had it. Full of typos and grammar errors. Not good. Won't bother reading it any further.

The Very Best Of UB40
The Very Best Of UB40

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 14 July 2014
This review is from: The Very Best Of UB40 (Audio CD)
A great compilation CD covering all their best tracks and more. Just what I wanted.

Heaven [Deluxe edition]
Heaven [Deluxe edition]

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavenly Voice, 3 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Heaven [Deluxe edition] (Audio CD)
Since receiving it have not stopped playing it. Rebecca has such a wonderfully smooth voice. So glad she did not win X-Factor and disappeared into the void that most X-Factor winners end up in. She held out to produce a quality album full of songs she has penned herself. I do hope she brings another album out soon.

Paperblanks Fantastic Felines Blue Cats and Butterflies Midi Notebook with Lined Pages

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful to write in and keep, 30 May 2012
These are such wonderful journals to write in with their vibrant covers. I love the Laurel Burch designs. I've got 2 now and they are just such lovely books to keep in your bag for notes or journal writing and everyone comments on it when I get it out of my bag. Lovely to give as a present.

Miriam Shapiro: Shaping the Fragments of Art and Life
Miriam Shapiro: Shaping the Fragments of Art and Life
by Thalia Gouma-Peterson

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for anyone interested in feminist art, 30 May 2012
There are so few books written individually about Miriam Schapiro even though she was a leader in the Feminist Art Movement along with Judy Chicago I think she was in Chicago's shadow in terms of prominence but her art is really inspiring. Having studied feminist art for my BA in Fine Art I think she is a much underated artist. Her assemblages of paint and fabric carry such vibrancy and meaning. A really lovely book.

Page: 1 | 2