Profile for DRW > Reviews

Content by DRW

DRW "DW" (Herefordshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Fruit of the Loom Men's Underwear Classic Slip - 3-Pack - Black - Large
Fruit of the Loom Men's Underwear Classic Slip - 3-Pack - Black - Large
Offered by Legendary Leisurewear

2.0 out of 5 stars Baggy pants, 20 Jan. 2015
I bought large based on some of the reviews. Sadly they have not shrunk in the wash. Medium may have been a better choice (I have 34 inch waist). Back to the quest for comfortable underpants now that another company have stopped making my favourites.

RAVPower® Element Portable External Battery Charger / Power Bank (10400mAh, iSmart, Dual USB) - Black
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery pack for iPhone, 17 Aug. 2014
I ordered this battery pack so my son could keep his iPhone charged while away at Soul Survivor (Tues-Sun). It did a great job bearing in mind that he runs his phone down daily. It kept his phone charged and charged three other people's phones, and still came home showing that the battery was still half charged. Battery is a decent size (i.e. not too big) and comes with a small bag plus charging cable (I charge it from an iPhone charger).

Bodum Tea For One 0.35 L/12 oz Double Walled Tea Glass and Tea Strainer - Lime Green

1.0 out of 5 stars Shattered!, 2 Dec. 2013
I had one of these for over two years until my wife dropped it and it shattered into 100s of pieces. I love the tea for one so immediately bought another. It slipped over sideways as my wife went to pick it up and broke. Can't believe it. Devastated. The first one was brilliant - how can the replacement be so delicate? I want another but don't want to take the risk of forking out nearly twenty quid for a couple of days of use.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 23, 2014 8:19 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Piece of Kit, 2 Aug. 2013
I wasn't sure about buying a Fitbit One when I read some of the reviews, but having used my Fitbit One for seven weeks now I wouldn't be without it. The device syncs perfectly with my laptop and iPhone and I love the fact that I have a record of exercise, sleep and calories in/out. It has prompted me to exercise more and eat more carefully, and also ensure that I get sufficient sleep at night. The pounds are coming off slowly but surely and staying off.

I had to contact customer support because the weekly progress reports they email out had mysteriously stopped. They responded quickly and resolved the issue. When I asked how to purchase a spare sleep wristband they asked for my address and promised to put one in the post free of charge. I have had no other problems. Great product, fantastic customer service.

There's a Green Plastic Monkey in My Purse: And Other Ways Motherhood Changes Us
by Jessie Clemence

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just for Miums!, 28 April 2013
Green Plastic Monkey is a book written by a young mother about motherhood. While the intended audience may have been other young mothers, this book is definitely not just for mums/moms. Given that Jessie Clemence, the author, is still in her thirties I am amazed at the profound wisdom contained in this book. While you could argue that Jessie has a unique gift, she simply cannot have written what she has written without a huge touch of God's Holy Spirit. Perhaps that is the only way that a book like this could be conceived and written. Perhaps that is why I, a fifty-five year old grandfather, have been so blessed by reading this book.

Lent for Non-Lent People: 33 Things to Give up for Lent and Other Readings
Lent for Non-Lent People: 33 Things to Give up for Lent and Other Readings

5.0 out of 5 stars Wondering about Lent?, 19 Feb. 2013
Lent troubles me. My daughter gives up chocolate and crisps - should I do the same? If so, why? Should I give up anything at all? Do I need to? If you have ever asked questions of this nature and have yet to find a satisfactory answer then make a start this Lent and give up the cost of this Kindle download. I am only part way through (it is after all a daily journey leading from Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday) but find myself challenged on many levels, while also being affirmed in my faith.

Jon Swanson has a unique ability of bringing Biblical teaching to life. For instance, chapter three examines Lent as a prophetic act. Jon looks at Elijah and in doing so encourages all those who have ever been discouraged by the journey. For me the statement; "Sometimes we have to travel a long way to be alone with God" suddenly explained the experience of Elijah fleeing from Jezebel with a clarity I had previously missed. It also helped put my own journey into perspective. Even if Lent has passed by the time you read this review, it would be worthwhile using this excellent resource on a daily basis at any time of the year, and then again every Lent.

Learning a new routine. Reading the Sermon on the Mount a little bit at a time
Learning a new routine. Reading the Sermon on the Mount a little bit at a time

5.0 out of 5 stars It shouldn't be routine, 10 Jan. 2013
I have been reading Jon Swanson's 'Learning a New Routine' bit by bit as part of my start of the day quiet time. This is not so much a daily routine, but integral to my life and my walk with God. I find the way that Jon brings the teaching of Jesus to life to be extremely helpful. I am constantly challenged by the question of how well I know Jesus. Reading 'Learning a New Routine' is helping to deepen my understanding as I consider His teaching from The Sermon on the Mount in bite-sized chunks that cause me to stop and reflect. Jon is extremely concise in his writing (try reading Jon's daily blog '300 Words a Day') and I really appreciate his ability to make me think without having to read for too long! Highly recommended.

TP-Link TL-PA211KIT AV200 Nano 200Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack
TP-Link TL-PA211KIT AV200 Nano 200Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack
Offered by Wiziwoo Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product that is simple to set up and works well, 24 April 2012
Bought this pack of adaptors after reading the Amazon reviews. I wasn't sure if they would work as I wanted to link a BT Homehub in my house with an Apple Time Capsule in my office extension, which is wired up separately but goes back to the main board where the meter is located. Plugged in, connected Ethernet either end. Pressed and held the button on one and counted to six. Pressed and held the button on the other and counted to six. Everything worked. Really pleased.

TomTom GO 950 LIVE Satellite Navigation System
TomTom GO 950 LIVE Satellite Navigation System

5.0 out of 5 stars TomTom ticks the boxes again., 6 Dec. 2009
This is my third TomTom and a replacement for my Go 910 model. My eldest son is still using my first TomTom and is looking forward to having the 910. I have delayed upgrading because the only complaint I have about the 910 is its size. Reviews on Amazon have also held me back from the 940 but as time has gone on and my maps have got more and more out of date the temptation to upgrade has increased. Then the Go 950 Live was released and I went for it. I travel a lot with work and rent cars abroad. Put simply I got tired of lumping the 910 around and the maps (UK and USA) were beginning to show their age. Why fork out for the map upgrade service when I can put the cost towards a new machine.

I am really pleased with the 950. I have used it in the UK and Ireland so far and it has been excellent. A significant improvement on the 910. Everything works as it should including the Live services. The 950 has paired with my iPhone and now acts as a car kit for the iPhone allowing me to ditch the headset/earpiece. As soon as I turn the TomTom on it automatically links to the iPhone, which is more than the Apple earpiece does.

There are a few changes I have had to get used too. I had the 910 set up for the screen to change to blue if my speed crept over 70mph. I cannot seem to do that on the 950 but I have set the speed warnings anyway. I would like to be able to reposition some of the information readouts on the bottom of the screen. It would have been neat if there had been a way to transfer my favourites from one TomTom to the other. Perhaps there is. Who cares because I really really like the new machine. I would recommend buying the TomTom hard case to protect the 950. It does not add too much to the size and provides good protection to the TomTom.

Since posting this review I have now tested the Live features in traffic. I ignored the first re-route as I was on home territory and was prepared to take the risk that my route was better. Then leaving Cardiff I got a traffic warning and a re-route option. I was about to ignore this too when I saw the brake lights ahead, so left the road as recommended and was taken around the traffic to join the M4 one junction earlier than planned. I could have found the re-route myself but would never have thought of using it. Cannot fault the TomTom. I accept that it is only one incident but it saved a significant amount of time. I am now seriously considering taking the subscription to Live services when the free month expires.

And .. the great thing about the size compared with the 910 is that it fits in my wife's handbag much better.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 22, 2010 10:25 PM BST

Panasonic DMREX98 Freeview+ 250 GB HDD VHS/DVD Recorder includes SD Card Slot - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product from Panasonic, 6 Dec. 2009
This is our second Panasonic HDD/DCD recorder. Our old one (3.5 years old) still works - except for the digital tuner. When this failed the cost of repair seemed prohibitive so we decided to put the repair cost towards the cost of a replacement. Bit miffed that the old one now only works on analogue channels but we like the product so much we went back to Panasonic. As we still have quite a few old videos we decided to go for the model with the built in VCR. The aim is to use the new machine to transfer family recordings from tape to DVD. The only problem we have is that one remote control operates both machines. We still have the old one set up because the hard drive is full of recorded programmes and we can record in analogue if we wish.

Other than that there are subtle improvements like the ability of the new machine to automatically adjust start and end times for a recording if a programme starts early or is delayed. Only thing we don't like is the adverts that now appear on the programming page. What a waste of space that could have been used to display more information.

Compatibility with our JVC TV is good. It would have been better if we'd had a Panasonic tele too. Every now and again the DVR will give a warning message that an NTSC DVD cannot be played due to incompatible TV system, which is not true. A reset to default settings usually cures this.

Page: 1 | 2