Profile for SESTRA > Reviews

La Vogue Women Scarf Tartan Plain Pashmina Tassel Wrap Shawl One Size Pink
La Vogue Women Scarf Tartan Plain Pashmina Tassel Wrap Shawl One Size Pink
Offered by Prada Infusion d'Iris

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 14 Jan. 2016
Thin, a bit stiff and flawed. I originally bought this as a Christmas present for a relative, but it took so long to arrive I ended up keeping it myself. These are not my colours either but it wasn't that expensive so I'll use it for when I'm walking or gardening. I think it is 100% acrylic, so the material is cheap too. Not a great buy.

Garmin nuvi 3598LMT-D 5" Sat Nav with UK and Full Europe Maps, Free Lifetime Map Updates, Free Lifetime Digital Traffic Alerts, Bluetooth with Magnetic Mount (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and a fantastic screen, 14 Jan. 2016
I bought this for my husband as a gift and we have used it quite a bit. The screen is great as it splits in two and shows exactly which lane you are meant to be in when approaching roundabouts and junctions etc. We only lost the satellite signal once when we were near an airport which took a while to get back online. The voice and directions are clear and not annoying and we find it very accurate. We can't compare with other products as this is first and only satnav - I think it was a great buy.

NEW! KETTLER UNIVERSAL ALU SLEEVE BOARD COVER 60x13,5 cm WITH SEWN-IN ELASTICATED BAND - SUITABLE FOR BOARDS WITH A SLEEVE LENGTH OF 55-60 CM (MABI ITEM.No. 722N-EU)
Offered by MABI Direct BRANDS by MABI GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 14 Jan. 2016
This is a great little cover, well padded and makes ironing sleeves a breeze. Why on earth can't the UK make these? This one came from Germany and the only covers I could find locally were a thin, beige inferior product that was similar to the original cover I had when I first purchased my sleeve board.

Tayberry Navy Blue Ladies Detta Padded Waterproof Jacket - Size XX-Large
Tayberry Navy Blue Ladies Detta Padded Waterproof Jacket - Size XX-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 17 Dec. 2015
I bought this little jacket in the New Year sale in 2011 and I am still wearing it. The trimmings are unusual and colourful which is what attracted me to it. It looks as good now as it did when I first got it. Very cute.

The Miracle Ball Method: Relieve Your Pain, Reshape Your Body, Reduce Your Stress
by Elaine Petrone

5.0 out of 5 stars These actually work, 17 Dec. 2015
Persistence is the key though and a lot of trial and error where positioning is concerned. The hardness/softness of the balls is very individual, but once you find your 'sweet' spots and breath into them it does seem to relax the muscles. It improved the tension between my shoulder blades and neck and also my lower back. I found it great for relieving sciatic pain too. You'll need a bicycle pump to keep them inflated as daily squashing with your body weight does deflate quickly.

10 Minute Solution - Pilates [DVD]
10 Minute Solution - Pilates [DVD]
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars One for keeps, 17 Dec. 2015
Love it. It is one of the few exercise CDs that I have kept because I actually use it regularly, it keeps me flexible and I haven't injured myself. I don't find it boring as I choose three of the ten minute work-outs always starting with the Core (abs) and ending with the Stretch and alternating the middle section with arms/legs/burn depending on how I feel. it is just about manageable when I get in from work, before starting dinner and other chores. It doesn't help with weight loss though, that would require cardio - I have Zumba for that.

Tetra Aqua Art Tank Stand, 60 Litre
Tetra Aqua Art Tank Stand, 60 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, 23 July 2014
Excellent stand. It looks stylish and is well structured. It met all our needs to re-house our upstairs fish tank. We encountered no problems in putting it together - although my husband is very practical and skilled with flat pack construction.

The 7 Principles of Fat Burning: Get Healthy, Lose Weight and Keep It Off!
The 7 Principles of Fat Burning: Get Healthy, Lose Weight and Keep It Off!
by Eric Berg

4.0 out of 5 stars Aspirational, but unrealistic, 14 April 2014
Great book, very informative and well written.
I now know where I've been going wrong with my diet and how this has impacted on my poor liver.
However, I think the diet regimes are too restrictive and probably unrealistic for most people - they certainly are for me.
I have adopted two or three of the easier solutions e.g. cranberry drink, more green vegetables, flaxseed oil and the right exercise for my body type, and I must admit I have been having the best sleep ever.

Game of Thrones: Season 1-3 [DVD] [2014]
Game of Thrones: Season 1-3 [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Peter Dinklage

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally addictive!, 14 April 2014
I don't normally like watching sex, blood and guts type programmes (unlike my husband), but this kept me interested on so many levels. Plenty of twist and turns and cliff hangers with the story lines and absolutely loads of love and hate characters. I thought the acting was superb throughout. I struggled to keep up with who's who, but the box set is ideal for re-watching and filling in the gaps.
I don't have sky Atlantic, so unable to watch series 4 - I've got withdrawal symptoms already!

I Quit Sugar: Your Complete 8-Week Detox Program and Cookbook
I Quit Sugar: Your Complete 8-Week Detox Program and Cookbook
by Sarah Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars A motivating and pragmatic approach to beating sugar addiction, 27 Feb. 2014
I bought this book because my sugar addiction is seriously out of control and starting to damage my health (I lost my figure to it many years ago). The tone of the book is very casual - Aussie style with a no-nonsense approach to the subject of sugar addiction. The content is well written and full of interesting facts that kept me interested. The layout of the book is modern with text broken up and illustrated throughout with good use of colour. I especially liked the 8 week detox programme which gives you two weeks to gently ease in and start replacing two or three things whilst preparing your store cupboard and freezer for the recipes ahead.
I'm currently in the first week and have cut back on fruit, sugary breakfast cereals and biscuits, but am still using sugar in tea and coffee, albeit less of it.
The only downside so far is procuring some of the ingredients needed for many of the recipes e.g. rice malt syrup, chai seeds and natural coconut products. Most are sourced from specialist on-line food stores which are quite expensive.
That said, I'm determined to give the 8 week programme a go and hope it changes my reliance on sugar once and for all.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2014 10:05 AM GMT