Profile for SESTRA > Reviews

SESTRA (Plymouth, Devon)

Tetra Aqua Art Tank Stand, 60 Litre
Tetra Aqua Art Tank Stand, 60 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, 23 July 2014
Excellent stand. It looks stylish and is well structured. It met all our needs to re-house our upstairs fish tank. We encountered no problems in putting it together - although my husband is very practical and skilled with flat pack construction.

The 7 Principles of Fat Burning: Get Healthy, Lose Weight and Keep It Off!
The 7 Principles of Fat Burning: Get Healthy, Lose Weight and Keep It Off!
by Eric Berg

4.0 out of 5 stars Aspirational, but unrealistic, 14 April 2014
Great book, very informative and well written.
I now know where I've been going wrong with my diet and how this has impacted on my poor liver.
However, I think the diet regimes are too restrictive and probably unrealistic for most people - they certainly are for me.
I have adopted two or three of the easier solutions e.g. cranberry drink, more green vegetables, flaxseed oil and the right exercise for my body type, and I must admit I have been having the best sleep ever.

Game of Thrones - Season 1-3 [DVD] [2014]
Game of Thrones - Season 1-3 [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Peter Dinklage

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally addictive!, 14 April 2014
I don't normally like watching sex, blood and guts type programmes (unlike my husband), but this kept me interested on so many levels. Plenty of twist and turns and cliff hangers with the story lines and absolutely loads of love and hate characters. I thought the acting was superb throughout. I struggled to keep up with who's who, but the box set is ideal for re-watching and filling in the gaps.
I don't have sky Atlantic, so unable to watch series 4 - I've got withdrawal symptoms already!

I Quit Sugar: Your Complete 8-Week Detox Program and Cookbook
I Quit Sugar: Your Complete 8-Week Detox Program and Cookbook
by Sarah Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars A motivating and pragmatic approach to beating sugar addiction, 27 Feb 2014
I bought this book because my sugar addiction is seriously out of control and starting to damage my health (I lost my figure to it many years ago). The tone of the book is very casual - Aussie style with a no-nonsense approach to the subject of sugar addiction. The content is well written and full of interesting facts that kept me interested. The layout of the book is modern with text broken up and illustrated throughout with good use of colour. I especially liked the 8 week detox programme which gives you two weeks to gently ease in and start replacing two or three things whilst preparing your store cupboard and freezer for the recipes ahead.
I'm currently in the first week and have cut back on fruit, sugary breakfast cereals and biscuits, but am still using sugar in tea and coffee, albeit less of it.
The only downside so far is procuring some of the ingredients needed for many of the recipes e.g. rice malt syrup, chai seeds and natural coconut products. Most are sourced from specialist on-line food stores which are quite expensive.
That said, I'm determined to give the 8 week programme a go and hope it changes my reliance on sugar once and for all.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2014 10:05 AM GMT