Profile for christinem > Reviews

christinem

Change One Thing!: Make One Change and Embrace a Happier, More Successful You
Change One Thing!: Make One Change and Embrace a Happier, More Successful You

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have - Change One Thing!, 23 Jun. 2014
If, like me, you see yourself with a laundry list of broken resolutions, Sue Hadfield’s latest book may be just what you need to get back on track. Its message is deceptively simple, and powerfully effective. Building on both the latest research and her own considerable personal experience of coaching and tutoring a wide range of people, the book demonstrates that in focusing on just one area of change in your life, there lies the key to transformation.

I found its step-by-step plan to make a meaningful change and real-life examples of people who successfully altered their lives both useful and empowering. The book made me realise that we could all use our unique personalities and talents to better effect and live a more fulfilled life. I now have the tools to build a more positive and creative future for myself and my family.

Brilliant Positive Thinking (Brilliant Lifeskills)
Brilliant Positive Thinking (Brilliant Lifeskills)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Breasth of Fresh Air, 30 Oct. 2011
Highly readable - I didn't want to put it down - this book reinforced my own sense of self worth whilst showing me how to develop the automatic habit of a positive response to life's ongoing challenges - be they great or small! At the same time, it helped me to identify my own negative habits and has motivated me into developing and beginning to practice alternative positive thoughts, strategies and interactions - it's amazing how straight-forward it is once you 'take the plunge'!

However, it isn't `easy' - as you read, you realize you do have to work at changing your automatic negative feelings, but the advice in the book is a treasure because it shows with clear, practical examples, how to specifically develop a positive mind-set and become the positive, confident person you've always wanted to be. It's literally brilliant - a breath of fresh air to me in the self-help range with specific everyday examples that I can adapt to suit any situation in my family/work-a-day or personal life. This could be a true `friend' to all who wish to live a more satisfying positive life!

How to be Assertive in Any Situation
How to be Assertive in Any Situation

5.0 out of 5 stars How to be Assertive, 3 Oct. 2010
What a useful and sensitive book. Challenging enough to keep you engaged but so well structured that its not overwhelming. Plenty of practical examples to help you identify with specific situations. This both helps embed the positive attitudes you need to develop for everyday interactions, as well as opportunities to practice 'a little at a time' to ensure success. What a difference it could make to your own self-esteem if you actually felt free to express what you often know to be an important view. Your ideas should be considered by others, both at home and at work, before decisions are made. This book explains how simply and 'painlessly' you can do it without antagonizing others.

I wish this book had been available sooner - as a retired headteacher, it would have been such a supportive text to encourage a staff team in developing their own individual skills and talents (and mine!). Too often the arrogant selfish few dominate professional discussion. Greater confidence in expressing clearly an alternative option has to be to everyone's mutual benefit. Too many bullies get away with dominance because others lack the courage to be assertive - and they are often wrong. Here are the tools to turn the tables and nurture an open, co-operative and constructive working environment where everyone will feel valued. I feel it would be an excellent text for use in staff training.
Definitely food for thought!