Profile for Gayl MacKinnon > Reviews

Content by Gayl MacKinnon

Gayl MacKinnon (Lanarkshire, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Rufus Roo: The BIG POCKET Travel Jacket in RED - Medium size
Rufus Roo: The BIG POCKET Travel Jacket in RED - Medium size
Offered by Rufus Roo
Price: 29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for bypassing baggage size limitations, especially on Ryanair!, 11 Feb 2014
Since I nearly always travel on Ryanair from Scotland to Dublin, and they continue to lower the size of one carry on bag, I bought this. This, the first time I've used it, I was able to stay within their silly small measurements using a small carry on bag, and pack so much more into my Rufus Roo vest. It has plenty of pockets of different sizes (2 being large enough to carry a full size laptop computer), is not considered a carry on as it is worn and is easy to use. I am very happy with this product and therefore I have given it 5 stars.

George Carlin: The Very Best of- 1996-2001 [DVD]
George Carlin: The Very Best of- 1996-2001 [DVD]
Dvd ~ George Carlin
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 12.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Not His Best, 9 July 2013
I have always loved George Carlin's sense of humour, and after reading various reviews on George Carlin DVD's I decided on this one. I believe it contains 3 discs, and so far have only watched one of them, but I was sadly disappointed with it. It was not any of his best performances. Maybe the other 2 discs will be better....

Eazy Fold Shirt Clothes Folder (Large, Blue)
Eazy Fold Shirt Clothes Folder (Large, Blue)
Offered by supermarket-x
Price: 7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Peasy!, 9 July 2013
My husband insists on buying all cotton button down shirts, and he irons them himself. But, he always wanted me to fold them, saying I could do it better than he could. So, I bought him one of these shirt folders and now he can do them himself. No excuses, lol.

GrandGadgets Excellent Airflow Series 12 inch Desk/Table Fan with Oscillating Function and 3 Speed Slow, Medium & Fast

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool and Comfortable Now!, 9 July 2013
I got this fan to cool off my bedroom because I can't leave my windows open at night and the room was getting quite warm. It only took me a few minutes to assemble it and now it is much cooler in my bedroom at night and I am able to sleep much better. Good price, and good reviews made me choose this one and I have not been disappointed.

Premier Gel Big Bum Bike Saddle - Fits All Bikes - FROM ROADUSER DIRECT
Premier Gel Big Bum Bike Saddle - Fits All Bikes - FROM ROADUSER DIRECT
Offered by Roaduserdirect
Price: 15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars SO MUCH BETTER, 26 Sep 2012
I recently got a mountain bike from freecycle, and it had a very hard seat. I literally rode the bike for only one block and felt bruised for days afterwards. I started checking out bike seats here on Amazon, and knew I wanted and needed something a bit larger...and soft. This seat is like sitting on a pillow, well, the closest thing to sitting on a pillow anyway! It is a good size, is a foam and gel seat, AND also has springs providing a lovely soft enjoyable ride. I would recommend this seat to anyone.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2013 9:04 AM GMT

An Echo in the Bone (Outlander Book 7)
An Echo in the Bone (Outlander Book 7)
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 12 Jun 2012
For fans of Clare, Jamie, and family, this book is wonderful. The author makes you feel that you are a part of the family and her research into this period in history is really very well done. You become involved in the story and I recommend this book as a very good read. I have read the entire series (so far) and I am now eagerly awaiting the next book in the series.

A Breath Of Snow And Ashes: (Outlander 6)
A Breath Of Snow And Ashes: (Outlander 6)
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Very Good, 12 Jun 2012
If you are a follower of this series and want to find out what Clare, Jamie and extended family have to face in this latest book of the Outlander series I highly recommend this book. It is, so far, the last book in the series, although I have heard a new book will be out later this year or sometime next year, and I couldn't put it down. It is well written, and Diana Gabaldon has really done her research into historical places and events very well. I can't wait for the next book to come out!

Shadows at Stonewylde
Shadows at Stonewylde
by Kit Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book in the continuing saga of Stonewylde, 31 Aug 2011
This review is from: Shadows at Stonewylde (Hardcover)
I have to say, I awaited this latest book in the series with great anticipation and it did not disappoint me. Yul and Sylvie are grown ups now with a family of their own. This book has more of a dark feeling to it, as Yul is taken over completely by the running of Stonewylde rather than in partnership with Sylvie. Also, Magus is back, in spirit form, haunting Sylvie and she is afraid to tell Yul about it because she had gone through a bout of post natal depression after the birth of her youngest daughter and had to be hospitalised for a time, and she is afraid that if she confides in Yul he will think she is having delusions again and put her back in the hospital. The story has many great twists and turns, and Leveret, Yul's youngest sister is now a major charactor in this story and I felt so sorry for her that she was not taken seriously by her mother , or Yul. Only Clip realises she is not lying about things. The ending left you hanging and wanting to read more. I can't wait for the next book in the series!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gorgeous Dress!, 12 July 2011
I am going on a cruise this Autumn and have been looking for a maxi dress that looks nice but does not cost at least 100 like alot of the other maxi dresses I was looking at. I saw this one, and I have an M&Co shop in my town so I went down to try it on to make sure I was ordering the correct size as some sizes run big and others small. After trying it on and making sure of what size was right for me I also picked up a pair of shoes and a waterfall cardigan to go with it, but the dress was a bit cheaper online, even with delivery costs, so I ordered it that way. I now have a lovely outfit that I can dress up or down for my cruise. M&Co was new to me and since going to their physical shop I was very impressed with their selection of clothing and accessories, and have made it into one of my go to shops as their prices are VERY affordable. There was a another maxi dress that I really liked on the M&S website, but that was 99. I got this entire outfit for nearly half the price of just that dress. I would definitely recommend M&Co to anyone.

Marion Zimmer Bradley's Sword of Avalon (Avalon (Roc))
Marion Zimmer Bradley's Sword of Avalon (Avalon (Roc))
by Diana L. Paxson
Price: 9.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book in the Avalon series, 12 July 2011
I have just finished this book and I enjoyed it very much. Another great book in the Avalon series. It explains the making of Excalibur. Diana Paxson fills the book and her characters with rich details drawing you in immediately. It also introduces 2 characters that have been reborn in this story that were in Ancestors of Avalon, and you make the connection. I found it to be an easy, fun read and I would highly recommend it to anyone reading the Avalon series of books.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6