Profile for Gayl MacKinnon > Reviews

Content by Gayl MacKinnon

Gayl MacKinnon (Lanarkshire, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Solstice at Stonewylde: Book 3 (Stonewylde Series)
Solstice at Stonewylde: Book 3 (Stonewylde Series)
by Kit Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, 28 Dec 2010
If you have read books 1 and 2 of the Stonewylde series I highly recommend reading book 3. It leaves you hanging in suspense until the very last page and is wonderfully written. I didn't want to put it down and I was sad when I finished it, not because it was disappointing in any way, it was not, but I know I had to say goodbye to the characters until the next book in the series comes out. I can't wait to read it!!!

Moondance of Stonewylde: Book 2 (Stonewylde Series)
Moondance of Stonewylde: Book 2 (Stonewylde Series)
by Kit Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 28 Dec 2010
In this continuation of the first book in the Stonewylde series, the suspense continues to grow towards a crecendo. It is well written, suspenseful, and a fun read. I didn't want to put it down! I have read all 3 books in the series and I can't wait for the 4th book to come out so I can absolutely consume it!!! The entire series so far reminds me of the film The Wicker Man.

The Bucket List [DVD] [2008]
The Bucket List [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Jack Nicholson
Price: 3.00

3.0 out of 5 stars An OK DVD, 28 Dec 2010
This review is from: The Bucket List [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
This is an OK DVD. I thought it would be better than it was, although it is fun to watch for the most part. Jack Nicholson is his usual self, as is Morgan Freeman with his amazing voice. It starts off in hospital where both men share a room, both with Cancer, and gets off to a bit of a maudlin start. Once they decide to leave the hospital it gets better. Both men compile a list of things they want to do before they die, and they do finish almost all of them before the end of the movie. It takes you to exotic places, between the 2 there is laughter and fights, smiles and tears. Unless you are a die hard fan of Jack or Morgan I would just recommend that you rent this, rather than buy it.

The Fry Chronicles
The Fry Chronicles
by Stephen Fry

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks Like A Good Read, 28 Dec 2010
This review is from: The Fry Chronicles (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my husband as a Christmas gift and he loves it. He immediately opened it to look at all the pictures, lol. He hasn't actually started to read it yet but I know it will be a good read and funny as well. Stephen Fry has a wonderful, witty sense of humour.

Bird Feeder Cleaning Brush
Bird Feeder Cleaning Brush
Offered by Seed Shop
Price: 2.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 28 Dec 2010
This review is from: Bird Feeder Cleaning Brush
It's such a hassle trying to get my bird feeders clean. I usually have to totally disassemble them, but this handy brush helps make the cleaning alot easier.

How to Look Good Naked: Shop for Your Shape and Look Amazing!
How to Look Good Naked: Shop for Your Shape and Look Amazing!
by Gok Wan
Price: 8.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Huge Gok Fan!!!, 28 Dec 2010
I am a huge Gok fan, and have bought all of his books, and watch all of his programmes. He does know how to make you look your best based on your body shape. However, I find that I am a cross between 2 different body shapes. I just incorporate styles from both body types and that works for me. THANK YOU GOK!!!

The Birdcage [DVD] [1996]
The Birdcage [DVD] [1996]
Dvd ~ Robin Williams
Offered by Mega-Deals
Price: 16.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious Film, 14 Dec 2010
This review is from: The Birdcage [DVD] [1996] (DVD)
Even though this film is 14 years old I still laugh until the tears run down my face every time I watch this! Robin Williams is, as usual, superb and over the top, Nathan Lane does a fantastic job of playing the hysterical spouse, as for the character Agador Spartacus I just laugh saying the name, and Gene Hackman is also great in this film. A MUST SEE IF YOU WANT TO LAUGH!!!

1 Pair Of Nordvek Genuine Lambswool Insoles - Adults / Childrens Sizes Available - Adult - 3 UK (35 EU)
Offered by Oakgrain Leather
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Product, 14 Dec 2010
I bought 4 pairs of these wool insoles. 2 for myself and 2 for my husband. They do keep my feet toasty warm and I highly recommend them. The pure wool allows your feet to breathe keeping them warm, but not overly hot. Good product for the winter time.

Thunderheart [DVD] [1992]
Thunderheart [DVD] [1992]
Dvd ~ Val Kilmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good DVD, 14 Dec 2010
This review is from: Thunderheart [DVD] [1992] (DVD)
I first saw this DVD back in the States in the early 90's, when I lived there. It became a favourite immediately. It's based on a true story, and this time.....the Indians actually WIN!

Olay Regenerist Moisturiser 3 Point Treatment Moisturiser Serum
Olay Regenerist Moisturiser 3 Point Treatment Moisturiser Serum
Offered by Online Beauty Buys
Price: 14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT, 14 Dec 2010
I love the Olay Regenerist line of products and this serum is no exception. It leaves your skin silky smooth and hydrated, even in the extreme cold. It does work well at reducing the appearance of fine lines all over your face, neck, and decolletage! This is one product I will be loyal to!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6