Profile for Gayl MacKinnon > Reviews

Content by Gayl MacKinnon

Gayl MacKinnon (Lanarkshire, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Heavy Duty Suet Feeder - Copper Lid
Heavy Duty Suet Feeder - Copper Lid

5.0 out of 5 stars Bird Feeder, 12 Jun. 2011
I bought this feeder to use for suet blocks as a special treat for my wild birds. It looks nice with the copper top, is easy to load the suet block into, and my birds, which are normally very hesitant if I put out a new feeder they aren't use to yet, went crazy over the suet blocks I put into this. Great item, well made, and visually pleasing. I would recommend it.

Chapelwood 5 kg Wild Bird Seed Mix
Chapelwood 5 kg Wild Bird Seed Mix
Offered by Sam Turner & Sons

3.0 out of 5 stars Bird Food, 12 Jun. 2011
Since I am a wild bird lover, I feed the birds every day, come sun, rain, or snow! I usually buy the 4kg bag of birdfood at the store and thought I would be saving money by getting the larger size. The food was good, the birds like it, but it actually works out cheaper to get the store bought seeds, after P&P. That was disappointing and from now on, I shall stick to the store bought seed for my birds.

The Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton (Life (Life Books))
The Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton (Life (Life Books))
by Life Books

5.0 out of 5 stars The Royal Wedding of William and Catherine, 12 Jun. 2011
I wanted to buy a book that would commemorate the Royal wedding of William and Catherine. I wanted big glossy photos and not too much reading and this book did not disappoint me. Wonderful photos, and short chapters on the lives of William, Catherine, the Royal Family, etc. Also had some wonderful photos of Princess Diana as well. I would recommend this book to anyone.

The Forest House (Avalon)
The Forest House (Avalon)
by Marion Zimmer Bradley
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars The beginnong of the Avalon series, 12 Jun. 2011
I had previously read 4 other book from the Avalon series, which were wonderful, and thought it was time I read the first book in the series. It did not disappoint! MZB brings her characters to life. You feel that you know them. In this book, it explains how Avalon was founded. Their interaction with the Romans was not always peaceful, as is usual when foreign people come to claim a country for themselves. However, the 2 main characters cross barriers that stand the test of time. It was a wonderful story and I would recommend it.

The Edge of Light
The Edge of Light
by Joan Wolf

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 12 Jun. 2011
This review is from: The Edge of Light (Paperback)
This was a new author for me. I thought this book was a great read! Joan Wolf create's wonderful characters making you feel that you actually know them. She brings them to life. This book is the third of a 3 book series. I did read the other 2 before this one. This one was about Alfred the Great, his wife Elswyth, and their fight with the Danes that invaded Britain. No other ruler was as great a warrior since King Arthur. This book is full of history, given a bit of artistic license, and I would recommend it to anyone.

2 PAIRS OF LAMBLAND GENUINE LAMBSWOOL INSOLES (SIZE 3)
2 PAIRS OF LAMBLAND GENUINE LAMBSWOOL INSOLES (SIZE 3)
Offered by Lambland ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and Warm, 4 April 2011
I bought 3 pairs of these this past winter because they work so well to keep your feet nice and warm, yet they are able to breathe! They are a great value for money and last a long time. If you have shoes that are already a bit snug on your foot then don't buy them, but if your shoes fit normally or are just that little bit too big, these make the fit just right. I will continue to buy these again and again!!

The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium Trilogy Book 2)
The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium Trilogy Book 2)
by Stieg Larsson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 30 Mar. 2011
I have read all 3 books in the Millenium Trilogy and am so sorry that the author, Stieg Larsson, did not live long enough to see what an international success his books would become! These 3 books are some of the best written crime/fiction/thrillers I have ever read, and I am an avid reader! The characters are well formed and you can relate to them, their surroundings, and the books move at a nice quick pace, making you want to read them straight through without putting them down. Unfortunately, since they are over 600 pages each, this can't be done by the average reader! All through the books many injustices have been committed, but in the end, justice is served and you want to cheer that the bad guys got what they deserved. This is a set of books I will keep and read over and over again. I usually go through more than 60 books a year and couldn't possibly keep them all, even if I wanted to, but I will make sure to keep these. If you like this genre of book I highly recommend them. You won't be disappointed!

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Book 1)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Book 1)
by Stieg Larsson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 30 Mar. 2011

Wahl 9918-1117 Cord/ Cordless Grooming kit
Wahl 9918-1117 Cord/ Cordless Grooming kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Trimmer, 28 Mar. 2011
My husbands old beard trimmer finally gave up the ghost and he needed a new one. I bought him this one and he loves it. It is affordably priced, comes with alot of different attachments, and works very well. A very good grooming device. As good as some of the more expensive models, and Wahl is a trusted name in grooming products and has been around for a long time. Very reliable. Highly recommended.

Who Do You Think You Are? Encyclopedia of Genealogy: The definitive reference guide to tracing your family history
by Nick Barratt

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 28 Mar. 2011
I started researching my family history a couple of years ago with a subscription on Ancestry.co.uk and that site is very helpful. However, this book has even more tips and helpful suggestions in it and it's title really does say it all. I have found it to be extremely helpful in every way. If you are researching your family roots, or even someone else's, this is a fantastic resource book to start with. It is very comprehensive and tells you (I think) everything you need to know about how to go about this task. Complete with websites, addresses and phone numbers, and many, many useful idea's to help you. I highly recommend it to anyone!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6