Profile for Glen > Reviews

Content by Glen

Glen (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
August LP205R - Wireless Presenter with Red Laser Pointer - Cordless Powerpoint Slide Changer with Shortcut Keys - Remote Control Range: 15m - Battery Powered (1xAAA Inc.)
Offered by Daffodil UK

5.0 out of 5 stars It just works, 26 April 2015
This has t be the easiest thing in the world to setup. The receiver which came with the pointer was plugged into one of the USB ports on my laptop, PowerPoint was fired up and without any effort, I was clicking and pointing my way through a presentation. Can not fault the product and the value for money it was.

A Better Camera
A Better Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera App, 26 April 2015
This review is from: A Better Camera (App)
A lot of camera apps are very similar and are just a new GUI compared with one another. This one though has a few extra functions and the two I really like are the ability to turn the phone torch while taking a photo and the macro function.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the paper safe, 26 April 2015
This does the job of carrying large sheets of paper (A1 size) without any trouble. The design is nice and the carry strap is sturdy but my only gripe would be the end cap. The end cap is a push fir design and I would have preferred a screw fit just for piece of mind. Just to be clear that the push cap fitting has not caused me problems but I always make sure I have it the right way up... just in case.

RAVPower 13000mAh Portable Charger Power Bank External Battery Pack with iSmart Technology (3rd Generation Deluxe, 4.5A, Dual USB) - White
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars It is best to charge this overnight as it can take a ..., 26 April 2015
I bought this as a replacement for an Anker Power Bank which I had for a couple of years until it recently failed. It is best to charge this overnight as it can take a long time which can be reduced using a higher amp charger. I used my motorola fast charger and it is definately quicker to fully charge. It has charged my phone and tablet without to many issues, actually the only issue is the pass through charging which did not work when I was charging my tablet. However, if like so many people who's smartphone seems to run out of charge too quickly, then this will definately help. In my opinion, this charges at a similar rate to a wall charger where some power banks I've tried take an eternity to 'juice' your phone. I would go for one of these again.

FolderSync
FolderSync

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for backing up devices and various cloud services., 26 April 2015
This review is from: FolderSync (App)
I use it to keep certain folders on my phone and tablet synced. I also use it to backup folders to my cloud storage and to my portable 1TB hard drive which I have plugged into my router. The great thing about the app is that it was so easy to setup and no 'expert' knowledge is needed. The only thing to remember is that it may use a fair amount of your data allowance depending on what you are syncing but there is a setting to only allow syncing over wifi.

Supper Mini Bluetooth Car Code Reader Compatible with Android / Droid / Torque Support OBD2 OBD II ELM327 Power 2 - Blue
Offered by Bestin

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 26 April 2015
I have tried this on several cars and it connects every time. The cars Ive tried it on are from Ford, Volvo and Vauxhall and each one allows the monitoring of data from the ECU and to check for some faults. Please note this is not capable of checking for all the faults that might display on your car dash but I think it is the same with nearly all of the BT devices like this. It wont be able to check fault lights relating to your ABS for example but I knew that at the time of purchase.

AVG AntiVirus PRO for Android phones and tablets
AVG AntiVirus PRO for Android phones and tablets

1.0 out of 5 stars Not updated by developer, 25 Feb. 2015
The app download is out of date when compared to the Google play store, with this at version 3 and the play store at version 4. It would appear that AVG are no longer supporting the Amazon app store. I'm not sure what effect this will have on your devices security. The one star is purely for the lack of support which is essential when it comes to security.

XiiaLive Pro - Internet Radio
XiiaLive Pro - Internet Radio

4.0 out of 5 stars Liking It, 8 Feb. 2015
I tried this app some years ago but favoured Tunein. I have now switched to XiiaLive as the navigation is straightforward and the UI much nicer... I know its only cosmetics but hey. The usual stations are all present like BBC R3, R4, Talksport etcand if you're interested in the bitrate of your current stream, it's also displayed.

TuneIn Radio Pro
TuneIn Radio Pro

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but could be improved., 8 Feb. 2015
This review is from: TuneIn Radio Pro (App)
I've been using this app for a number of years and I feel that it is going down hill. Why the app can not just have a favourites button like it used to rather than trying to make it a social media app with "following and followers". Also, it appears that Tunein Pro is not being updated from the Amazon App Store with the version still at 12.8 whereas the current version is 13.1 elsewhere.

IVSO Slim Hybrid-Style Stand Cover Case for Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet - with Multi-Angle View, 360 Degree Rotation and Auto Sleep/Wake Function (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protection for the Sony Z2 Tablet, 5 July 2014
I have had this case for a month now and I'm very impressed with it.

This is not one of those generic 10.1 cases but designed and built specifically for the Sony Z2 tablet and it shows. Aesthetically it is great and certainly looks much better than the price would suggest and has a feel of quality about it. Closing and opening the case switches the screen off and on respectively which is a nice touch.

Like other reviewers have mentioned all the controls are eaisly accessible and there is no need to remove the tablet from the case other than to switch/add/remove the SD card. The case allows the tablet to be rotated 360 degrees which is ideal for allowing the audio jack on the tablet to be accessed from the top if the tablet is stood upright. The part of the cased which covers the screen when it is closed is made of a nice soft felt type of material which doesn't scratch your screen. In short, a big thumbs up from me.

Page: 1 | 2