Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Biology and Anatomy & Physiology Helps:  Tissues
Biology and Anatomy & Physiology Helps: Tissues
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars PHD student genetics, 9 May 2014
What can i say but for any med student a great book outstanding superb and so so cheap 77p excellent

The Double Helix
The Double Helix
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The double helix, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Double Helix (Kindle Edition)
What can I say but just simply superb. A truly honest story. No one involved with the story of the discovery of the DNA double helix could be offended. It's just a shame that Rosalind isn't here to enjoy this book and her contributions to scientific understanding. Darwin and Mendel would be most pleased.

Dna: The Secret of Life
Dna: The Secret of Life
Price: 5.03

5.0 out of 5 stars DNA the secret of life, 5 Oct 2013
This was a truly inspirational book. Watson is an extremely beautiful, elegant writer. I myself am an evolutionist. I have worked very hard to achieve it. But when I was able to put together all the scientific evidence myself and truly understand what DNA , mRNA, rRNA, trna, the 20 l amino acids that the mammalian eukaryote uses to construct a polypeptide chain, that eventually becomes a protein, what meiosis and meitosis is, what a gamete is, what a somatic cell is, (haploid,diploid), chromosomes, chromatids, centromeres, telomeres. I could go on.

All I can say is this my daughter will not grow up in ignorance and the silly supernatural. Life is nothing more than simple biochemical processes that obey all physical laws. We are nothing more than a product of evolution controlled by natural selection. And as Darwin wrote "there is wonder in this view of life" . Natural selection has given us this opportunity. The discovery and then the working out of the double helix enabled us to read the book of life. Now science is allowing us to understand it. Now the planet needs to grow up and let scientist use this knowledge for the good of humankind.

If I can understand what an allele is, what homozygous dominant/recessive, heterozygous, the phospholipid bilayer, mutation, point mutation (single nucleotide polymorphism) then any one can understand it .Yes it doesn't come to you over night. It takes a bit of work. But it's so worth it. My time in this universe isn't long
I refuse to waste it on silliness. I hope my daughter one day becomes a geneticist or a microbiologist. Not for money like the Craig ventors of the world but because its the right thing to do. For the good of this planet and the living biological organisms that live in it.

Science taught me true morality, through science and reason.